OMG! So Happy!

BeatrixK

I recently started semi-dating a gamer (different game), and was telling him over the weekend how I used to play CoH and LOVED it (Had a level 50 healer and Scrapper)

Googled some stuff when I got home last night out of nostalgia and WHA.....HOW DID I NOT KNOW IT HAD BEEN REBORN!?!??

Was So Exited I downloaded the stuff and can't wait to get home.  Would love to get my 50 girls back in action, but doubt that's gonna be.  Plus...my gamer skills are pretty dusty, so I may need to just level my new peeps up just to learn the ropes again.

But so excited to start again, and appreciate there's a community to help out so I can get my sea legs back!

Kiki

/I was an old Legion of Valor player on Victory server -- Amanda Hungnkiss and BeatrixK were my mains.  I played a lot with a tank named Capt. Plycyfowitz.

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Hardship said:

Welcome back! As for getting your old characters back, that isn't possible, but you can certainly remake them from scratch and level them up!

WAAAHHHHHHH!  lol  Dayum -- because it was an absolute bitch getting a healer to 50 (Even though I generally teamed with a tank...but Amanda was squishy until she got her super electric powers.)

I seriously look forward to getting back into game and getting acquainted with players and teaming up again  -- but, if y'all see me in game..please understand I am a damned near N00b again....so if you wave and I don't wave back or something...it's not personal...I am just super green again I fear and am gonna be relearning stuff.  lol

But OMG can't wait -- I wanna get my controller back (I had just gotten a fire controller that had the little fire minions and I freaking LOVED playing that.)

• Like 4

Folks are usually pretty helpful in the game, and I seldom see people with needless expectations of other players. Don't worry about feeling green, I'm sure you'll have a friendly time.

Welcome back!

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, BeatrixK said:

WAAAHHHHHHH!  lol  Dayum -- because it was an absolute bitch getting a healer to 50 (Even though I generally teamed with a tank...but Amanda was squishy until she got her super electric powers.)

I seriously look forward to getting back into game and getting acquainted with players and teaming up again  -- but, if y'all see me in game..please understand I am a damned near N00b again....so if you wave and I don't wave back or something...it's not personal...I am just super green again I fear and am gonna be relearning stuff.  lol

But OMG can't wait -- I wanna get my controller back (I had just gotten a fire controller that had the little fire minions and I freaking LOVED playing that.)

I re-rolled my healer from back in the days of live.  It wasn't as hard, or time consuming as you might think.  You just watch the LFG channel, and send a PM to get on the team you want.  Even if you did nothing by Task Forces, you'd be L50 pretty quickly.  But, there are SO many other paths you could take.  That's one of the great things about this game, among so many others.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

What was no more, is REBORN!

welcome home!  make your old favorites and make some new heroes with the new archtype, visit the new zones and catch up with old and new friends. 😉

• Like 1

"She who lives by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral, all too often dies by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral."  -Doc Buzzsaw

Pineapple 🍍 Pizza 🍕 is my thumbs up. 

36 minutes ago, BeatrixK said:

I've never seen a team turn away a defender.

And with the Weekly Strike Targets you'll get around half a level of XP at completion (once per week for each character).

• Thanks 1

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

54 minutes ago, Ironblade said:

I've never seen a team turn away a defender.

And with the Weekly Strike Targets you'll get around half a level of XP at completion (once per week for each character).

Yeah -- I played with my then fiancé -- we didn't find a legion to join until we'd been playing for several months.  Once we got a group and joined group missions, it was pretty easy -- but getting to level 30 seemed to take forever when I was just paling around with a tank.

Welcome Back!

We can all relate to the excitement of finding out CoH was resurrected.  The Homecoming Team made many quality of life improvements over Live that will help you get back into it more easily. 

A few tips. Use them at your discretion as some of these tips do not fit every play style. 

The P2W vendor in Atlas Park. This vendor sells many very useful things for free.

• Double XP boosters - free (note you won’t get influence from mob kills) will help with leveling faster. 
  • Ninja run (Free) gives a good run speed and jumping boost. 
  • Reveal (this cost 10k influence) is handy to reveal the entire map of missions. 
  • Secondary mutation - free and handy for random buffs every 20 minutes. 
  • Plus many others very useful things (though some do cost influence). 

Leveling has never been easier with low level TFs, DFB, and AE. I would avoid going straight to AE farms though until you get a handle on the flow of the game. I’m not dissing on them, I use them a lot myself, but perhaps get a single toon into the 30s first before starting with AE farming. That will give you a good refresher.   DFB teams will advertise every day, give good low level experience, offers a nice temporary boost, and is an actual teaming event as opposed to door sitting an AE farm. Task forces are even better as they offer reward merits. 

Also there are always plenty of radio teams advertising that you can join at almost any level. Those are always a good option. 

Enhancements:  Not sure how much of a refresher you need on enhancements, but I suggest using double origin enhancements until level 22. Then go to the university in Steel Canyon and do the invention origin tutorial. It will award you with a level 25 IO. I’d work on filling your slots with level 25 IOs, which are about equivalent to a single origin enhancement, but never get outleveled.  These can be a bit pricey when you are first starting out, but I’ll tell you how to make some money. 

Money - easiest way to make some decent money is to hop in low level task forces. Do several of them. You’ll quickly accumulate 30-50 merits. Go to a merit vendor and turn these into enhancement converters. One merit = 3 converters. Sell the converters on the auction house. You can even post them for 1 influence each and they will always sell immediately for 75-90k. So, 50 merits will get you a little over 10m influence. This will cover all the level 25 IOs easily. 

Anyway just a few tips. Biggest one of all is to just have fun and enjoy teaming again!

• Thanks 1

Welcome back home. Don't worry about being rusty, it's like riding a bike and you will be in comfy mode in no time. There are many good guides and advise posts on these forums which you may want to check out. There are a number of quality of life features that may not have been around on live or things you may have forgot, or never realized they existed.

It is wonderful to have the game back, and you will find the community is just as great (if not better) as it was when the game was live.

• Like 1

Dazl - Excelsior Grav/Kinetic Controller (SG - Cosmic Council) | Dazl - Everlasting & Torchbearer Grav/Energy Dominator

Shadowspawn - Excelsior Dark/Dark Stalker | Pyro Kinetic -Everlasting Fire/Kinetic Corrupter | Nova Pyre - Everlasting Fire/Fire/Fire Blaster (OMG)

It doesn't look like anyone mentioned it yet, but:
Excelsior is the most populated Shard.

Everlasting is the (officially) unofficial roleplaying Shard.

Indomitable is the (officially) unofficial (but basically official at this point) PvP Shard.

Reunion is the European Shard.

Torchbearer was originally the only Shard, but everyone moved to other Shards once Shard Transfers became free.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BeatrixK said:

Yeah -- I played with my then fiancé -- we didn't find a legion to join until we'd been playing for several months.  Once we got a group and joined group missions, it was pretty easy -- but getting to level 30 seemed to take forever when I was just paling around with a tank.

You don't need a legion (supergroup) really.  Just find out what the task force channel is for your server.  I'm on Everlasting so I'm on the global channel Everlasting TFs.  Between that and the LFG channel, I can always find task forces and iTrials.

• Thanks 1

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

• Retired Lead Game Master

Welcome Home! Really glad you found us.

I had the same reaction, but was lucky enough to find Homecoming on day one as a player. Still hits me sometimes.

Have fun!

• Like 4