Okay Hotshot: Going Up!

Going Up  

105 members have voted

1. 1. Which elevator do you pick?

• Retired Game Master
2 hours ago, nihilii said:

2, and before reading all other answers (but after voting and seeing the post results), I was about to ask whether right-handed people were more likely to pick 3. 🙂 Interesting...

Which is fine, but I'm left handed. 🙂

"No, really. He's a GM. Don't ask me."

--The Entire Server, probably.

7 minutes ago, catsi563 said:

3 of course Because 3 is a magic number

I thought 9 was the magic number.

On the right-handed and left-handed debate, I'm not sure it applies. I've read a few articles arguing what side you drive on affects your choice of turns, which I don't subscribe to as well. I have, however, come across a study that suggested gender or left-brain, right-brain dominance may have a play at it, that females in particular tend to go left (which I can vouch for with my wife's behaviour in malls). Another thing to consider is ergonomics. I feel there may be a correlation between getting to the elevator foyer and swinging your mouse to the right is slightly "more natural" to some than the left, primarily because most of us have stronger extensors than flexors in our forearms. And factor in the reaction time/arc of swing, then elevator 3 becomes the path of least resistance to most.

• Like 1

While running a mission today, I noticed that the objective marker was placed on door 3.  So this could be another reason door 3 is often chosen; if you're following the arrow on your compass, it may steer you towards door 3, and you may follow it directly to that door without really considering why.

• Like 1

I always take the sixth elevator cause I was told it was an express elevator to dupin rares, and I am perma-haten elevator #5.  Once I've gotten to the rooftop, I ask my teammates for a TP because I don't know where the hell I am anymore...

• Like 1

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

• Typically #2, even though I'm right-handed.
  • Some of my characters try to use the same elevator as others.  Very efficient.
  • Some of my toons want a little air and click on whichever elevator isn't occupied.
  • ALL toons attempt to use the same elevator as any masterminds I'm on the team with, because it's funny to go full Clown-Car.
  • Like 1

Whichever one my Kin-addled toon has caromed closest to when I realize "oh hey, I'm near an elevator, I should probably go up."

• Like 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

Slightly off topic, but did you guys realise that they are actually fake elevators. I mean they don't go up or down. The "next" floor is beside the map your on. I know this because clue "hums" can often be heard from the next floor, markers seem to suggest so, and once or twice I accidentally hit R instead of an attack number button, and I end up in a wall, blacked out map and able to see the "mobs" hiding in the next room. 😃

On 7/26/2019 at 7:54 PM, GM Fiddleback said:

Okay Hotshot, 

You've infiltrated the office and taken down some bad guys. But let's get to the real challenge. Which elevator do you use? Which is the 'correct' one? And why?

3, because clearly I will be in a 3 v 3 event at some point and that will lead to my ultimate judgement.

• Like 1

• Retired Game Master

Frankly I'm a little disappointed no one has commented on the really neat optical illusion I made with those numbers....

Spoiler

They're all in a straight horizontal line.

"No, really. He's a GM. Don't ask me."

--The Entire Server, probably.

10 minutes ago, GM Fiddleback said:

Frankly I'm a little disappointed no one has commented on the really neat optical illusion I made with those numbers....

Reveal hidden contents

They're all in a straight horizontal line.

After the whole "Is this dress black and blue or white and gold?" picture fiasco, do you think people are going to ask about straight vs. curved?

ETA: With regards to the door I choose, I vacillate between 3 and 4. I seem to take one regularly for a while and then I'm suddenly always choosing the other and that will go on for a bit before I switch back.

Edited by Shazzie
  • Like 1

I always chose 2.

For some unknown reason I always default to the left when exploring. And taking the back elevator keeps me out of the way of pets, teammates, and mob aggro radius. Usually.

• Like 1

Midnight Thorn, Overlord of Ivory Tower.  (Everlasting)

Completely random.

I just pick one.

Of course last night on our 8 person thug mastermind team, I was taking which ever door didn't have a horde of thugs in front of it.

128 pets is getting a little ridiculous.

Edited by Sothoth

Excelsior - Grey Scale 50+ Emp/Dark Def - Thermal Meltdown 50+ Rad/Fire Brute - Old Growth 50+ Plant Troll - Enrico Fermi 50+ Rad Blaster