"You've spent a total of 1343 hours on patrol."

VileTerror

As many of you may know, if you click on street-wandering NPCs, they spout little lines of dialogue (like "I like pie.").  Some, however, have specifically scripted statistic blurbs, based on the first letter of their names.

Click on a wandering NPC whose name starts with M and they'll let you know the total number of hours you've spent logged in on a given character.

I just did this, and found that I've spent 1343 hours on my main villain.  That's over 55 days of play time.

How's about you?

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

Back on Live CMA had somewhere around 5k hours online.  I haven't checked anyone here but I doubt any character's much over 200.

Guardian Survivor, occasional tanker and player of most AT's.

Guides: Invulnerability Tankers, The first 20 levels.  Invulnerability Tankers Soft Cap defense

Spoiler

On 1/22/2020 at 12:43 PM, Call Me Awesome said:

Back on Live CMA had somewhere around 5k hours online.

Back on live, I had many thousands of hours on Ironblade.  I ran overnight heal farms to get the badges for over a year-and-a-half.
It didn't take that long for any one person - I helped dozens of people get the badges and I then switched to another character who I cycled through other people's SG's to get the healing badges for small groups since they unlocked base items.

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

9 hours ago, Lockpick said:

What do you do now, since you have hit the magical 666?

I pulled him out for an ITF the other night but mostly just playing with all the alts now. Got 50 or so to deal with. Deleted a couple this morning, about to nuke a couple more, then I'll make new ones and keep playing the others.

• Confused 1

Too bad one doesn't show the time of all the characters.  I move around too much, but then, my highest character is only about 30, heh.

• Like 1

Are you a Wolf, a Sheep, or a Hound?

They called me crazy? They called me insane? THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right.

Don't trust that number. It can end up inflated.

I don't remember the mechanism behind it, but it can "run the clock" even with you logged off (unless that's been seen as a bug and fixed, I haven't heard of that.) I was in a set group of Shield tank/scrappers. We always played together. I maybe racked 1-2 hours not with the rest of the team selling things. On our 1-50 run, the other three were around 80-85 hours. Me? It showed over 300.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

No idea how many hours I had back in the day, but probably a huge number. On Homecoming most of my characters hit 50 with 20-25 hours played and I think my most played character is somewhere around 150 hours. This time around I don't farm or hunt badges besides those needed for some accolades which explains much of the difference.

Torchbearer:

Sunsinger - Fire/Time Corruptor

Cursebreaker - TW/Elec Brute

Coldheart - Ill/Cold Controller

Mythoclast - Rad/SD Scrapper

Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.

• 4 months later
On 1/22/2020 at 8:14 PM, Fan Mail said:

Yeah, I always look for Mike or Mxxxx whenever I ding 50.  The last couple have been in the 40-45 hours range.  Remember when it took 250 hours to get to 50 and that was somewhat 'respectable' or 'fast'? 

Can't check my HC level 50's atm, but my very first 50 on Live was about 750 hours though granted I was in no particular hurry.  In comparison my first level 50 Green Machine (Emp/Rad/Dark) took about 250 hours and that was definitely fast at the time.

On 1/24/2020 at 9:36 AM, Charistoph said:

Too bad one doesn't show the time of all the characters.  I move around too much, but then, my highest character is only about 30, heh.

If you are really curious (at least for future hours), you can add CoH manually as a game under the new GoG Galaxy client and it'll track total play hours for you (as long as you keep the launcher up).  Shows me at 995 hours and 17 mins right now and I figure about 1,000 from before I started using it.   

Not to be a salesperson, but nice little program on its own that you can use to link, keep track of, and launch any game from any gaming service all in one spot.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Riverdusk said:

If you are really curious (at least for future hours), you can add CoH manually as a game under the new GoG Galaxy client and it'll track total play hours for you (as long as you keep the launcher up).  Shows me at 995 hours and 17 mins right now and I figure about 1,000 from before I started using it.   

Not to be a salesperson, but nice little program on its own that you can use to link, keep track of, and launch any game from any gaming service all in one spot.

Sadly, it won't go over how much I've already spent before setting it up.

While I don't have the GoG app, I do have Steam, and Steam does track for its games, including the near 400 hours in Master of Orion (rerelease).  I wonder if Steam does it for other games.

Are you a Wolf, a Sheep, or a Hound?

They called me crazy? They called me insane? THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right.

16 hours ago, Charistoph said:

Sadly, it won't go over how much I've already spent before setting it up.

While I don't have the GoG app, I do have Steam, and Steam does track for its games, including the near 400 hours in Master of Orion (rerelease).  I wonder if Steam does it for other games.

Not in my experience.  I used Steam at first (added the CoH launcher as a non-Steam game), but Steam doesn't seem to track hours for non-Steam games that you add manually.

Did make it a bit easier to take screenshots though as the CoH screenshots I took using F12 went right into Steam.

One hour. ☺️

Same Defender back on Union back in the day: approximately 6500 hours (that equates to 271 days solid 24/7), but that's only because I did play her for 85% of my time for nigh on six years.

..... So, got some catching up to do then - (& maybe try some other archetypes - lol).

Edited by Mother's Love
  • Like 3

" Reporting for Duty Sweetheart!." - Dropping My Knitting To Buff You Whilst Hitting! - Proudly Protecting Paragons Little Ones Since 2005.

" Wow! - You're like a Hot Yoda!.... only taller! "  - Soul Stalker.
" I knew there was Evil under that All-American girl persona! " -
RockJaw.

" Hey! - Aren't you that roleplayer that says 'up you get' all the time? " - funny (unconscious) generic hero 01.

2 hours ago, Mother's Love said:

One hour. ☺️

Same Defender back on Union back in the day: approximately 6500 hours (that equates to 271 days solid 24/7), but that's only because I did play her for 85% of my time for nigh on six years.

..... So, got some catching up to do then - (& maybe try some other archetypes - lol).

Weeeeeeeeh my Hero from Union ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

Glad youre back.

• Thanks 1