Old player just found this place

d4verman

Hi everyone.

I'm "new" here in a way. I played the game back when it launched, but I was in the military and had to PCS overseas where I couldn't keep playing for awhile. When I got back I was going to re-sub and found the game was taken down. I new about the private servers but the first time I tried to join one my PC kept giving me virus and "unsafe" connection warnings. I recently (as in today) found a link that didn't do that so the game is downloading.

I was wondering if they still have rikti invasions and alerts like they used too? (I used to like it around halloween when zombies would spawn all over the place). Either way I look forward to revisiting Paragon City. Champions Online is boring. 

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, d4verman said:

I was wondering if they still have rikti invasions and alerts like they used too? (I used to like it around halloween when zombies would spawn all over the place). Either way I look forward to revisiting Paragon City. Champions Online is boring. 

Yes those still happen. I can't find it, but there is some sort of schedule of various events that will be run throughout this month. I'm pretty sure it's part of the log in message when you get in game. If I can find it here on the forums I'll share the link.

Welcome home!  Im @C'len on my global - holler if you need help with getting your feet back under you, or anything else!

Great Justice - Invuln/Energy Melee Tank

Ann Atomic - Radiation/Super Strength Tank

Elecutrix - Electric Blast/Super Reflexes Sentinel

Ramayael - Titan Weapons/Bio Scrapper

C'len - Spines/Bio Brute

Welcome home hero, it's all here just like you remembered and then some. Would suggest you check out the guide section. There have been a number of improvements since the "Live" version of the game.

Ah nothing like that feeling of logging in for the first time after all those years.

Dazl - Excelsior Grav/Kinetic Controller (SG - Cosmic Council) | Dazl - Everlasting & Torchbearer Grav/Energy Dominator

Shadowspawn - Excelsior Dark/Dark Stalker | Pyro Kinetic -Everlasting Fire/Kinetic Corrupter | Nova Pyre - Everlasting Fire/Fire/Fire Blaster (OMG)

As others have said:  Welcome Home!

Something important to consider are the various Shards!

Reunion ( https://forums.homecomingservers.com/forum/42-reunion-eu/ ) is the European Shard, based out of Germany.  All other Shards are located on servers in Montréal, Québec, Canada (last I checked, any way).

Everlasting ( https://forums.homecomingservers.com/forum/40-everlasting/ ) is the officially-declared unofficial Roleplaying Shard.

Indomitable ( https://forums.homecomingservers.com/forum/41-indomitable/ ) is the officially-declared unofficial PvP Shard.

Excelsior ( https://forums.homecomingservers.com/forum/39-excelsior/ ) is the most populous Shard.

Torchbearer ( https://forums.homecomingservers.com/forum/38-torchbearer/ ) was the original Homecoming Shard when the servers first came online.

1 hour ago, Herotu said:

Welcome.

Isn't it interesting how many military people play CoH?

I think it has to do with how easy CoH is to just jump in and out of and not feel like you've fallen behind. There's no continually increasing treadmill of meta to try and keep up with like a lot of other MMOs seems to have.

• Like 2

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

21 hours ago, d4verman said:

If there's a Rikti Invasion event going on, then it tends to happen incredibly frequently. However, if there's no event going on, a Rikti invasion is only triggered by a team completing the Lady Grey Task Force.Upon completion, a random zone, hero or villain, is chosen for an invasion. Zombie invasions are event exclusive, and as far as I'm aware, have no trigger during normal play.

Also, welcome back! Hope everything is as fun as you remember it. 😄

Global Handle: @Gibs

A guy with unpopular opinions.

1 minute ago, GastlyGibus said:

Zombie invasions are event exclusive, and as far as I'm aware, have no trigger during normal play.

I think completing the Katie Hannon TF or Virgil Tarikoss SF will trigger the zombie invasions.

https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/Zombie_Apocalypse 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Frostbiter said:

I think it has to do with how easy CoH is to just jump in and out of and not feel like you've fallen behind. There's no continually increasing treadmill of meta to try and keep up with like a lot of other MMOs seems to have.

That, and it's a chance for Heroes to play different heroes. 😁

2 hours ago, Frostbiter said:

Precisely. One can log in, beat up some punks or some aliens, log back out without the pressure of having to keep up with the Jones family that other games have.

Welcome Home:

If you are ever on Reunion or Everlasting and need a hand early AM weekdays, look me up @Marine X.

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

On 7/8/2020 at 10:02 AM, Herotu said:

Welcome.

Isn't it interesting how many military people play CoH?

It sure seems like there are a lot of us, but I don't think there's anything specific about CoH that speaks to that part of my brain; I just like that ten minutes spent in-game in CoH is still 10 minutes of progress that counts towards something that I will pick up the next time I log in, whereas 10 minutes in Rocket League or whatever is just passing time.  

I love that HC is still being discovered by 'new' players; 'Homecoming' really is the most appropriate name for what is going on here.

Well, which is it, young feller?  You want I should freeze or get down on the ground?
If'n I freeze, I can't rightly drop.  And if'n I drop I'll be in motion.