Biggest pet peeves...

killigraphy

Keep it civil since the last thread died because pissing contests tend to arise;

-People who dislike when a defender doesn't pick any kind of blasts from the secondary power pool. This isn't WoW or Final Fantasy, healers/supports don't do insane amounts of dmg; either through raw output or DoT. Also, the game isn't even close to hard in general, compared to other MMO"s its a playground...made of sand. We have 9 other dmg dealing classes in the game, my dmg means nothing, also you know...play how I want so long as debuff/buffs/heals are coming in.

-Delusional IO set users, yes I also have a billion inf, I also park the enhancement ego, and realize that I'm only as strong as my wallet.  Saying general statements like "I tank Recluse easy" without mentioning your 1.5 billion inf toon is false advertising son. Your IO's tank Recluse easy, you just happen to press a few buttons.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 3

Those little sticks that get put through sandwiches. You have to pull them out to eat the sandwich causing it to fall apart. What's the point other than presentation?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 4

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

Cold soggy donuts.

Regen nerfs.

People on MY road in MY lane going below the speed limit when there are 4 other roads of varying speeds going the same place.  Pick your speed, get on that road, get outta my way.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Seeing the word "skyrocketing" in news and opinion pieces just drives me up a wall.

It's less common now, but a few years ago you couldn't read an article anywhere without that word showing up. It was like some sort of collective mind-virus had infected the entire journalistic community, demanding that "skyrocketing" show up AT LEAST once per article, no matter what the subject. Once I noticed the trend, it became impossible to NOT see.

It still makes me grumpy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

2 minutes ago, Coyotedancer said:

Seeing the word "skyrocketing" in news and opinion pieces just drives me up a wall.

It's less common now, but a few years ago you couldn't read an article anywhere without that word showing up. It was like some sort of collective mind-virus had infected the entire journalistic community, demanding that "skyrocketing" show up AT LEAST once per article, no matter what the subject. Once I noticed the trend, it became impossible to NOT see.

Don't get me started on how things went from being "tips" to "life hacks".  There's no life that has changed that much from one.

Edited by Frostbiter
  • Like 5

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

20 minutes ago, Xanatos said:

People who start threads to complain about other people, in a game community designed to be inclusive, are my biggest pet peeve.

Thankfully my thread is about pet peeves, and not directly people....cool right?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Apogee said:

People who cannot spell the word Rouge correctly when referencing a thief-like/scoundrel character. I could care less about you're makeup, irregardless of how it may appear.

eye thing your write

City of Heroes Class of 2001.

My biggest Pet Peeve is when our old Cat Sasha coughs up a Hairball she projectile poops in the opposite direction. I am not making this up...

Edited by Marine X
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

1 hour ago, Coyotedancer said:

This happens a lot, where a word or phrase seems to show up out of nowhere, is suddenly everywhere at once, and just as suddenly disappears.  

The nonsensical phrase "it is what it is" was like this, and in business, there was a dreadful period where everyone wanted to "delight (their) customers" and so on. 

I can't confirm it, but my theory is that these temporary vernacular blips spring up from trade shows/conventions, like, a keynote speaker uses it on a slide or something and all of the sudden it implants itself into the soft brains of the audience, only to wriggle out and plop down on the main conference room table back at work.

• Like 1

He doesn't HAVE an ass.  That's one of the things we're transplanting!

1 minute ago, roleki said:

I can't confirm it, but my theory is that these temporary vernacular blips spring up from trade shows/conventions, like, a keynote speaker uses it on a slide or something and all of the sudden it implants itself into the soft brains of the audience, only to wriggle out and plop down on the main conference room table back at work.

This is happens in corporations with great regularity; Marketing being possibly the worst offender? I could name off many examples, but this might sum it up best:

I'm always stunned that people can speak this gibberish with sincerity like it actually means something…

• Like 3

When my sister and I went to college, 'big ol' entered our vernacular as a description of size and drove my mom crazy.  When my kids were in elementary or junior high, 'what had happened was' became the way to describe events.  I still use it to drive the kids (grown) nuts 😀

• Haha 1