Energy melee revert energy transfer to pre-issue 13

Voltor

was never a fan of the hold up both fists and charge up animation/time that they changed it to with issue 13.

It used to be  rapid punch with a glowing fist, similar to falcon punch or the iron fist.

Can we please get that back?

Edited by Voltor
  • Like 7

25 alts with all the badges!

1 hour ago, Voltor said:

was never a fan of the hold up both fists and charge up animation/time that they changed it to with issue 13.

It sued to be  rapid punch with a glowing fist, similar to falcon punch or the iron fist.

I think like a lot of people a change even close to this would be like a plesant walk down memory lane...

Only with glowing fists of death rapidly punching holes in bad guys.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Galaxy Brain said:

Nah, make it even longer. I want to see my enemies cower as I look at both fists before they kasplode

Yeah, you know the old saying. "Check, check, and double check!" Right now we only look at our fists once each, when our characters really should look four times apiece. You know, for safety!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Seriously when you start charging energy transfer to take down a target and the rest of team spams attacks that take the target down before energy transfer discharges, you know there is a problem with the power.

• Like 6

Also for those that have forgotten what Energy Transfer was like pre ish 13, I suspect a quick scan of youtube will reveal many videos prior to issue 13.

My problem isn't with the entire set, just energy transfer. The rest of the set is quite viable, but the fact that its strongest attack is now so messed up in terms of attack time that it is almost tempting to not take that power.

• Like 1

Or better yet, a compromise of sorts,   bring back the classic energy transfer power and make it selectable in power customization for the energy melee set or else make a set called Classic Energy Melee that has the original version of the power in it.  Either way, players get a CHOICE which one they want.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Voltor said:

Also for those that have forgotten what Energy Transfer was like pre ish 13, I suspect a quick scan of youtube will reveal many videos prior to issue 13.

My problem isn't with the entire set, just energy transfer. The rest of the set is quite viable, but the fact that its strongest attack is now so messed up in terms of attack time that it is almost tempting to not take that power.

Ehhh Whirling Hands is pretty mediocre but I think the point was that EM was always a single-target powerhouse with lackluster AoE and now it's just lackluster in both.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

On 8/29/2020 at 3:11 PM, Voltor said:

The animation is still in the game, just play a Power Thrusting Energy Manipulation Blaster.

Also Total Focus is in a much worse spot than ET is, with DPA a snudge lower than Bonesmasher on melee sets, and in an even worse spot on blasters.

Edited by DreadShinobi

Currently on fire.

Just now, DreadShinobi said:

The animation is still in the game, just play a Power Thrusting Energy Manipulation Blaster.

Also Total Focus is in a much worse spot than ET is, with DPA a snudge lower than Bonesmasher.

Yeah i have an energy manipulation blaster so that power is a nice throwback, as to Total Focus, it could use a boost but Energy Transfer was the one power in the set that was wrecked with the ish 13 changes

ET still has by far the best DPA of any attack in Energy Melee, despite the long animation time.  Total Focus is quite a bit worse off than Energy Transfer, though its arcanatime DPA is slightly better than Bonesmasher.  Here's a spreadsheet showing displayed and true DPA for Energy Melee, Martial Arts, and War Mace:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Wzj1VBlH9NGqAO01Y8QSz4DBBVLzqkQ6aENtaF9bYnI/edit?usp=sharing

• Like 1

I'll toss my worthless name onto the pyre for this as well.  My main during the Live days was an EM stalker who got saddled with this change just as I hit 50.  I rarely played him after that.  Sure would be nice to remake him and be able to actually play him.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

5 hours ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

I'll toss my worthless name onto the pyre for this as well.  My main during the Live days was an EM stalker who got saddled with this change just as I hit 50.  I rarely played him after that.  Sure would be nice to remake him and be able to actually play him.

I still used my energy melee alts after the change,  just didn't use energy transfer as much. 

Recreated one,  brought it to 50 but have set it aside in the faint hope that HC would revert the power to pre ish 13 whil I work some new character concepts and rebuild my badge hunters

Edited by Voltor
  • Like 1

Give dominator energy melee gimmick (obviously adjust so it works with just melee)

Make energy transfer AoE like bab (adjust numbers so not too OP)

Make stun a small cone so you can stun 1-3 enemies if you line it up correctly.

Energy Melee 2.0...3.0?...4.0? whatever.

Edited by Lilium

On 8/29/2020 at 3:08 AM, Voltor said:

Seriously when you start charging energy transfer to take down a target and the rest of team spams attacks that take the target down before energy transfer discharges, you know there is a problem with the power.

I got so tired of that after the change that I just stopped using my 2 most powerful attacks on teams outside of AV or EB fights.  At least then I was doing damage to the mobs instead of just myself that way. 

On 8/28/2020 at 8:05 AM, Voltor said:

It used to be  rapid punch with a glowing fist, similar to falcon punch or the iron fist.

I actually thought that was the worse part of the nerf.  Hate that animation.

This would be a great change, it would be nice to see more variety in the sets people choose. There’s likely a few other melee sets (and power sets in general) which could do with some love

We have some great data from the dev team on the most popular and least popular sets/ATs, perhaps we need a working group to review the bottom 2 sets/ATs and think of sensible ways to revamp them

Edited by MoonSheep

On 8/30/2020 at 12:06 AM, Voltor said:

Or better yet, a compromise of sorts,   bring back the classic energy transfer power and make it selectable in power customization for the energy melee set or else make a set called Classic Energy Melee that has the original version of the power in it.  Either way, players get a CHOICE which one they want.

I remember the old.  My duo partner had it on his En' Melee tank.

I like the new.  But it can seem on the posey long side.  I don't mind that much.  I like its theatre.

Maybe even more crippling damage for it?

Azrael.