What are your "ignore" habits and why?

Tahliah

50 minutes ago, MunkiLord said:

I wish I could give your response more than one like. 

I said the same thing... earlier today as a matter of fact, when another forumite provided me with costume change macro.  🙂

• Like 1

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

1 hour ago, ZeeHero said:

Speaking of costume change macro how do I bind a costume change with an animation? normally it skips the animation when I bind it.

There's a bind and/or a macro down in this Guides thread...

None of which worked for me, until another forumite posted the solution. Which was a macro that allowed me to toggle between 2 costumes using the same animation.

/macro CCE "cce 1 cclightning$$cce 0 cclightning"

0 and 1 being the 1st and 2nd costume swaps and cclightning being the animation.

Edited by Oubliette_Red
  • Thanks 1

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

People having opinions is perfectly fine. People actively telling you that you're wrong for having a different opinion and demanding you play the game their way? That's usually when I start to have issues with someone.

I shall also apologize to everyone for getting a bit too heated in my arguement earlier in this thread.

Edited by BasherBot

On 4/23/2020 at 11:14 AM, Freaksh0w said:

UPDATE: i add another guy on global ignore because he is telling people what to do on LFG after someone was forming a speed run LRSF.

he was saying " iF YoU ArE gOnNa sPeEd ThRoUgH a tF pLeAsE AdVeRtIsE  iT aS sUcH" telling others what to do and worrying about what the other person is doing.

i was on the excelsior server.

Unless there was more to that conversation than you copied, I don't see that as telling others what to do rather than asking to add more relevant info to their advertisement.

I mean, there is a please in there.

1 hour ago, Twisted Toon said:

Unless there was more to that conversation than you copied, I don't see that as telling others what to do rather than asking to add more relevant info to their advertisement.

I mean, there is a please in there.

that was on  the LFG channel also who the fuck said i copied? also i do see as telling others what to do...

10 hours ago, BasherBot said:

People having opinions is perfectly fine. People actively telling you that you're wrong for having a different opinion and demanding you play the game their way? That's usually when I start to have issues with someone.

I shall also apologize to everyone for getting a bit too heated in my arguement earlier in this thread.

A Rad without the toggles is a waste of a team slot. Yes 

Playing CoX is it’s own reward

23 hours ago, Freaksh0w said:

that was on  the LFG channel also who the fuck said i copied? also i do see as telling others what to do...

Eh. Just pointing out that a potential team-lead ought to mention what flavor of TF they're putting together... rather it's a speed run, a smash-all,  a Master run or whatever... doesn't really amount to "telling someone what to do" in a restrictive, OMGNOYOU kind of way. It's just pointing out that adding some detail is usually wise. It's the best way we have to keep misunderstandings and potential team conflicts to a minimum.... Better to set your expectations *before* you start a run, instead of having to stop half-way through the first mission. look at each other and say "Wait. What are we doing here again?" and all that.

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

On 4/26/2020 at 6:13 PM, Freaksh0w said:

no i didn't why do you keep asking me that nonsense?

this " is called a quote. anything between the "s usually means that you are quoting what someone else said.

Your post that I responded to initially had quotes and I'll copy it here...

On 4/23/2020 at 11:14 AM, Freaksh0w said:

UPDATE: i add another guy on global ignore because he is telling people what to do on LFG after someone was forming a speed run LRSF.

he was saying --->"<--- iF YoU ArE gOnNa sPeEd ThRoUgH a tF pLeAsE AdVeRtIsE  iT aS sUcH--->"<---telling others what to do and worrying about what the other person is doing.

i was on the excelsior server.

Note the "s that I'm pointing to? Those were in your post.

Now, if you were paraphrasing what they said, you should probably have left off the quotes (and possibly noted that you were paraphrasing).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I never put anyone on ignore. Not only is it not worth my time, but sometimes I get enjoyment out of watching the argument unfold. Besides, I'm not a fan of only having half a conversation. I'm sure some people have put me on ignore more than once because I tend to be very blunt and to the point about things, but I don't ignore other people with a command. If I don't want to interact with someone, I just use my own willpower to resist sending them messages. Sometimes this results in gold as they think I've ignored them and they start getting braver.

Reading through the section about the knockback hate, I made an Energy/FF Corrupter that spends her time knocking things down instead of putting defensive bubbles on her team. You're welcome.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

exChampion and exInfinity player (Champion primarily).

Current resident of the Everlasting shard.

On 4/29/2020 at 9:03 PM, ForeverLaxx said:

Reading through the section about the knockback hate, I made an Energy/FF Corrupter that spends her time knocking things down instead of putting defensive bubbles on her team. You're welcome.

Let us know what your “kicked from team” tally is each week.🤣

• Thanks 1

Playing CoX is it’s own reward

People spamming General zone channels with obvious troll nonsense. If you take your enjoyment out of annoying other people I don't need you in my life. Everything else is sort of secondary, don't care if people are good at the game and even if they go poof during a TF who knows what was going on, their house might be on fire. 

The only other way would be to be consistently awful and actualy work for it by annoying me personally and at least so far no one put in that effort. Think the age of the playerbase helps a lot in that regard.

On 4/29/2020 at 9:03 PM, ForeverLaxx said:

On 5/5/2020 at 5:58 PM, Myrmidon said:

Let us know what your “kicked from team” tally is each week.🤣

I have a FF/Energy Defender that's built, pretty much, for the same thing. Fortunately, I have a regular group that I team with. So, they're tolerant of my KBs.

Also, I don't really do disruptive KB with him. I am doing more...enemy repositioning and squishy melee protection.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Twisted Toon said:

I have a FF/Energy Defender that's built, pretty much, for the same thing. Fortunately, I have a regular group that I team with. So, they're tolerant of my KBs.

Also, I don't really do disruptive KB with him. I am doing more...enemy repositioning and squishy melee protection.

I'm not disruptive with it either. I even use the KB->KD IO for the AoEs. I just think it's funny that people have an aneurysm when it comes to any amount of knockback to the point that they're willing to put them on their ignore list to avoid playing with them again. I'm surprised you went with a Defender instead of a Corruptor though since Corruptor's hit harder and if you're turning most of the KB into KD, the higher KB value of the Defender doesn't matter.

Though in PvP you'll have a stronger Force Bolt I suppose.

• Thanks 1

exChampion and exInfinity player (Champion primarily).

Current resident of the Everlasting shard.

14 hours ago, ForeverLaxx said:

I'm not disruptive with it either. I even use the KB->KD IO for the AoEs. I just think it's funny that people have an aneurysm when it comes to any amount of knockback to the point that they're willing to put them on their ignore list to avoid playing with them again. I'm surprised you went with a Defender instead of a Corruptor though since Corruptor's hit harder and if you're turning most of the KB into KD, the higher KB value of the Defender doesn't matter.

Though in PvP you'll have a stronger Force Bolt I suppose.

I don't turn the KB into KD.

I just trained the melee guys to fight near walls and obstacles if they don't want to chase the bad guys all over the place.

I chose Defender because I do still bubble the team. So, I get better numbers from the bubbles. Particularly the AoE bubble...and Maneuvers.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Solvernia said:

Yes, nobody is questioning your right to perpetuate toxic behaviour.

So disallowing racists and kiddie diddlers a platform, *I'm* the one with the toxic behavior. Spoken like a true nazi.

Edited by Bill Z Bubba
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

So disallowing racists and kiddie diddlers a platform, *I'm* the one with the toxic behavior. Spoken like a true nazi.

Yeah, calling people nazis for having opinions you disagree with is pretty toxic.

4 minutes ago, Solvernia said:

Yeah, calling people nazis for having opinions you disagree with is pretty toxic.

That part absolutely was toxic to provide an example. But no more toxic than claiming I create toxic environments by removing toxic elements from my field of view. That is the refuge of those that know they are in the wrong: "Waaaahhhhh, you won't let me spew my <insert whatever here> so you're oppressing me!!!"

More succinctly:

image.png.428a8c83eae69d2789d101ad22194199.png

Edited by Bill Z Bubba
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

That part absolutely was toxic to provide an example. But no more toxic than claiming I create toxic environments by removing toxic elements from my field of view. That is the refuge of those that know they are in the wrong: "Waaaahhhhh, you won't let me spew my <insert whatever here> so you're oppressing me!!!"

I don't like racists or kiddie diddlers either. But pretending they don't exist doesn't solve any problems. You don't 'win' the 'fight' against the 'evil nazis' by covering your ears and running away whenever they say bad words.

Edited by Solvernia