COMPLETE SET PROLIFERATIONS

Lazarus

IT WAY PAST TIME TO HAVE COMPLETE SET FROLIFERATIONS FOR ALL MELEE DEFENSIVE SETS.,.

TANKS NEED: ENERGY AURA,..REGENERATION

BRUTES AND SCRAPPERS NEED: ICE ARMOR AND ICE MELEE. IF THEY DONT ALREADY HAVE IT. CANT REMEMBER

STALKERS I ADMIT NEED MORE CONSIDERATION

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

All caps. Interesting choice.

More set proliferation between all ATs would be welcomed, but it is my understanding that the devs are working on many different things at once, including some tanker buffs atm. I'm sure full proliferation will happen eventually.

Edited by Darkir
  • Like 3

IIRC most of the stuff that hasn't been proliferated yet is due to balance concerns (for example, Powerhouse has said fairly recently that Tankers won't get Energy Aura in its current form because it would be too good). I don't know how much stock I hold in that idea though, since some of the existing proliferation is ridiculous already (hello, Kin and Rad for MMs and Poison for Defenders).

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

1 hour ago, macskull said:

IIRC most of the stuff that hasn't been proliferated yet is due to balance concerns (for example, Powerhouse has said fairly recently that Tankers won't get Energy Aura in its current form because it would be too good).

As I recall, the same concern was expressed by the original devs about regen and tanks.  With set bonuses, I got my invuln tank to around +340% regen and it was pretty powerful.

• Like 1

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

1 hour ago, macskull said:

IIRC most of the stuff that hasn't been proliferated yet is due to balance concerns (for example, Powerhouse has said fairly recently that Tankers won't get Energy Aura in its current form because it would be too good). I don't know how much stock I hold in that idea though, since some of the existing proliferation is ridiculous already (hello, Kin and Rad for MMs and Poison for Defenders).

Did they specify what it was about Eng/ that would be too powerful on a Tanker?

3 hours ago, macskull said:

For those of you that missed it.

Playing CoX is it’s own reward

Ice is now on Scrappers and Brutes, though, so there's that bit of good news.  And, yes, Energy Aura was originally created in CoV Beta since the Devs were uncertain about the value which Ice held for Fury Generation on Brutes back then.  I'm not sure if it was proliferated back on Live, or if SCoRE did it, but someone figured out that "actually, the -Recharge to Enemies from Ice doesn't impact Fury all that badly."

Really, it's Stone Melee and Super Strength for Scrappers, and Energy Aura and Regeneration for Tankers that are missing.  Maybe I'm forgetting something else somewhere, but I'm fairly sure those four are the completed sets that are left to proliferate for meleeists.  Some changes required, apparently, to tone down perceived balance concerns with overperformance (which . . . ship has sailed at this point, no?  I can't imagine any of those Sets being stronger than our current outliers like Titan Weapons and Bio-Armour or Radiation Armour).

But _I_ would like to see some proliferation in the form of old themes in to new sets for OTHER Archetypes.  Things like "Dagger Assault," "Munitions Assault," or "Whip Assault" for Dominators (or Manipulation variations for Blasters).  "Grenade Control" for Dominators and Controllers.  "Stone Toss" and "Poison Spray" for Defenders, Corruptors, and Blasters.  "Earth Protection" for Defenders, Corruptors, Masterminds, and Controllers.  All of these have existing powers already in the game which can be used as a basis for some parts of, or even the entirety of these proposed Sets.
Melee has received entirely too much attention at this point, as far as I'm concerned.  About the only thing I think left for them to get new is "Time and Space Defense" or "Toxic Melee" (and that last one is arguably already handled with Spines).

5 hours ago, MunkiLord said:

SUPER STRENGTH AND STONE MELEE FOR SCRAPPERS TOO!!!

DON'T FORGET ENERGY MELEE SCRAPPERS!

Edited by Rathulfr
  • Like 3

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

nope.

Mostly because of the all caps. If someone else posted this I'd agree.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

5 hours ago, Ironblade said:

As I recall, the same concern was expressed by the original devs about regen and tanks.  With set bonuses, I got my invuln tank to around +340% regen and it was pretty powerful.

The launch version of the game was very different than the post-invention-system game, and the game isn't balanced around IOs anyways.

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

6 hours ago, MetaVileTerror said:

"Grenade Control" for Dominators and Controllers.

THIS INSTANTLY MADE ME THINK OF ENGINEERS IN GUILD WARS 2, THEY HAVE A VARIANT BUILD THAT FOCUSES ON GRENADES AND GRENADE MULTIPLICATION TO ENHANCE AOE ABILITY AND JUST DO STUPID AMOUNTS OF DAMAGE WITH BOMBS, TRAPS, AND THROWABLES.

SIGN ME UP FOR TWO PLEASE.*

*COMPLIANCE

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1