Switching servers

Snarky

I have recently been told my playstyle offends people on the RP server.  Was told this in game and someone even specifically mentioned it on the boards in a completely unrelated post about power balances. 

I thought about this a while.  There was definitely something to it otherwise it would not have been mentioned. I thought about the people who play teams not for grinding but for community. Maybe there was something deeper to it.  I am not a sociopath, but i just dont feel any real connection to peeps i grind with for an hour or two. I try to be nice, but i have boundaries that appear to collide with at least some other peoples boundaries. I am firm in my playstyle and what i enjoy.  So if that offends i would rather step off than go Hatfield and McCoy. Not that difficult for me since,again, i feel no huge connection to anyone or any group in the server

i have decided to move my gaming from Everlasting to Excelsior.  So to those who have seen me in a bazillion TF there i did not drop off the map or go six feet under

My hope is to fit in a little more   Maybe it will be the same.  If there is continuing friction i will probably head back to WoW which became my game after the City was killed. There you just ignore the barrens chat and drama and/or take it as part of the daily grind

so Hasta la vista Everlasting. It was fun

22 minutes ago, Snarky said:

I have recently been told my playstyle offends people on the RP server.  Was told this in game and someone even specifically mentioned it on the boards in a completely unrelated post about power balances. 

I thought about this a while.  There was definitely something to it otherwise it would not have been mentioned.

I'm skeptical.  I think some small group of RP'ers got their panties in a bunch or took their cue from one person who took a dislike to you.

I've teamed with you and you are middle of the road - a bit more vocal/snarky than some, but still so moderate that anyone saying your playstyle offends them should just be told to piss off.

Anyway, I'll be sorry to see you go.  I enjoyed teaming with you and I'm not on Excelsior at all (I'm like 95% Everlasting and 5% Indomitable).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

11 minutes ago, Lines said:

Come to Reunion. You won't find drama here. Heck, you'll hardly even find people here.

It's very chill.

What's City of Heroes without drama?  That's like City of Heroes without in-game fisticuffs.

"City of Heroes: Come to fight super-heroes and look cool doing it.  Stay for the drama!"

• Haha 1

Part of the problem for me doing a server switch is conflicting names. I'm not willing to rename certain characters. More so since I had that character in some form since Live. I had Sneakers on Freedom for years. This led me to do roughly a 50/50 split between characters when I transferred some out. 

I also don't sweat too much about what someone would say about me in a negative way online. They are one person or a very small group of people. Easy enough to simply global ignore someone you don't like and call it a day. 

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

There are some snotty people on EV for sure who seem to delight in finding pretenses to puff themselves up at the expense of strangers or are just plan old spastic dramaqueens...but such people exist on Ex too.

Personally all of my bad encounters on ev have just been about people being petty/seeking to lash out or we've simply missunderstood each other, I've never had any conflicts that have had anything at all to do with RP.

Almost all of my chars are comedy based, usually based on some stupid meme or a line from a song or something, I don't rp and I will never bother using (('s when I talk, I have enough vectors for horrible three's-company-esque typos without adding those into the mix.

Also I say lol a lot. Mostly because one of my kids demanded that I stop doing so like a decade ago. Everything about me makes a certain type of rp'er eyes twitch a bit.

I've run into a few people who grossly misunderstood my intentions in making an animal-type character, but horrible trauma aside, I've never ever encountered any problems related to RP even though my presence is usually at least visually disruptive even if I'm being quiet. 

I don't join RP groups on purpose and my only concession towards RP is that I don't actively try to step on it when it happens around me, and nobody ever bugs me about it no matter how obnoxious they probably think I am.

I think that you just encountered a rare spaz and I bet I know who it was too.

Just ignore these rude people, you don't need a thing from them. Also, nobody cares about what they think, they don't represent anybody or matter in any way. I've had them on ignore for a long time and completely forgot they existed until your post.

Moving to Excelsior is cool, a change of pace can be great and Excelsior is the most active in my experience, but don't write ev off completely imo. I've run in many groups with you on many of my chars where nobody was anything but pleasant to each other so I know that you know it's not all bad on Ev.

At least leave your name behind on a placeholder alt in case you want to come check it out again someday.

• Like 1

I play a little bit on Everlasting and I give them credit they do have a healthy RP community. If that is not your thing, then another server would probably be a better fit for you.

• Like 1

Dazl - Excelsior Grav/Kinetic Controller (SG - Cosmic Council) | Dazl - Everlasting & Torchbearer Grav/Energy Dominator

Shadowspawn - Excelsior Dark/Dark Stalker | Pyro Kinetic -Everlasting Fire/Kinetic Corrupter | Nova Pyre - Everlasting Fire/Fire/Fire Blaster (OMG)

2 hours ago, biostem said:

Should the can of worms be opened?

Nope. This was meant to be informative not explorative. Rollerball already dropped out of the shoot, game is in play on Excelsior, moving on

also to address points brought up. I had saved 2 names actoss all but one server when i started. Level 1 placeholders. So i started Snarky as a Dark/Dark Blaster Rogue Sunday and started badging on Excelsior. I might move characters over but i dont think so. Strangely in this economy i have found how to kit out a 2 billion build almost as fast as i 50 one. Which is not helping my altitus  so if i decide to remake characters i can happily alt again

Edited by Snarky

But Snarky all the 'good' names are taken on Excelsior..

🤷‍♂️

Edited by Troo
was missing a 'n'
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

They can **** off, you don't have to play by the rules of a LARP.  Lousy Acting Role Player.  All you got to do is try to stay quiet and try not to interfere.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

Sorry to see you go, Snarky. I've teamed with various Snark characters on many a SF's with many different alts and never had a problem with you saying anything about mah RP.

• Like 1

Midnight Thorn, Overlord of Ivory Tower.  (Everlasting)

Players can kick other players off of servers? Seems like they have the issue. I don't think I'd server switch just because someone else wants me too.

• Like 2

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

16 hours ago, Apparition said:

What's City of Heroes without drama?  That's like City of Heroes without in-game fisticuffs.

"City of Heroes: Come to fight super-heroes and look cool doing it.  Stay for the drama!"

Just reread this post and noticed the redsider perspective.

I approve. Represent!

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Lines said:

Come to Reunion. You won't find drama here. Heck, you'll hardly even find people here.

I'm there, most of the time, you're right, I'm all alone, it can seem a little abandoned some times, wait was that someone....nope. 

Are the avoiding me? Is it that I'm from Ohio? Bald? a WASP?, an Omnivore?, liked the last season of BSG?

Always looking for a good PUG. Really...... @Marine X

• Like 1

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

I've randomly been on a couple teams with you, Snarky, and didn't have - or see others having - any issues. But like you I don't tend to build connections to PUGs, so as long as everyone's doing their thing and nobody's getting pissy about it, I leave well enough alone.

I've got alts everywhere. Only one on Excelsior, a comedy option WP/Mace tanker, but I'll keep my eyes open for ya.

• Like 1

@Cutter

So many alts, so little time...

46 minutes ago, Marine X said:

I'm there, most of the time, you're right, I'm all alone, it can seem a little abandoned some times, wait was that someone....nope. 

Are the avoiding me? Is it that I'm from Ohio? Bald? a WASP?, an Omnivore?, liked the last season of BSG?

Always looking for a good PUG. Really...... @Marine X

It's funny, because I used to play on Defiant, and now every time I go to Atlas Park on Reunion I'm less 'why is it so empty?' and more, 'OMG, where did all these people come from???'

• Like 2

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!