COMPLETE SET PROLIFERATIONS

Lazarus

17 hours ago, GM Widower said:

ALL POSTS IN THIS THREAD MUST BE POSTED IN ALL-CAPS. THANK YOU FOR COMPLYING.

I'm WiLlInG tO mEeT yOu HaLfWaY oN tHiS.  iS a CoMpRoMiSe AcCePtAbLe?

• Like 1

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

23 hours ago, Sir Myshkin said:

THIS INSTANTLY MADE ME THINK OF ENGINEERS IN GUILD WARS 2, THEY HAVE A VARIANT BUILD THAT FOCUSES ON GRENADES AND GRENADE MULTIPLICATION TO ENHANCE AOE ABILITY AND JUST DO STUPID AMOUNTS OF DAMAGE WITH BOMBS, TRAPS, AND THROWABLES.

SIGN ME UP FOR TWO PLEASE.*

*COMPLIANCE

I THINK THOSE GUYS WORK FOR MALTA NOW RIGHT?

HOW I HATE THEM!

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

On 10/29/2019 at 4:45 PM, Lazarus said:

IT WAY PAST TIME TO HAVE COMPLETE SET FROLIFERATIONS FOR ALL MELEE DEFENSIVE SETS.,.

TANKS NEED: ENERGY AURA,..REGENERATION

BRUTES AND SCRAPPERS NEED: ICE ARMOR AND ICE MELEE. IF THEY DONT ALREADY HAVE IT. CANT REMEMBER

STALKERS I ADMIT NEED MORE CONSIDERATION

LOUDER!!!!

Pleased to meet you!  I am Animal, and I harbor Perverse Sexual Lust.

14 hours ago, DarknessEternal said:

Regen on tanks would be a trap, not good.

<shout>IIRC, the main problem with Regen tanks was Alpha survivability.  With minimal def/res, they couldn't be given enough regen to survive the first big burst of damage, without giving them enough regen to trivialize everything else</shout>

4 hours ago, MetaVileTerror said:

But now that Absorb is a thing, we have our answer to Tanker Regen.  <Picard> Make it so! </Picard>

DO YOU WANT GM WIDOWER TO HAVE TO COME BACK THERE?!  WELL DO YOU?!  YOU CAN'T DO A PICARD VOICE AND THEN TELL ME YOU CAN'T YELL TOO.

I TOO HAVE WANTED A TITAN WEAPONS STALKER JUST BECAUSE IT IS SILLY, BUT THIS IS BASED ON COMIC BOOK FOR CRYING OUT LOUD.

• Sad 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

Good gravy, it has been years since I "played" Progress Quest.
I had a level 80+ Voodoo Princess and 70+ Slow Poisoner back in the day.

. . . ahgem, huh?  What?  OH!  Right.  Proliferations.  Right.  Let's see . . . 

Thematic Proliferation!
I feel that Science, Mutant, Magic, and Technology Origins make it quite easy to justify just about any Power Set.  In my own personal opinion and play experience, which I _know_ isn't shared universally . . . for clearly Natural, street-level Power Sets, we've got:
Melee - Battle Axe, Claws, Dual Blades, Martial Arts, Katana/Ninja Blade, Broad Sword, Street Justice, and Staff Fighting.  Also, arguably - Dark Melee, Psionic Melee, and Titan Weapon.

Survival - Willpower, Shield Defense, and Super Reflexes.  Arguably - Invulnerability, Energy Aura, and Regeneration.

Ranged - Archery, Assault Rifle, and Dual Pistols.  Arguably - Beam Rifle, Psychic Blast, Sonic Blast, and Water Blast ["That's a LOT of water balloons you're carrying there."].

Manipulation - Devices, Tactical Arrow, and Martial Combat.  Arguably - Mental Manipulation, Energy Manipulation, and Darkness Manipulation.

Henchpet - Soldiers, Thugs, and Beasts.  Arguably - Ninjas (starts out strong for Natural, and then suddenly FIRE DEMON!).

Support - Traps, Empathy/Pain Domination, Poison, and Trick Arrow.  Arguably - Kinetics and Sonic Resonance.

Assault - Martial Assault (spoiled, in my opinion, as the first Power in the set is just so thematically UGHly).  Arguably - Psionic Assault.

Control - . . . arguably - Mind Control.

So, yeah.  I wanna see some of those many, MANY Melee Sets' themes being proliferated down the line to Assault and (especially) Control.  Especially since Control is my favourite playstyle!  Give me a low-tech Control Set, like Traps or everyday items.  Hell, I can't believe I'm advocating this . . . but look to Home Alone for some ideas for post-apocalyptic area denial and Control Powers.  Or maybe a Control Set which is low Endurance-cost, long Animation Times, lllllooowww Damage, strong-and-long Control effects, and is thematically Social Control:  Speaking to your targets and convincing them to surrender.  Graciousness, I'd eat that up!  I'd reroll a few characters, even.

I get it that other people play this game to be "SUPRAHEROES! WHIZ BANG POW!"  I will not try to take that away from them.  But I personally derive pleasure from a roleplay experience which tells the story of an everyday citizen who rises to the challenge and contends with those heroes and villains, despite not being "super."  I know the philosophies which have been argued all around the circle regarding this sort of thing, back on Live and here on Homecoming.  Just saying, though, that from my perspective there is a disproportionately low number of options for good ol' street level characters outside of Melee Archetypes.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, boggo2300 said:

MEH!  HALF MEASURES STILL!  LET'S DO AWAY WITH POWERS!!!!

If I pop a red skittle every enemy around me should die.  If I pop a yellow skittle they should die gracefully, like a perfectly executed ballet.  Etcetera etcetera and so on and so forth.

2 hours ago, MetaVileTerror said:

I get it that other people play this game to be "SUPRAHEROES! WHIZ BANG POW!" 

I 98% play this game as a superhero combat simulator.  If I could just log in with a team and be in a series of endless fights I would never do anything else in game. 

It's like eating at an indian restaurant.  I used to eat curry and other things.  But since I discovered chicken tika masala, I just like it more than everything else and will always pick that.  It is not that the other things are not good, it is that chicken tika masala is better.

1 hour ago, EmmySky said:

If I pop a red skittle every enemy around me should die.  If I pop a yellow skittle they should die gracefully, like a perfectly executed ballet.  Etcetera etcetera and so on and so forth.

PURPLE SKITTLE IS BUFF.

JUST BUFF.

BUFFS IT ALL.

• Like 1