I *JUST* learned...

Chuckers

Okay.. I've been playing CoX since a month after launch and I am kind of ashamed to admit that last night I *just* learned that the villain side of Pocket D has red lighting and the hero side has blue lighting. 

(I also learned that you can get a Gullible badge from Null the Gull, but since that's not obvious, I'm not embarrassed about it 😁 )

Has anyone else learned something that was an 'oh.. duh!' moment? 

Edited by Chuckers
grammar policing ;)
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

I only learned a couple months ago that it was possible to rename the Light Fairy Pet and similar buff critters. 

• Like 7
QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

I learnt that we could combine 3 similar inspirations for 1 higher level inspir.. Wait no, that was untroo.

• Haha 4
  • Sad 2

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

I’m also a veteran player. My mind was blown a few months ago when I learned that you can change the color scheme of the UI in options. I was contemplating going villain side because I thought that was the only way I could get the red UI. 

• Like 3

You can now get to the Matrix room via the elevators inside the Arena, rather then using the teleport hack.

Not going to resurrect the old thread, but a lot of fun posts there too,..

• Like 1

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

4 minutes ago, Oubliette_Red said:

You can now get to the Matrix room via the elevators inside the Arena, rather then using the teleport hack.

Not going to resurrect the old thread, but a lot of fun posts there too,..

I should have looked for an old thread!!

Fun.

I just learned... how to save my UI and then load it for new characters (or for old characters because i just got a 34" curved monitor with a lot more room to spread out on and needed a better and quicker way to do that on my 66 mains (I have no alts -- just 66 mains)).

• Like 4

I learned recently I could double click on an enhancement to put it in the AH, rather than just drag and drop! 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Retired, October 2022.

Fallout Engineer Rad/AR Defender || Peacemoon Empathy/Psi Defender || Svarteir Dark/Dark Controller

Everlasting || UK Timezone

On 6/4/2020 at 4:14 PM, Oubliette_Red said:

I didn't know about the teleport hack; the way I was shown to get there was to fly to the southeastern corner of the PI zone and move up the east barrier wall until you found the gap there that would let you out of the zone limits, then fly out to where the water stopped and duck under the map, then fly back to the arena. I know that method still worked at shutdown, because I parked a character in the Matrix room on the last day.

I've mentioned it before in another thread months back, but I'd not previously known there was a secret submarine base in Atlas Park that not only had Ms Liberty as a trainer in it, but also had all the Freedom Phalanx and base-like teleporters next to them so you could launch your team's task forces from the sub base, rather than traveling to the zones, like we do.  It sounds spiffy, and it is, except the only vendor there is a merit vendor.  Had the base a standard vendor next to Ms Liberty, this would be my default place to avoid the crowds under Atlas.

Also, I can't believe I didn't know this for the year I've been back in the game, but I just realized there's an "echo" tram system that connects all the Echo zones and Orobouros. (This was set up after I left the original game, I think.) If you use either a base with portal to one of the Echo zones, or the cosmic base portals to any Echo zone, you should be able to take the Echo tram straight into Oro, theoretically before you're 14, bypassing the O-portal restriction. (I've not tested the security rank restriction, but I have ridden the Echo tram network to the big O. )   

Just this past week I finally paid attention to the neighborhood names in Dark Astoria and realized one of them must have been named for Sam Raimi, of "The Evil Dead" fame.  I'm now wondering what other neighborhoods have homage names.

• Like 1

On 6/4/2020 at 6:29 PM, Heraclea said:

I only learned a couple months ago that it was possible to rename the Light Fairy Pet and similar buff critters. 

Far as I can tell all summonable pets without exception can be renamed even temp power pets & the Dominator IO pet

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Techwright said:

I've mentioned it before in another thread months back, but I'd not previously known there was a secret submarine base in Atlas Park that not only had Ms Liberty as a trainer in it, but also had all the Freedom Phalanx and base-like teleporters next to them so you could launch your team's task forces from the sub base, rather than traveling to the zones, like we do.  It sounds spiffy, and it is, except the only vendor there is a merit vendor.  Had the base a standard vendor next to Ms Liberty, this would be my default place to avoid the crowds under Atlas.

Also, I can't believe I didn't know this for the year I've been back in the game, but I just realized there's an "echo" tram system that connects all the Echo zones and Orobouros. (This was set up after I left the original game, I think.) If you use either a base with portal to one of the Echo zones, or the cosmic base portals to any Echo zone, you should be able to take the Echo tram straight into Oro, theoretically before you're 14, bypassing the O-portal restriction. (I've not tested the security rank restriction, but I have ridden the Echo tram network to the big O. )   

Just this past week I finally paid attention to the neighborhood names in Dark Astoria and realized one of them must have been named for Sam Raimi, of "The Evil Dead" fame.  I'm now wondering what other neighborhoods have homage names.

There is a lake house in Perez Park that has a location badge called "Around The Bendis" I remember the 1st time i discovered it years ago street sweeping with friends on Freedom back in I2 or whatever issue introduced badges 

1 hour ago, Techwright said:

Hi, I get the Oro power by doing that on all my new alts at lvl one as part of their starting setup routine. Arrive in Atlas, use the base pass code and then tp to Echo Galaxy and then to Oro, walk up the golden arch and get the badge then back to SG base  and go to the D and use the Gull and get the badge then back to Atlas via Sg base. All still at lvl one.

But my latest never knew that is that if you are a Beasts MM and take them into water they start “Doggy Paddling” with you, hilarious to see 🙂

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Chance Jackson said:

Far as I can tell all summonable pets without exception can be renamed even temp power pets & the Dominator IO pet

Rolled a plants/poison oontroller this week and discovered that I could turn her Spirit Tree into a Poison Tree.  

• Like 6
QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

On 6/5/2020 at 11:33 PM, Techwright said:

This article on the HC wiki details many of the references found ingame: https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/Ingame_References

• Like 2

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

3 hours ago, Oginth said:

OMG! There's a pair of rocket boots, with flames! Now my Natural character can float/fly without breaking RP. X_X

There are even backpacks with rockets that light up when in flight ...

• Thanks 1

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

10 hours ago, Oginth said:

OMG! There's a pair of rocket boots, with flames! Now my Natural character can float/fly without breaking RP. X_X

6 hours ago, Redlynne said:

There are even backpacks with rockets that light up when in flight ...

I have a character of two that use both at the same time.