I'm a cheater!

Lockpick

I admit it.  I am a serial cheater.  I cheat, habitually.

I start with a character and things are going well.  We get through our twenties and start working on task forces together.  We are together every day and we are exploring our limits together.  Before we know it we are 50!  We have been through a lot.  We are meant to be together!  We max out our incarnate levels and do our passive accolades together.  But then I see a new character.  At first it is a bit like flirting, I check out their build and wonder if we would be compatible.  I decide to go on a few runs with the new character, leaving my former character idle, to spend time with my new love.  Before I know it, I have not touched my previous love for 30+ days.  My latest fling is closing in on full incarnates and passive accolades.  Is this the one?  I wonder...

Edited by Lockpick
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Nah.  You're just a polycharacterist, and there isn't anything wrong with that.

(To be clear:  This is a joke post.  I know what Lockpick is describing isn't quite comparable to actual polyamory, but just go with me on this journey for the sake of the jest?)

Edited by ImpousVileTerror
Clarity added.
  • Haha 2

52 minutes ago, ImpousVileTerror said:

(To be clear:  This is a joke post.  I know what Lockpick is describing isn't quite comparable to actual polyamory, but just go with me on this journey for the sake of the jest?)

I am definitely a polycharacterist.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Playing CoX is it’s own reward

6 hours ago, Lockpick said:

I start with a character and things are going well.  We get through our twenties and start working on task forces together.  We are together every day and we are exploring our limits together.  Before we know it we are 50!  We have been through a lot.  We are meant to be together!  We max out our incarnate levels and do our passive accolades together.  But then I see a new character.  At first it is a bit like flirting, I check out their build and wonder if we would be compatible.  I decide to go on a few runs with the new character, leaving my former character idle, to spend time with my new love.  Before I know it, I have not touched my previous love for 30+ days.  My latest fling is closing in on full incarnates and passive accolades.  Is this the one?  I wonder...

You get to 50 before you get distracted by something new?! That's amazing dedication as far as I'm concerned. I've created characters in mids (I always do a build first), spun them up in game spending considerable time on the costume, loaded into atlas and then immediately left them and started something else... Even if I do spend a good bit of time with a character many of them fizzle out in the 30's because I just can't maintain focus.

It's the forums fault of course. Reading all your posts about the interesting, cool or just plain powerful characters you've created. How is anyone supposed to stay faithful with this much temptation around?

1 hour ago, ImpousVileTerror said:

Come on, people!  They don't -truly- count until you List them!

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/18342-list-of-character-lists/

Get to Listing!

... I rather wish we had a working CIT for here...

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

7 hours ago, ImpousVileTerror said:

This sounds more like a serial monocharacterist than a polycharacterist situation...

• Thanks 2

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation

14 hours ago, Lockpick said:

Welcome to my world. XD

I've spent pretty much my entire time on Homecoming doing this.

Make an alt... level and equip them... get them their iToys... and then leave them standing around while I get distracted by the next member of the crew.

35 characters I've done that with, now...

#36 will probably hit 50 in the next few days... He's 45 currently. (Although, humorously, that particular Sentinel is one of the very first characters I made on Homecoming, on Torch. I  moved him to Excelsior the day it went live.) I had abandoned Iah, along with the pair that will probably be #37 and #38, to concentrate on my characters on Everlasting. Prior to this week, he'd been untouched for more than a year.

Edited by Coyotedancer

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

At least you stay faithful until you max them out. It's nice to have a stable of finished characters that you can take out of the barn now and then.

Dazl - Excelsior Grav/Kinetic Controller (SG - Cosmic Council) | Dazl - Everlasting & Torchbearer Grav/Energy Dominator

Shadowspawn - Excelsior Dark/Dark Stalker | Pyro Kinetic -Everlasting Fire/Kinetic Corrupter | Nova Pyre - Everlasting Fire/Fire/Fire Blaster (OMG)

23 minutes ago, Crimsonpyre said:

At least you stay faithful until you max them out. It's nice to have a stable of finished characters that you can take out of the barn now and then.

This. I've got like 6 out of 70 fully T4ed. And three of them are variants of Bill Z Bubba.

I find one character that I absolutely love and play him/her for a month. . . Then I create 10 more. . . And then I play each of those for the next month. . . Then I remember my lost love and go back to him/her. . . Then I create 10 different characters. . . 

And the cycle continues on and on. . .

Just remember when your ex takes you back make sure you use protection (inspirations). . .