Patch Notes for October 1st, 2019

Bad Form on the  New TFs... Tried to start ltonight .. No Min level member reqs posted. cannot find in contact search as posted tried to start with 8 man team unable to do so all vigilantes. need a little more info is their a pre req mission to unlock ?  wasted a lot of people time  and never got it started 😞

Edited by GM Capocollo

Rage

Omega Factor...

1 hour ago, Rage said:

Bad Form on the  New TFs... Tried to start ltonight .. No Min level member reqs posted. cannot find in contact search as posted tried to start with 8 man team unable to do so all vigilantes. need a little more info is their a pre req mission to unlock ?  wasted a lot of people time  and never got it started 😞

No offense, but was there a reason you quoted the entire message to add a two line reply?

• Like 2

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

4 hours ago, Rage said:

They're not TF's but story arcs. And the level range is clearly posted in the OP you helpfully quoted all of.

Edited by Lunchmoney

I used to play under the handle @Purple Clown, back on Live. Now I play under @Lunchmoney

I'm in the UK and play on Reunion.

8 hours ago, Rage said:

They're 25-29, so if you were trying to find them with 50s, that doesn't surprise me.  They'll be in the Ouro crystals, though.

On 10/3/2019 at 2:56 AM, Doc_Scorpion said:

No offense, but was there a reason you quoted the entire message to add a two line reply?

yes it was late and i was tired lol. And someone on my team told me it was a tf... didnt read it again because late and tired  I went back and looked at it in the am and realized it was mish arc. SMH anyhow.. I love all of the changes. keep doing what your doing guys its awesome. 

Edited by Rage
  • Like 1

Rage

Omega Factor...

So after even more further review I've just come to realize that the Force of Will pool may change how I play 80% of my toons...especially when it comes to high risk high rewards builds like for example Poison and Storm.  In the very recent past I would try to rely on my controls, soft control from blast sets, combat jump, tough and weave for survival since Poison and Storm tend to out threat/aggro most Tankers on teams....but when you take Unrelenting + Unleash Potential with high enough recharge in your build it fills the void of that much needed protection that the previous method did in another way.  Taking this route has it's risks too because you'll be subjected to getting mezzed unlike the old tough and weave way which you were able to slot with +Mezz resistance procs.

I am again impressed and I love how well Force of Will just naturally fits in the game and with SO many styles of play.  I cannot wait for the other pools in the future and I can't wait to donate even more money to the Homecoming team.  Now excuse me I need to redo all of my builds in MIDS 😅.

• Like 4

On 10/2/2019 at 9:56 AM, Soulkreaver said:

Let me get on the editor and make sure I did everything correct on my end to double check. But I've noticed on pretty much any fire farm in AE it seems like I'm getting less

You do get less when grouped, less inf and less xp. Its like a 50% penalty per person joining you too. I don't remember it being this way before and just assumed its a homecoming change.

On 10/1/2019 at 7:20 PM, LQT said:

Anyone else had their characters rearranged since the update? Minor quibble, but it did undone some previous organising based upon regular use and importance of alts.

Judging from my playerslot.txt, they renamed "Reunion (EU)" to just "Reunion", and that caused the order to reset.

• Thanks 1

On 10/1/2019 at 8:59 AM, The Curator said:

Weaken Resolve: You overwhelm your foe with sheer strength of will, reducing their defense damage resistance, and chance to hit! Recharge: Long

Is it a bug, or intended, that this power takes Accuracy enhancements, and debuffs both ToHit and Defense... but doesn't take both Accurate ToHit Debuff and Accurate Defense Debuff sets? It only takes one of the two Accurate groups, I forget which. It does take both To Hit Debuff and Defense Debuff (the non-accuracy versions), so both debuffs are enhanceable.

22 minutes ago, momentarygrace said:

I love the Halloween window decorations and the spooky green window lighting!  If this was on live, I don't remember it so it must be new?

I noticed the window decorations last night and I don't remember them on live either.. thought they were awesome!

• Like 2

I loved the Vigilante Arc, Felt like Justice was served.

• Victory: reserved for future use
  • Indom: Schtick, Pummel Pete, Plymouth, Pilkington
  • Reunion: Ghost Legacy, 7s7e7v7e7n7, Mind Funk, Bluto
  • Excelsior: Phrendon Largo, Fred Bumbler, John van der Waals,Allamedia Jones, Tzapt, Sn1pe
  • Torchbearer: Phrendon Largo, Kenny Letter,  Bewm, La Merle, Enflambe', Rock Largo, Bulk of the Weather, Retired Phrendon
  • Everlasting: Phrendon Largo, Krown, Buzz Words, Bicycle Repairman, Dee Fender, Carmela Soprano, Radmental Boy, Beet Salad, Sporanghi,Sue Ahn Cuddy, Fukushima Technician, Snow Globe Girl, Thug Therapist, Apple Brown Betty

On 10/4/2019 at 4:50 AM, Murcielago said:

I noticed I was only getting 1XP per kill yesterday from some of the ToT spawns. 

I've no idea if it's true, but someone I was ToTing with said it depended on what your difficulty level was set at.  They said it should be at +4/+8 or something.  I changed it the couple of times I ToTed and didn't see so much of that, but, well, it's a pretty chaotic scene, so who knows?

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

I was looking forward to the Force of Will  power pool and wondered how it would compare to Sorcery. I have used most of the  powers from Sorcery on a number of toons and find the powers fit over all. 

• Spirit Ward - I haven't used this yet but plan to take it on toons with pets.
  • Mystic Flight is a good travel power and the teleport is useful in some situations.
  • Arcane Bolt's animation is a bit long but I have been able to work it into my attack chain quite well.
  • Enflame adds a nice boost of DOT and helps my Dom defeat immobilized and held enemies faster.
  • Rune of Protection gives some good protection for characters without armor.

I tested all of the Force of Will powers on the test server and have a lowbie Blaster using the pool on live.

• Weaken Resolve - works fine.
  • Project Will - seems really slow. It would be nice if the animation was shortened - even at the expense of damage.
  • Mighty Leap - is fine as a pure Superjump clone but Takeoff feels out of place and clunky.
  • Wall of Force - I haven't tried this on my lowbie yet but on test it seemed okay.
  • Unleash Potential - its a nice power but it would be nice if it was available when the patch notes say it is.

On 10/1/2019 at 5:59 AM, The Curator said:

Unleash Potential: Unleashing your potential, you grant yourself a moderate boost to defense, regeneration rate, and recovery for a short time. Unleash Potential requires you to have two other powers in the Force of Will power pool. Recharge: Very Long

My character on live is level 14 and has two FOW powers but couldn't take Unleash Potential. On test I found it was offered at level 20. The patch notes and in game notes don't mention this requirement. It would be nice if they did.

Edited by gromartwo
  • Like 1

• City Council
3 hours ago, LiquidBandage said:

Are there any Patch notes for the update that happened on the 23rd? 

Antivirus isn't too happy, so I came here to see what changed and there are no change notes. 

It would quite literally be the “bug fixes and performance improvements” patch note that everybody hates on mobile apps.

The only change is a minor adjustment to particle physics to try to prevent the crash to desktop issues a number of people are experiencing. But since we don’t have any good method of reproducing the crash, it may not actually fix the issue.

So... no visible changes = no patch notes.