Post your best costume designs here!

ChanelNo2

12 hours ago, Marshal_General said:

I am not sure about the gold in the boots. Here is without it.

n25ObrE.png

If it were me, I'd go with this version. There's a lot going on up top, the solid black bottom balances and grounds it. IMO & all that, naturally 🙂

• Like 1

@Cutter

So many alts, so little time...

The game hates me. Someone thought it was a good idea to disallow the Electricity Aura choice for Eyes if you use Think Tank for the head.

WHY!!?!!?!!?

Edit: OMG!!! I got it!!!!!

Behold what could have been now is!!! Its alive!!!!!!

BottledLightning.thumb.jpg.8c3c921454946ff58d9df451aaa406c0.jpg

Edited by Erratic1
  • Like 8

4 hours ago, Erratic1 said:

Edit: OMG!!! I got it!!!!!

Yeah, it's possible, but you have to trick the costume editor.

In case anyone is wondering, you have to start with a regular head-head, pick the head/eyes/hair/whatever aura you want to use, then change the head to the Think Tank -- certain head options lock you out from choosing certain "incompatible" aura options, but if those aura options are already selected, changing the head doesn't de-select them. (The trick works with headless/floating heads, too!)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Formerly of Virtue, now on Excelsior:

Ace of Spades Adamant Eve | Arch-Rival The BeBlackbelt Citizen Arcane Core | Ctrl Alt Defeat | Daddy Longlegs Diamant Freak Accident Galactrix Great White Shark

Heavy Machinery Highway Star The Howl Inter-GalacticaIon Maiden Knockout Artist Krakatoa Night's Templar The Pact Paroled McDonald Virtual Boy Volcaniac White Widow Yucatan

And my most recent 50, Cyber-Security (Shield Defense/Street Justice tanker, 16 March 2024)

Christopher Robin has a contest going where he picks a theme and colors and you make a hero using that stuff.

It was shock value and my dad helped me come up with a costume and OMG WE WON!

This is my guy Shock A Zulu!

360203891_shockbetter.thumb.jpg.14ac75cc6d8d427d69b83725bbe97eae.jpg

and this is the prize drawing CR made!

Shock off!

dCwI86vv_o.png

Shock on!

Vdjl048f_o.png

💛💗💖💕

• Like 13
  • Thumbs Up 1

Pretty in love with my Warshade, Elfvira's, new outfit I made her. Since her first costume slot is her Elvira look-a-like slot, I wanted to do something that maybe has a similar feel, but is a little more unique. Got a compliment on it almost right after finishing it, so that was nice!

screenshot_210326-21-09-11.jpg?width=192
screenshot_210326-21-09-04.jpg?width=192

• Like 7
  • Thumbs Up 1

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

On 5/13/2019 at 12:22 PM, SirCowdog said:

Ok guys, so I went a little nuts with the character creator. This is totally not what I set out to create, but the pieces of the outfit just started to fall in place, so I had to run with it.  I REALLY need a good name for this hero/villain. Help me out?

qJrO4U9.png

It's got to be ... 

maxresdefault.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

He's even got his own theme tune... 

• Like 4

..It only takes one Beanbag fan saying that they JRANGER it for the devs to revert it.

Another theme character who I am thoroughly tickled by and love the outcome. This is The Twisted Cobbler. Her bio is a WIP, but I like to hash the ideas I get out real quick so I don't forget them. Can't wait to actually play this girl!

TCBio.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bou
screenshot_210327-21-55-38.jpg?width=192
screenshot_210327-21-55-27.jpg?width=192
screenshot_210327-21-55-20.jpg?width=192

• Like 3

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

8 hours ago, Mystic Fortune said:

New costume for my namesake. It's a bit on the nose, but really wanted to lean into the homage factor.

...Plus I saw some fan art of Pierce Brosnan as Doctor Fate that truly inspired me... this was the result.

MysticFortune2021.PNG.1a4dd5c33d83cd82346186e67282951e.PNGMysticFortune2021a.thumb.PNG.836bbb3f28795581383564e803d8267b.PNG

I love that faceplate but have never been able to make it work in any way I've ever liked, not once.  Every time I see it used elsewhere I think "I really should try that again," but then I do and...  I dunno, it might such a distinctive piece (like brain inna jar) that it doesn't actually have a lot of uses, at least to me (I still haven't gotten brain inna jar to work either).

• Like 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

23 hours ago, Mystic Fortune said:

New costume for my namesake. It's a bit on the nose, but really wanted to lean into the homage factor.

...Plus I saw some fan art of Pierce Brosnan as Doctor Fate that truly inspired me... this was the result.

MysticFortune2021.PNG.1a4dd5c33d83cd82346186e67282951e.PNGMysticFortune2021a.thumb.PNG.836bbb3f28795581383564e803d8267b.PNG

My best effort in  2005...

Fate.jpg

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Vulpoid said:

My best effort in  2005...

Fate.jpg

This is one of those perfect moments to show how much the character creator and the costume options have expanded.

In 2005 - that WAS the best that anyone could do as an homage to Dr. Fate. And you did quite well back then!

But Mystic Fortune above shows what can be done NOW. 

City of Heroes costume/character creator literally changed the way people saw MMO potential back at release and continued to raise the bar until Sunset. The only one that matches it for options and creativity is Champions Online. But you have to BUY with real money SO many unlocks on that game to GET to all the options - and play a substandard game anyway - why would you do that when you can get THIS for FREE? AND the best Superhero game of all time? 

MICROPHONE RELEASED TO GRAVITY'S SWEET EMBRACE. 

BOOM!! 

• Like 8

On 3/30/2021 at 3:27 AM, Jawbreaker said:

Grav/Time controller

The Interdimensional

Interdimensional.PNG

I used those colours for my cyberpunk character after watching that Muse movie ...  The movie is pretty trashy, but quite inspiring for character design.

If you're going for that look, I'd put a little of the cyan from the logo on the character - maybe the illuminated strip on the jacket/pants? 

Also, don't be scared to upgrade that purple to bright pink when doing cyberpunks! 

Let's go crazy!
uF01n3w.jpg

Don't forget your '80s power shoulders.

Edited by Herotu
  • Like 3

..It only takes one Beanbag fan saying that they JRANGER it for the devs to revert it.