Favorite in-game quotes

Troo

3 hours ago, Oracle82 said:

From the new content in i27

Doc Buzzsaw: "Oh, and if you hear any odd noises, it's just the Cattleprod of Motivation being used. For science!"

Ha, ha!  There are several thigh-slappers in that one.  I also enjoyed the bit where you get a "Morality Tip" when you find the parking ticket and the choice is Do I keep the ticket so the guy gets towed, or validate it so that the city will be denied the revenue."  Villains are so EEEEBIIIIILLLL!!! 😆

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

• 2 weeks later

From the i27 Agent Watkins arc:

[NPC] JuNK5h0t: This music is off the chain! Out of bounds! Unctious!
[NPC] JuNK5h0t: ...Unctious? Yeah why not!

And from the same mission in that arc, there's this clue, which I'm guessing is a callback to Westin Phipps's Miss Francine arc...

1398858284_Raverobberclue.jpg.0b82f1f3447e46cca828e61368365d76.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Random Legacy Chain on duty in The Hollows:

I do not mind it here, really. Atlas Park is just next door and you can buy a simply delightful concoction there called a 'taco', if you wish!

Have the Legacy Chain not heard of tacos before?

• Haha 2

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

On 8/29/2020 at 6:14 AM, Onemantankwall said:

Crystal: I'm taking martial arts lessons and one day VERY SOON you're going to get a big surprise!

One of my toons is a teenaged female Martial Arts/Ninjitsu scrapper, and her bio is completely based upon the various things mugging victims in Atlas Park say. (Though it's mostly lines the victims say to the player after they're rescued.)

"Every week somebody was trying to steal Mandy's purse! Finally, she decided she'd had enough, and she beat the tar out of the next mugger who tried. It was the most exciting thing that ever happened to her! Perhaps not coincidentally, several years ago Mandy's mother was rescued from a mugger by a hero, and told the hero, "I hope my kid grows up to be just like you!""

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I just spent about 5 minutes jumping to and fro the campus in Croatoa hoping to get one of the NPCs milling to give my favorite quote (so I could give it precisely).  Sadly I was unable to but it goes something like this:

"Shhhh, discrete math..."

Edited by Hedgefund
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 1/21/2021 at 12:18 AM, ZorkNemesis said:

Random Legacy Chain on duty in The Hollows:

I do not mind it here, really. Atlas Park is just next door and you can buy a simply delightful concoction there called a 'taco', if you wish!

Have the Legacy Chain not heard of tacos before?

It wasn't Tuesday?

On 12/6/2020 at 2:21 PM, Apogee said:

Heard from Resistance fighters during an ambush in Praetoria:

Resistance Recruit(1): Go!

Resistance Recruit(2): Wolverines!

Resistance Recruit(3): W....what?

Resistance Recruit(4): Really?

Resistance Recruit(5):: Wolverines?

When? I've done both the Loyalist Power Storyline and the Responsibility Storyline.

In the Hollows:

[NPC] Blood Brother Slammer: You know what we should do? We should go back to Kings Row or Atlas Park or whatever and grab a bunch of people, drag them back here, and then just make them walk around. Why? So we can rob them, of course. Duh!

• Haha 1

[NPC] T3h B0ss: I'm gonna buy a sports car, and then weld it to me. 

[NPC] T3h B0ss: Like some kind of sports car centaur.

[NPC] T3h B0ss: Nothing will stop my dream of an all-leather interior!

[NPC] Mad Freak Chopper: Aw. I really wanted to see if that Sportaur idea would work, too!

Edited by CursedSorcerer
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later

Silver Mantis Strike Force, Stop Negotiations (between Council and Sky Raiders):
[20:04:39] [NPC] Porter: Don't you think it's weird? 
[20:04:39] [NPC] Wing Raider: What's weird? 
[20:04:41] [NPC] Porter: You know. We're the Sky Raiders, but we're not actually stealing anything here. 
[20:04:41] [NPC] Wing Raider: Well... Yeah. 
[20:04:43] [NPC] Porter: I mean, it just feels wrong to me not to be stealing stuff.
[20:04:43] [NPC] Wing Raider: Huh. 
[20:04:45] [NPC] Wing Raider: Now that I think about it, you do have a point.

• Haha 4

Came across this excellent line in a "talk to the NPC box" in one of the 20-30 range Villain tips for Vigilantes.

What do you mean 'no room for mercy'?

He actually did it, he did the hand quotes. That just pisses you off.

Further along in the mission...

He did the hand quotes again. Rage.

Edited by ZorkNemesis
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

First time I've ever spotted this one in Atlas Park:

Community Relations Officer: There have been rumors that some of the refugees have been stealing local pets and eating them. We've investigated and have made one arrest. I would like to stress that this was an isolated incident.

• Haha 2

The Television is outright savage about its contempt for other forms of media.  From the Valentine tip delivery from the Internet to Television:

"Books, radio, you are yesterday's news and nobody loves you; Internet is amazing so you should probably make everyone's lives easier and go die in a fire."

Edited by ZorkNemesis
  • Like 1