Since we're staring at our PCs...

Greycat

Mine's nothing so spectacular as what y'all have, though I've had a few in the past.  I picked my current background for the serenity it gives me.  I took the photo in August 2019 at Cataloochee Valley Overlook, Great Smoky Mountains National Park on the North Carolina side, not far from where I'd gone to photograph a herd of wild elk in the valley alongside Rough Fork Creek.  Since their reintroduction to the area, the elk have been wildly popular and cherished by the regional community.  I love my home region!

IMG_20190803_200538538_HDR.thumb.jpg.670ad5dc10b898905b3deb38d02ef0f2.jpg

Map info on the Overlook spot:  https://goo.gl/maps/PutWbjCJmcK3oHeTA

• Like 2

On 8/31/2020 at 1:25 PM, Ura Hero said:

I go past that area a few times a year.  Usually stop in Waynesville to eat.  Beautiful scenery up there.  I guess I should take a few minutes and stop at the overlook next time I am through.

It's just a few weeks until the leaves start turning.  Should be spectacular.

On 8/30/2020 at 9:37 PM, Techwright said:

I love my home region!

I grew up near Boone, and I know exactly how you feel. The photo you posted evokes a lot of good memories.

My background was one of the standard ones that came with Win10 that I never bothered to change, and this thread inspired me to dig around to find something more interesting:

790805.thumb.jpg.7a544c0ca7b5e4c73f3d9cd62a922d62.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later
On 8/23/2020 at 1:36 PM, kanga said:

one of my many Elite ships that routinely make it onto my desktop

cutter1080.png

You know, I got Elite for free when I bought my video card and I have still yet to play it. Granted the same is basically true for SC as well... I've logged on and looked at my DUR but never flown it... <.<

• Like 1

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.