Remove Criticals for Stalkers and VEATs

Vanden

50 minutes ago, Lazarillo said:

There's honestly too many weird, specific float texts as it is.

And yet..not enough. I wish the Dom ATO would have a text popup, and the brute ones (which are really hard to see, unless you look at combat atts).

I see where your heart is but conceptually and mechanically, Sneak Attack = Assassin's Strike.

My other hits that turn out criticals are conceptually being very accurate or ignoring a foe's protections, i.e. the a critical HIT.

I wouldn't disagree with changing Scrappers' to critical STRIKE as I conceptualize Scrappers' criticals being just using overwhelming power.

4 hours ago, Lazarillo said:

There's honestly too many weird, specific float texts as it is.

I'm still waiting for "one of them to say FREEEM!"

• Haha 2

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

Just now, kelika2 said:

just roll brutes bro scrappers had their time in issue 1-5 but the torch has been passed for like 13 or 14 years

Or just roll what you want with whatever mechanic you like.

Edited by Greycat
  • Like 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

5 minutes ago, Vanden said:

I guess you weren't playing three days ago.

Aw hell, I missed it huh?

Or wait, is this the joke???

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

11 minutes ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

Aw hell, I missed it huh?

Or wait, is this the joke???

Brawl had an "upgrade" where it would do Boom, Pow, had something like mag 42 knock-back, and would occasionally have random effects like casting torrent and going "Freem" or "Surprise" and hitting the enemy with a car.

STALKERS NEED CAR MELEE!

You forgot one. "Oops," which also knocked *you* back. Got that one twice. 😄

• Like 2

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

20 hours ago, Vanden said:

Scrappers do Critical hits, not Stalkers or VEATs. Instead, when they do their extra damage from Hidden or at random, have the floating message say "Sneak Attack."

I read the title and thought that you literally meant removing the ability to crit from Stalkers and VEATs...I was like, "Vanden, really? I'm about to pick up Jack Emmert and sling him all over you, man!" Then I realized you only meant the pop up!  😄

1 hour ago, Solarverse said:

I read the title and thought that you literally meant removing the ability to crit from Stalkers and VEATs...I was like, "Vanden, really? I'm about to pick up Jack Emmert and sling him all over you, man!" Then I realized you only meant the pop up!  😄

Moi, use clickbait? Never!

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later
On 4/4/2020 at 2:06 AM, Major_Decoy said:

Brawl had an "upgrade" where it would do Boom, Pow, had something like mag 42 knock-back, and would occasionally have random effects like casting torrent and going "Freem" or "Surprise" and hitting the enemy with a car.

STALKERS NEED CAR MELEE!

Wait, what?  Since when did it hit the enemy with a CAR?  I played a good bit with several toons Brawling the crap out of stuff during that bit, and I never saw a car.  The "surprise" bit was always launching them away and then popping them with some kind of firecracker (distinctly different from the Freem Power Torrent blast).

3 hours ago, SurfD said:

Wait, what?  Since when did it hit the enemy with a CAR?  I played a good bit with several toons Brawling the crap out of stuff during that bit, and I never saw a car.  The "surprise" bit was always launching them away and then popping them with some kind of firecracker (distinctly different from the Freem Power Torrent blast).

I got two cars. I guess it was kind of rare, but I had multiple character that used brawl in the standard attack chain at the time.