Post your best costume designs here!

ChanelNo2

21 minutes ago, Virtual Green said:

Sorry for the double post, but here's the aformentioned update on Spyfall :

spyfall2.PNG.3f04042e4161fa8bc8a8cf766fdc2830.PNG

The green looks good.

My issue (and I totally recognize it as my own!) is that glowing green feels overdone. Where's the love for other colours? 🙂

• Haha 1

@Cutter

So many alts, so little time...

12 minutes ago, Cutter said:

The green looks good.

My issue (and I totally recognize it as my own!) is that glowing green feels overdone. Where's the love for other colours? 🙂

Despite what my username might indicate, I've got nothing but love for other colors. 😋 But considering I already have a DP character using the red-glow version of the Cybertech shades (a baddie, nonetheless), I tried differentiate my spy from that guy in that regard!

16 hours ago, biostem said:

Combining the artificial with the natural, I present to you "Robotanical":

robotanical2.jpg

robotanical3.jpg

robotanical5.jpg

robotanical6.jpg

robotanical1.costume 7.31 kB · 0 downloads

Good name (and costume.. 😃 )

3 hours ago, Virtual Green said:

Spyfall (DP/Ninjitsu), former Longbow secret agent "burned" by the Malta Organization, now working as a freelance superspy to take down their paramiltary conspiracy!

spyfall.PNG.6cf600a601b0daefeaacb7a5b65aed88.PNG  spyfall1.PNG.0b7291d6796f058a08dfa4e1f6b01aa3.PNG

First time seeing DP with that chest piece - duh!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I like this guy's costume, but his backstory is what draws me to him.  Readers Digest version: His wife and son were killed and enslaved by a demon.  He kills the demon, taking his crown and ruling over his plane of hell. Turns it into an idyllic world for his wife and son to live in.  The demon lords on adjacent planes dont take kindly to his methods, and have declared war on him.  Now he must kill evil people and take their souls so that he can conscript them into service protecting his realm from invading demons, so that his family can continue to live peacefully. 

Very darkity dark dark anti-hero Spawn type shit lol.

HellCrownCol1.png

• Like 10

5 hours ago, Virtual Green said:

Final draft on Spyfall's main outfit! (and I promise I'm done with the guy afterwards!)

That is one of the hands down, best costumes I've ever seen. The color and patterns evoke the name the gun theme perfectly!

Edited by Erratic1
fixed typo
  • Like 1

Twice I have drawn inspiration from the design of Alan Moore's character, Promethea.

image.jpeg.1f3d47f8cf8fc7cca2c317f225883b6e.jpeg

The first time, at the launch of live, I took the colorations (hard to go wrong with white and gold) but did not (and could not at the time) replicate much in the way of Promethea's costume. Sadly I do not have an image of the character to share. With the launch of Homecoming my first character here was another visit the to well (she's back on page 11 of the thread).

Ju4Ty0q.jpg

Again proper colors and at least this time I got Hellenic sandals to work with.

While I do not have a new character in mind with which to gift the following, I have been drawn back to trying to get a more faithful homage to the original inspiration and have come up with the following:

Inspiria.thumb.jpg.2a9885f7c44d4aefa51bda099a4efc61.jpg

My mind shudders at the thought of combining Valkyrie (Norse), Roman, and Imperial (Chinese) elements, but I think it works. No, I did not use the Hellenic sandals this time...partly because having wings on both head and heels is something only Hermes/Mercury should attempt and adding a fourth culture to the mix would have pushed me mentally over the edge.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Erratic1 said:

That is one of the hands down, best costumes I've ever seen. The color and patterns evoke the name the gun theme perfectly!

That is high praise, thank you so much! 🙌

Love your Promethea look-alike, great job on rendering the costume IG.

I made this costume for my ElecMelee/DA brute, Nebula Storm, for Christopher Robin's costume contest theme for this week, and liked it so much I wanted to share it here as well!

screenshot_210314-23-38-25.jpg?width=192
screenshot_210314-22-48-31.jpg?width=192

• Like 9

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

I liked the way this shot of Darkray turned out:

darkrayshot.jpg.939f858b8856a5c84f33a21cf8f67726.jpg

And this shot of Deepfire's current costume turned out nice. (She's not really pink, it's that Atlas Park lighting.)

deepfireshot.jpg.4ac4621950925c686667b8ed15414fd6.jpg

Edited by RikOz
Converted PNG to JPG
  • Like 5

On 3/13/2021 at 8:21 AM, Marshal_General said:

I am still on a Malaise kick so here is another one.

0QMYAzA.png

I know a non Granite armor character isn't very optimal, but I can't seem to stay away from designing one.

uqsQzLK.jpg

I really need to start exploring the bottom half of the color palette one of these days. I think my comic book roots being in the old "four-color process" days has prejudiced me toward preferring bold primary and secondary colors. I'm a traditionalist, I guess, but it wouldn't hurt me to start exploring some different shades.

Gearshift,  The robotic mascot for a Formula One racing team was created in an attempt to improve his pit crew's performance. A laboratory accident killed the teams driver but transferred his intellect and personality into the robotic body. Obviously inspired by Robotman.

Gearshift.png

• Like 28

pg6qD0.png

Allow me to introduce Heavy Machinery, the crimefighting construction equipment! I don't know if a non-granite Stone/Titan tank is going to be any good in the long run, but it's been fun so far. Maybe I'll just need to put some work into a good build. Right? Right? A good build? Get it? Of course you do, you're a smart kid and it's hilarious.

hm.png

hm2.png

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1

Formerly of Virtue, now on Excelsior:

Ace of Spades Adamant Eve | Arch-Rival The BeBlackbelt Citizen Arcane Core | Ctrl Alt Defeat | Daddy Longlegs Diamant

Drop Dead Gorgeous Cyber-Security Freak Accident Galactrix Great White Shark Heavy Machinery Highway Star The Howl Inter-GalacticaIon Maiden

Knockout Artist Krakatoa Night's Templar The Pact Paroled McDonald Virtual Boy Volcaniac White Widow Yucatan

And my most recent 50, Doctor Roswell (Psychic Blast/Atomic Manipulation blaster, 16 August 2024)

50 minutes ago, Marshal_General said:

Looking for something that would go great with this mace character.

m1rNcq6.png

This is gorgeous! And I may be stealing parts of it in the future, lol. I love how you worked the Baron coat.

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

it's ya girl @katzen again with her girls

Tenuto, the Talons of Vengeance siren.

spacer.png

Shilo, known as the 'Rock-opera' in the Isles.
spacer.png

Notorious space pirate, Captain Harlocke!
spacer.png

• Like 10

@Katzen

On Everlasting

Also on CO under @littlemissmarsh

spacer.png spacer.png