Sigh...this is why we can't have nice things.

Skyhawke

5 hours ago, lemming said:

Well, assuming the seeded at 10,000 are the 10,000,000 ones, that currently leaves 5109, you could in theory buy up everything at 9,999 for less than 52 million.  Which isn't much for a lot of people.  A bit of clicking is the real cost IMO.

for science i bought up 15,000 common salvage @10,666 a piece

despite the available volume now being below the 10,000,000 seed amount, sales are coming in for 505, suggesting the seeded volume is perhaps lower than 10K

image.png.cfb42782a272ee65c4145967a46b9a58.png

• Like 1

I assumed it was due to all the lowbies farming Halloween GMs in Atlas Park getting 30 merits every 15 minutes or so adds up fast.  (Currency deflation not market inflation)

Edited by ZeroSaint

Currently playing as:

Daughter of Crom | War Mace | Energy Aura | Scrapper 👊

Special Circumstance | Assault Rifle | Devices | Blaster 💣

/ Excelsior

On 10/21/2023 at 3:06 PM, Skyhawke said:

I ran into someone realllllly overpricing all the basic salvage.

s-l1200.webp

• Thumbs Up 1

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

On 10/22/2023 at 1:08 AM, Without_Pause said:

The last 5 are notoriously incorrect at times. I've never paid for a common that was more than 100.

I popped 5 bids for common salvage at 100 just before supper. I logged in just now and picked them all up. I added two more and got one instantly.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

On 10/23/2023 at 4:36 PM, MoonSheep said:

despite the available volume now being below the 10,000,000 seed amount, sales are coming in for 505, suggesting the seeded volume is perhaps lower than 10K

No, this was in the Issue 26 patch notes. 

• Salvage Market seeded to keep costs down: 10K for common salvage, 100K for uncommon salvage, 1M for rare salvage, and 50K for a Brainstorm Idea

As I understand it, this was a one-time event.  10 million salvage dumped in.  It's not constantly being replenished.  Doesn't need to be.  So some of that might have (probably has) actually been sold, meaning you'd have to dig down somewhere under 10 million to find the seeded salvage.  Bidding 9,999 would eventually find it when the bid fails.

But it's also possible you did scrape away all the player salvage at that moment.  Can't tell from bidding over 10K tho.   But what you more likely saw is just the other reason it's futile to try cornering the salvage market: There's a constant influx of salvage, usually being dumped at 1 inf apiece AND there are over ten thousand outstanding bids, all for under 10K.  You can squeeze supply and cause prices to start going up somewhat but only so long as you keep doing it.  The salvage market wants to return to those lower prices, and it will, as soon as you take your finger off the button.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, biostem said:

Does nobody just run a quick AE arc to buy the common salvage for a pittance?  Though, even at an inflated price, 1 level 50 minion should get you a few dozen pieces of common salvage...

I do a couple of tunnel runs if I "need" Salvage.

I will also consistently get one or two purple recipe drops.

Edited by JasperStone
of I to if I
  • Thumbs Up 1

/e poofgone

3 hours ago, ZemX said:

No, this was in the Issue 26 patch notes. 

• Salvage Market seeded to keep costs down: 10K for common salvage, 100K for uncommon salvage, 1M for rare salvage, and 50K for a Brainstorm Idea

As I understand it, this was a one-time event.  10 million salvage dumped in.  It's not constantly being replenished.  Doesn't need to be.  So some of that might have (probably has) actually been sold, meaning you'd have to dig down somewhere under 10 million to find the seeded salvage.  Bidding 9,999 would eventually find it when the bid fails.

But it's also possible you did scrape away all the player salvage at that moment.  Can't tell from bidding over 10K tho.   But what you more likely saw is just the other reason it's futile to try cornering the salvage market: There's a constant influx of salvage, usually being dumped at 1 inf apiece AND there are over ten thousand outstanding bids, all for under 10K.  You can squeeze supply and cause prices to start going up somewhat but only so long as you keep doing it.  The salvage market wants to return to those lower prices, and it will, as soon as you take your finger off the button.

i’m not certain whether the prices went down as cheaper salvage was being put on the market or whether the seeded salvage is mixed in rather than layered

what i am certain of is that i spent 150,000,000 inf because someone on the forum didn’t have the patience to wait 30-40 seconds for their bid to fill and made a post complaining about it haha

16 minutes ago, MoonSheep said:

i’m not certain whether the prices went down as cheaper salvage was being put on the market or whether the seeded salvage is mixed in rather than layered

what i am certain of is that i spent 150,000,000 inf because someone on the forum didn’t have the patience to wait 30-40 seconds for their bid to fill and made a post complaining about it haha

As I understand it the "seeded" salvage is a giant stack at that price that will interact normally with bids. You can bid 99 mill on common salvage and pay that, but are guaranteed to buy it NOW at 10,000. 

You are welcome to spend another couple days and another 150 mil testing this though.  I encourage you in your effort!

Joel Robison Photography

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, kelika2 said:

damn theres over 4k boosters for sale now.  either also seeded or someone busted out mathmathmath merits

I made some billions on this. I had boosters left over from thousands of Superpack purchases and loads of merits which I traded in for boosters to sell at those elevated prices. For a while, every night the price would peak in the 2-5 million each range, I would sell out everything I could post, and the bids to buy outstanding would still exceed 25,000. It normally sits about 11-12,000 or so.

This was, ofc, due to loads of new fifties coming out of the ToT Hotel Madness. That's still going on at a slower rate, but I think the big rush for it is over, and booster prices seem to bakc to the pre-ToT normal.

8 minutes ago, MoonSheep said:

Sales below 10K are always from players putting salvage on the auction house for that price or cheaper.  Seeded salvage is 10K.  Period.  The only way you can possibly buy seeded salvage is if you bid 10K or more (which you did) and if you first purchase ALL items offered for less than 10K (which you can't be sure of since you didn't bid 9,999).

23 minutes ago, MoonSheep said:

Think of it as a community donation. 🤪

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Snarky said:

As I understand it the "seeded" salvage is a giant stack at that price that will interact normally with bids. You can bid 99 mill on common salvage and pay that, but are guaranteed to buy it NOW at 10,000. 

You are welcome to spend another couple days and another 150 mil testing this though.  I encourage you in your effort!

Joel Robison Photography

I think the best time to execute such a test would be right after a server restart -- before everyone gets back on to be posting more of it to sell. 

I would be interested to see how many one would need to buy per hour to keep it empty of non-seeded posts.

I'm not sure one person can bid, retrieve, and delete fast enough to keep up with it.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Snarky said:

This.  There is never a point to bidding more than 10k on common salvage.  10k bids will always succeed (unless we collectively manage to buy all seeded salvage, which I doubt).

Similarly, posting a sale for more than 10K will never succeed because anyone bidding higher than 10K will be connected with the lowest offer, which is guaranteed to be, at most, 10K.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, ZemX said:

Similarly, posting a sale for more than 10K will never succeed because anyone bidding higher than 10K will be connected with the lowest offer, which is guaranteed to be, at most, 10K.

I'm certain people do this anyway.

One of the things I do is set up test sales to monitor ranges. e.g., for common salvage, I'd out in 1000, 2000, 3000, ... 9000, and 9999; and then see which sold overnight. This costs a lot less to do. :D

• Like 1

Speaking of boosters, thank you to whoever put out all those 2M inf bids.  I owe you a Christmas card, this was the largest inf generating event I've had in this game.  I spent over 2.5 hours one day just acquiring them with merits and throwing them on AH.  Let's just say it put me at an inf threshold I never expected to get to.

6 minutes ago, Hedgefund said:

Speaking of boosters, thank you to whoever put out all those 2M inf bids.  I owe you a Christmas card, this was the largest inf generating event I've had in this game.  I spent over 2.5 hours one day just acquiring them with merits and throwing them on AH.  Let's just say it put me at an inf threshold I never expected to get to.

I think it was a number of people. Those of us who've been using the markets for a long time in big ways generally wouldn't spend that much in so short a time when we know the prices will be back down in short order. But people with a stable of new fifties and flush with cash from ToT and selling prismatics might not batt an eyelash at spending 2 Million each to get booster right nao. 

The daily spikes in numbers of bids to buy -might- have been a flipper trying to buy a lot at 10% or more below 2 million to resell at or above 2 million.

It was a thing of beauty for those of us with the reserves of boosters and merits to draw on and sell :D