Is this a concern?

SpicierMeatball

I don't see the problem with this? The latest price of 16,000,000 is fairly standard for a purple recipe. The ones before it that sold for 555 each just means that whoever was selling those were selling low (probably 1 inf each) and those happened to be the highest bids in the system at the time. 

Sure its totally possible that there where 1000+ bids at 554 or less, and then on the morning of a server reset, someone added a bid for 555 x 4 and got lucky because it just so happened that someone listed 4 recipes at 555 or less. Recipes that are extremely hard to come by, and well known to be worth 10m each. That is a thing that could have happened.

Don't know why anyone would ever sell any purple recipe, even one they can't use, when they can craft it (max possible cost 3m inf) and then run rarity conversions until it turns into something useful. 

• Like 1
QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

37 minutes ago, Caulderone said:

This is a display glitch.  There are a couple purples that have this issue.  And a few non-purples for that matter.

There was a semi-big thread about it in the bugs forum going over frequent IOs with this issue.

I would qualify as saying that this is *probably* a display glitch, although Jimmy's comment seems to confirm it.

There are definitely real items that have some screwy histories that are not bug related.  Lots and lots of very small bids.  Never post at a level you aren't willing to receive!

Who run Bartertown?

18 hours ago, Heraclea said:

Don't know why anyone would ever sell any purple recipe, even one they can't use, when they can craft it (max possible cost 3m inf) and then run rarity conversions until it turns into something useful. 

I sell all my purple drops for 25 inf each. The why of it? Because I sleep upon beds of inf earned from the slaughter of my enemies. My dreams are filled with the sounds of the lamentations of their women. They are driven before me and it is good.

Also, I'm lazy. I've already got bins full of enhancements and spending time crafting is time I'm not killin stuff.

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

I sell all my purple drops for 25 inf each. The why of it? Because I sleep upon beds of inf earned from the slaughter of my enemies. My dreams are filled with the sounds of the lamentations of their women. They are driven before me and it is good.

Also, I'm lazy. I've already got bins full of enhancements and spending time crafting is time I'm not killin stuff.

I do the same, for basically the same reason. Though I generally sell for 1 inf a piece, which I know can bite me because if it sells that low I'll actually lose inf due to the minimum cut the AH is taking... but with how easy it is to get inf in the late game that tiny loss doesn't matter to me. I know several others who have the same attitude, and just put everything on the AH for the same low amounts.

It's the main reason I figured the screenshot could happen naturally. There are some people who will put everything, even purple recipes, on the market for low low prices. These same types of people are also the types of people who won't craft and covert purples to a more desirable one. On the other hand, there are people who love to play the market, and KNOW that people like me exist. So I could imagine them putting low bids on the market (probably using alt characters) on the off change they might catch some of these undesirable purple recipes being sold like this. They could then craft, convert, and resell at a large profit.  So having a bunch of standing bids for low amts makes perfect sense (especially considering how many alt characters we can have now).

• Like 1

On 11/30/2019 at 9:44 AM, Bill Z Bubba said:

By quoting Conan the Barbarian, Billz has expressed my opinion on this better than I could.  So +1.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

While things like the picture above frequently are display glitches, I think that this is a different kind of glitch.  I don't want to publish my theory for fear that it will become the norm, but if Jimmy or some other power-that-be wants me to share my theory, I'd be happy to.

I was shopping for a high end enhancer 2 months back. I was trying to bring the bid in low rather than pay 10 million. I bid 6 mil 6.25 mil 6.5 mil etc. working up to 8 mil. No luck. Took a bio or something. Came back and moved on

needed a SO accuracy at low level. So I went to auction found it and bid.  I thought I did.  

my computer still had the 8 million bid remembered

that is right. Trying to save money I bought a level 18 accuracy enhancer for 8 Million

be concerned.  Some of us are really dumb

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Snarky said:

I was shopping for a high end enhancer 2 months back. I was trying to bring the bid in low rather than pay 10 million. I bid 6 mil 6.25 mil 6.5 mil etc. working up to 8 mil. No luck. Took a bio or something. Came back and moved on

needed a SO accuracy at low level. So I went to auction found it and bid.  I thought I did.  

that is right. Trying to save money I bought a level 18 accuracy enhancer for 8 Million

karma, man... karma

1 minute ago, Snarky said:

I feel your pain. I was trying to bid 10 million on something and put in 100 million by accident. Just one extra zero. No big deal........ Obviously I got the enhancement and someone else thought it was Christmas, but I went from having enough for a full set to screaming "NOOOOOOOOO" at my screen 🙂

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, gamingglen said:

karma, man... karma

1st) lets not bring religion into this

2nd) grrrrrrr

3rd) you should probably know. I’ m a biter.  Not particularly proud of it.  But it happens

Edited by Snarky
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, Queen Nefertiti said:

I feel your pain. I was trying to bid 10 million on something and put in 100 million by accident. Just one extra zero. No big deal........ Obviously I got the enhancement and someone else thought it was Christmas, but I went from having enough for a full set to screaming "NOOOOOOOOO" at my screen 🙂

Oh man that's gotta hurt.  I mean, on one hand, it's not .... that that hard to get the 100 million back...  even if you're not a farmer, a couple rounds of converter roulette (1/2 hour to buy, craft, and convert?) and a day or two patience on the AH will get a lot of it back... maybe all.  

But I would still be /headdesk

2 hours ago, MTeague said:

Oh man that's gotta hurt.  I mean, on one hand, it's not .... that that hard to get the 100 million back...  even if you're not a farmer, a couple rounds of converter roulette (1/2 hour to buy, craft, and convert?) and a day or two patience on the AH will get a lot of it back... maybe all.  

But I would still be /headdesk

Yeah it isn't the fact that inf is pretty easy to get, it's the fact I was so careless in my fat fingered clumsiness. I did pop onto my fire farmer to get the inf back but it's just a pain.

On 11/29/2019 at 2:52 PM, Heraclea said:

Never found Purples worth using, really. They do have better bonuses, sure, but it's too slight to be worth more than the 20mil each you can get for them.

• Confused 1

I think there might be some occasional wonkiness happening in the bid matching.  I had a bid up for a couple of days for a piece of attuned Basilisk's Gaze, and it didn't fill.  When I looked at it again, the IO had sold for significantly less than my bid while my bid was up, which should be impossible under the AH matching system.  Generally it all seems to be working pretty well (apart from slow price info) but I did notice that one instance of flakiness.

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

5 hours ago, Grouchybeast said:

I think there might be some occasional wonkiness happening in the bid matching.  I had a bid up for a couple of days for a piece of attuned Basilisk's Gaze, and it didn't fill.  When I looked at it again, the IO had sold for significantly less than my bid while my bid was up, which should be impossible under the AH matching system.  Generally it all seems to be working pretty well (apart from slow price info) but I did notice that one instance of flakiness.

I have noticed that a lot. When my girls hit 50 I usually upgrade them to some procs, uniques and the rest common 50 IOs until they can afford sets.  I often see my bid 25k over recent prices sit and sit, later when I recheck, other sales history is showing up with a couple below my bid and even below the previous sales prices.  

Inf is easy enough to come by so it doesnt really bother me but itd be nice if there were a rule by which it worked that I could understand, and maybe even use to my advantage like I see marketeers do.