Biggest pet peeves...

killigraphy

9 minutes ago, MunkiLord said:

Speaking of iced tea, sweet tea gross. Its very existence bothers me.

It has to be made right. You can't just put sugar in cold tea. But I can understand why. I don't like it over-sweetened. I live in between the South and the North and I never know what a new restaurant will have.

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

One thing that really bugs me is when a video game - any video game, has these annoying/time wasting animations or cut scenes that you must sit through and cannot skip.  For instance, if I want to enter a door in CoH, but another player or NPC has opened the door, you have to sit there and wait for the door opening & closing animation, before you can go through, and heaven help you if you happen to click on said door during that time frame!  😣

Edited by biostem

19 minutes ago, ImpousVileTerror said:

Calling soda-pop "Coke."

I was born and raised on the east coast (USA), but moved to the midwest a couple of decades ago.  The first week I was here, I went to the grocery store and the cashier asked me: "Do you want your pop in a sack?"

I replied: "No, but I do want my soda in a bag." 

(What does my father have to do with this?)

• Haha 2

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

52 minutes ago, Frostbiter said:

It has to be made right. You can't just put sugar in cold tea. But I can understand why. I don't like it over-sweetened. I live in between the South and the North and I never know what a new restaurant will have.

I agree there. Gotta add the sugar when the tea is still hot. I just don't like iced tea at all, and sweet tea I find even worse. That makes me a bad Texan I'm pretty sure.

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, MunkiLord said:

I agree there. Gotta add the sugar when the tea is still hot. I just don't like iced tea at all, and sweet tea I find even worse. That makes me a bad Texan I'm pretty sure.

I don't like iced or sweet tea either so we can be bad texans together 😁

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MunkiLord said:

Being Southern, I think I'm required by tradition to insult your ancestors and challenge you to a duel or something now... But since I don't actually put sugar in tea myself, I have something of a conflict.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

13 minutes ago, Coyotedancer said:

Being Southern, I think I'm required by tradition to insult your ancestors and challenge you to a duel or something now... But since I don't actually put sugar in tea myself, I have something of a conflict.

You could try insulting his dueling and challenging him to an ancestry.

Not sure how that'll work, but while you two are busy figuring it out, I'mma gonna steal me some fries 😛

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Coyote said:

You could try insulting his dueling and challenging him to an ancestry.

Not sure how that'll work, but while you two are busy figuring it out, I'mma gonna steal me some fries 😛

I think that's how most couples find out their spouse is their cousin these days.

I'll show myself out now.

• Haha 3

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

2 hours ago, Frostbiter said:

Ordering iced tea in a restaurant and getting peach flavored iced tea. 

On the subject of ketchup; it goes on almost everything. I use it as dip for potato chips and everyone seems to thinks thats weird but they're potatos. 

2 hours ago, MunkiLord said:

1 hour ago, MunkiLord said:

40 minutes ago, EmmySky said:

I don't like iced or sweet tea either so we can be bad texans together 😁

33 minutes ago, Coyotedancer said:

Wait, so, I'm the only one here that drinks water?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, EmmySky said:

Very common convo in my college dorm on the third floor:

Hey I'm going down to the machine to get a coke, you want one?

Sure.

What kind?

Dr. Pepper.

Same here. Well, used to be. Haven’t heard this since I left Texas 3 years ago.

• Like 1

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

3 hours ago, MunkiLord said:

I’m originally from the San Antonio area, and spent my last 10 years in the state near Austin. Finally cut ties and moved. I do not miss all that stupid heat (nor the perpetual wearing of flip-flops by everybody. They’re not for goin’ out on the town, y’all).

• Like 1

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

5 hours ago, Frostbiter said:

Ordering iced tea in a restaurant and getting peach flavored iced tea. 

Me: Iced tea please.
Server:  Would you like Peach or Raspberry?
Me: I would like Tea-flavoured tea.

This has been my conversation with servers on multiple occasions.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

3 hours ago, Oubliette_Red said:

Me: Iced tea please.
Server:  Would you like Peach or Raspberry?
Me: I would like Tea-flavoured tea.

This has been my conversation with servers on multiple occasions.

So, basically, the tea version of 'would Pepsi be alright?'

• Like 1

This:

HIT Button Man Gunner! Your Power Blast power had a 95.00% chance to hit, you rolled a 73.46.
MISSED Button Man Gunner!! Your Power Bolt power had a 95.00% chance to hit, you rolled a 95.54.
HIT Button Man Gunner! Your Power Blast power was forced to hit by streakbreaker.
MISSED Button Man Gunner!! Your Power Bolt power had a 95.00% chance to hit, you rolled a 95.67.
HIT Button Man Gunner! Your Energy Torrent power was forced to hit by streakbreaker.
MISSED Button Man Gunner!! Your Sniper Blast power had a 95.00% chance to hit, you rolled a 98.78.
HIT Button Man Gunner! Your Power Bolt power was forced to hit by streakbreaker.
HIT Button Man Gunner! Your Power Blast power had a 95.00% chance to hit, you rolled a 14.65.
MISSED Button Man Gunner!! Your Power Bolt power had a 95.00% chance to hit, you rolled a 95.47.
HIT Button Man Gunner! Your Sniper Blast power was forced to hit by streakbreaker.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Sovera said:

So, basically, the tea version of 'would Pepsi be alright?'

I've had that conversation too.

"I'll have iced tea."

"We only have flavored ice tea, is that ok?"

"I'll have a coke."

"We only carry Pepsi products."

"I'll take an orange juice."

"Orange juice is $2 for a small and $4 for a large."

"...."