Favorite in-game quotes

Troo

19 hours ago, RikOz said:

Some Tsoo in one of Darrin Wade's missions, redside:

Dragon Blue Ink Man: This is so beneath us.

Tiger Blue Ink Man: Seriously, we are the Hellions.

(Ooo, and there's a typo for me to report - the second line actually says "... were are the Hellions")

I think it's actually a different typo you need to report; it feels as if it makes more sense if the second line is "Seriously, where are the Hellions?"

3 hours ago, srmalloy said:

I think it's actually a different typo you need to report; it feels as if it makes more sense if the second line is "Seriously, where are the Hellions?"

I dunno, I read it as a bit of sarcasm. Like, I'm a career pro cook, but sometimes I end up washing the dishes because the dishwasher called in sick. "Sigh. I'm the dishwasher."

Anyway, just spotted this amusing bit, behind the dam in Faultline:

(Sky Raider) Captain (to a fellow Sky Raider): If you shoot your foot off, I'm not taking you to the hospital.

LOL, from a Circle of Thorns sorcerer, after rescuing him on behalf of Crimson & Indigo:

"Now it seems that it's all been brought down upon me. I must remand myself to your custody and prepare myself for any indignity I must now suffer to save my existence. Oh, to have fallen to such a sorry state due to the incompetence of others! I must use your vulgar modern vernacular to properly compound insult upon indignity and state: This blows."

• Haha 10

Not so much dialogue, but if you roll a Resistance Crusader, the first mission objective on the Nav for Ricochet is always funny.

Ask someone what exactly Ricochet said.

Also, I think whoever wrote some of the Rikti lines was having too much fun.

Profound realization: you complain.

Bomb defense: Priority > Negative. Bomb defense: job description

I feel: Targeted

Another one that makes me chuckle is a random Freak Tank in Bloody Bay.

I already told you.  When you're me, then you can use the walkie-talkie.

Also, how could I forget the Circle banter in the Halloween tip mission.

If we're going to be here a while, are you siding with the Loyalists or Resistance?

Give me that thorn blade.  You are too dumb to wield it.

Edited by ZorkNemesis
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

2 hours ago, ZorkNemesis said:

Also, I think whoever wrote some of the Rikti lines was having too much fun.

RWZ has too much fun with this (especially when the nicer Ritki get better translators to 'handle your adorably primitive causation structures')

My favorite being technically an unquote from the super taciturn Psi-Scout Lk'Onik.  He actually gets the colon structure on his pauses.

Random Rikti 1: Quiet

Traditionalist Psi-Scout Lk'Onik: ... : ...

Random Rikti 2: Status Correction: Too Quiet

Traditionalist Psi-Scout Lk'Onik: ...  : Heh

Runner up is Kelly Uqua in case you didn't get the hints earlier and haven't hit the Rikti before as you help cover up her infiltration: "Esteemed Thanks: Character" 

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

This conversation between two Nemesis soldiers in a Vigilante Tip mission in the 30s

Carabineir: So where do you think $player will go? Fifty bucks says he comes here.

Chasseur: You're on! $player will totally disarm those bombs.

*Attack*

Carabineir: Woo, looks like it's my lucky day... err... wait... no probably not.

Chasseur: Shoot. I'm out fifty bucks and we have to deal with $player. Talk about bad luck.

Edited by ZorkNemesis
  • Haha 2

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

On 2/17/2020 at 10:05 AM, tremor3258 said:

Nemesis has already been mentioned, so the runner-up has to be everything out of the Radio's ( or more accurately RADIOOOOO'S) mouth.  Er, speaker.  Er, villain's auditory hallucination. 

While Television has less ambiguity, Radio Free Opportunity easily plays as a concept, a pirate DJ, or the villain hearing voices telling them to blow up Wyvern bases, and Radio is, and has been, my absolute favorite under-20 contact for sheer charm ever since City of Villains launched.

Oh yes the Radio Radio RADIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Free opportunity

yeah coming at you live from the Rogue isles and beyond and now available on your phone! Were the station for all the dirt for the down and dirty

and heres a Voiced over section of our greatest hits

• Like 1

My Dear you deserve the services of a great wizard but youll have to settle for the aid of a second rate pick pocket

~Schmendrick

So you mean you'll put down your rock, and I'll put down my sword; and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?

The best Resistance-speak in the game has gotta come from the one Maria Jenkins' mission to go bust the Primal Scanner that they stole:

"Hey! Finders keepers, scamper! Now you're getting two pounds of slambang for sneakin'! That's right. TWO pounds. Went from zero to - boooom! - TWO!"

I don't know why but that always makes me laugh.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Lazarillo said:

The best Resistance-speak in the game has gotta come from

Ricochet ...

spacer.png

... the Better Twinshot from the mirror universe written far, far better ...

Resistance freedom fighter

From her broad smile and the splash of crazy in her eyes, to her dizzying speech pattern and signature pink PPD helmet, everything about Ricochet is memorable. She earned her name like most of the others do in the Crusaders: by how she got her first kill. In Ricochet's case, rumor has it, she let off a blind shot during her first engagement which ricocheted off of a PPD power field and ruptured a high pressure fuel tank. The resulting explosion took out the entire PPD squad, saving the lives of her comrades.

The other story is that the bullet ricocheted into her head.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

On 2/19/2020 at 7:06 PM, TheOtherTed said:

Dr. Stephen Fayte:  "I am merely a gifted surgeon, and nothing more."

This line, and this alone, is the main reason I do radio missions.

Wasn't there a scenario, where other NPCs were present and they all sort of acted as a Greek chorus parroting Fayte, calling him "a gifted surgeon, and nothing more"?

• Thumbs Up 1

[NPC] Blood Brother Brawler: You need it, I got it. Let's talk pricing.

and as they crumple to the ground
[NPC] Blood Brother Brawler: I'm just a businessman!

• Haha 2

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

11 hours ago, Techwright said:

Wasn't there a scenario, where other NPCs were present and they all sort of acted as a Greek chorus parroting Fayte, calling him "a gifted surgeon, and nothing more"?

Basically every NPC line in that rescue mission. He is, after all, a gifted surgeon and nothing more.

• Like 1