How much to get power leveled?

Gravitus

Back on live I used to pay someone per run to power level my alts. This was due to me not having a second gaming computer to power level my alts myself or having friends dedicated enough to the game, so my only recourse was paying someone x amount of influence per run.

Is this still a thing? Do people charge for AE farm runs ? Do it for free? What’s the norm on this?

Thanks.

I'm going to guess that this may be a hot topic, but maybe not.  Some non-dual boxing thoughts:

I don't have direct experience, but in various channels, I've seen people asking for a few million a run.  I've also seen people asking for runs and people offering runs, so I'd guess that it's something you can ask about, either on channel or in the AE building.  I think people genuinely want to help, but at the same time, some people take umbrage at people "begging" for PLs in channel.  Honestly, the best way might be to join a SG and then find a sympathetic person who will let you tag along.

Some quick leveling alternatives, depending on how high you are looking to go and how quickly.  I apologize if these are obvious:

- Buy XP boosters from the P2W vendor.

- Set your missions at -1/x3 starting at level 1, and adjust upwards based on your comfort.  You will level quickly, and can easily level more than once in a mission early on.  Put all your powers in AoE and respec out later if you want.

- Death From Below.  Super popular trial for levels 1-15, and if one isn't being advertised in the LFG channel, you can probably start one within ten minutes.  I ran my first one earlier this week (it was my 39th alt, so I finally moved to faster methods.  I'm changing up all kinds of things!).

• Like 1

Who run Bartertown?

1 hour ago, MunkiLord said:

Just launch the game a second time and you can have it running twice. You'll have to log in to different accounts though. You can't log into the same account twice.

Wow I did t know you could multi box on a single pc..... this changes everything  lol 

I feel like such a Noob 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Gravitus said:

Wow I did t know you could multi box on a single pc..... this changes everything  lol 

I feel like such a Noob 

To be fair back when the game was live only really dedicated farmers and PLers actually multiboxed (especially when you had to pay for a second subscription) and with the hardware available back then (pre-64 bit systems) it could be a bit intensive on the old computer so its understandable why you didn't do it or know you could multibox on the same PC.

As for the going cost. I've seen people charge 1 million inf per run (this was on the freakshow world mission map so the person doing the PLing was in for the long haul), I've had people give me PLing for free or just joining the many 50+4 Radio mission groups in PI. I've also done it myself, offering it for free, usually a single mission on a first come, first served basis. So there are many, many variants.

In the AE there are a some missions that spawn a single boss per spawn point. They are level locked at 1 or 2 and usually have a buffing NPC. Bads in the City is one, and Tunnel Witches is another. IMO, these methods are the fastest way to solo PL prior to having decent attack chains/defenses. Getting to 20 is not at all difficult, just tedious and repetitive (but it beats the hell out of door sitting!).

I've paid 2 million per run for PL's and I've been paid with dropped PVP recipes and up to 5 million for a run. I don't charge for PL but I do answer LFG "Tipping for PL" chat.  

Freedom toons:

Illuminata

Phoebros

Mim

Ogrebane

I've never been paid to PL but if I did decide to offer it it'd probably be somewhere in the 200 mil neighborhood for 1-50.

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

FYI:

Multiboxing Policy

We allow a basic level of multiboxing on the Homecoming servers outside of peak times. These rules apply on a shard-by-shard basis (by ‘shard’ we mean Torchbearer, Excelsior, etc).

• If there are less than 1500 people logged in to a shard you may play with up to three accounts at once.
  • If there are more than 1500 people logged into a shard you may only play with a single account.
  • If you are caught multiboxing when there are between 1500 and 1600 players logged in, you will be warned and expected to log off immediately. If you ignore requests to do so your accounts will receive a 24h ban.
  • If you are caught multiboxing repeatedly with more than 1600 players logged in, all of your accounts will receive immediate permanent bans.

It is your responsibility to monitor server status and current player count if you wish to multibox. You can do this both on our website and in the #live-shards channel on our Discord.

Please note that this policy does not apply to groups of players simply playing from the same home/network. It only applies to individuals playing multiple accounts on their own.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

6 hours ago, boggo2300 said:

Why the hell would anyone charge inf to pl.aomeone?

Well, you do lose out on some influence and half the drops if you bring a second player to tag along in your farm.

Torchbearer:

Sunsinger - Fire/Time Corruptor

Cursebreaker - TW/Elec Brute

Coldheart - Ill/Cold Controller

Mythoclast - Rad/SD Scrapper

Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.

This is purely anecdotal, but it seems that people don't charge for farms nearly as often as they did back on Live.  Of all the times I didn't feel like PL'ing myself, it was rare I had to actually pay for the runs.  Maybe it's because inf is so easy to make now and the builds are comparatively cheap to make, too.  Personally, I've never charged for farms, but I don't judge anyone that does.  My approach is I'm doing runs anyways, I'll be bring someone along.

14 hours ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

Some quick leveling alternatives, depending on how high you are looking to go and how quickly.  I apologize if these are obvious:

- Buy XP boosters from the P2W vendor.

- Set your missions at -1/x3 starting at level 1, and adjust upwards based on your comfort.  You will level quickly, and can easily level more than once in a mission early on.  Put all your powers in AoE and respec out later if you want.

- Death From Below.  Super popular trial for levels 1-15, and if one isn't being advertised in the LFG channel, you can probably start one within ten minutes.  I ran my first one earlier this week (it was my 39th alt, so I finally moved to faster methods.  I'm changing up all kinds of things!).

Don't forget the "Bads In (variable)" single-player XP farm missions in AE.  You can quickly level an alt from 1 to 22+ with just a few runs of those*.  That's what I've been doing recently with most of my new alts I want to try out.  I run them up to 22 or 27 so that I can equip level 25 or 30 Invention IOs (equivalent to -1 or +1 SOs, respectively). 

I run "Bads In Space" first, to get the alt up to level 6+, train all the attack powers so I have a full rotation for level 1 (exemplared down with powers to level 6).  Then I run "Bads In The City" to get them up to 22 or 27.  Then I respec with a proper build and equip IOs.  Easy-peasy, takes about an hour or so.

(* edit: This assumes double-XP booster is active the whole time)

Edited by Rathulfr
  • Like 2

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

36 minutes ago, Rathulfr said:

Don't forget the "Bads In (variable)" single-player XP farm missions in AE.  You can quickly level an alt from 1 to 22+ with just a few runs of those*.  That's what I've been doing recently with most of my new alts I want to try out.  I run them up to 22 or 27 so that I can equip level 25 or 30 Invention IOs (equivalent to -1 or +1 SOs, respectively). 

I run "Bads In Space" first, to get the alt up to level 6+, train all the attack powers so I have a full rotation for level 1 (exemplared down with powers to level 6).  Then I run "Bads In The City" to get them up to 22 or 27.  Then I respec with a proper build and equip IOs.  Easy-peasy, takes about an hour or so.

Something people tend to forget with the Bads farms though, make sure to have bosses turned on, and elite bosses not AV's. It's not near as lucrative running them with LTs, as it is EBs.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, subbacultchas said:

Something people tend to forget with the Bads farms though, make sure to have bosses turned on, and elite bosses not AV's. It's not near as lucrative running them with LTs, as it is EBs.

Yeah I keep doing that when I first take a character in there...thankfully it's a moment of "Oh bugger..." quit the arc, pick the right options and go back in. very little time lost.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Rathulfr said:

Man I wish I had had this advice a week ago. I've been leveling a TW/Bio scrapper up through 22 and it's been brutal trying to find that sweet spot in the level/team size settings between "too easy" and "faceplant". Sounds like this AE mission might help me find that.

2 minutes ago, AboveTheChemist said:

Man I wish I had had this advice a week ago. I've been leveling a TW/Bio scrapper up through 22 and it's been brutal trying to find that sweet spot in the level/team size settings between "too easy" and "faceplant". Sounds like this AE mission might help me find that.

Bads is good to get you to 22 IMO. After that, you should be able to handle -1 or 0 x 8 in s/l farming missions. When you get to 32 it get aa lot easier.

Thank goodness theres always someone online to team with.  Not a fan of multi-boxing.  It seems like the practice of a player that cannot make friends.  lol  Dude, if ya want to solo in a party, Skyrim and Fallout are Bethesda games.  Look um up.  😛 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, macskull said:

I've never been paid to PL but if I did decide to offer it it'd probably be somewhere in the 200 mil neighborhood for 1-50.

What about all those times you made me pay with . . . services?  If I knew I could use inf, I'd still have some dignity left.

Also: Damn, that's expensive!

20 minutes ago, Spotlore said:

Thank goodness theres always someone online to team with.  Not a fan of multi-boxing.  It seems like the practice of a player that cannot make friends.  lol  Dude, if ya want to solo in a party, Skyrim and Fallout are Bethesda games.  Look um up.  😛 

Or, they could just solo and multi-box as much as they want, mind their own business while you mind yours.

Man there might be a decent point in here somewhere, but it does not come across well.

• Like 3