RIP Titan Weapons

Murcielago

Do you have the link to the details

Edited by hejtmane

FlashBack to old days: Pinnacle

Langar Thurs-Katana/SR 50; Hejtmane-DM/DA 50

Rogue Spear-Spines/DA 50; Hypnosis-Ill/Rad 50

Sir Thomas Theroux-DM/SR 50; Melted Copper-Fire/Shield 50; Byzantine Warrior-DB/ELA 50; Blade Tempo-50 DB/EA

1 hour ago, Murcielago said:

It looks like TW is going to get hit with the nerf bat. Let's all discuss some of the grossly overpowered accomplishments TW has done in the past. 

I think it a bit premature to cry doom over this.  To be honest, I rolled one and I simply do not see what all the fuss is about.  It was painful to level and at 50 is so far out shined by faster sets, I just do not see where the appeal is personally.

• Like 3

I farmed up a stone tank to 50 so I have no idea about low level problems.

From my usage TW is constant attacks. It is in no way slow. How can a set with 1 sec activation time be slow? Just switch between momentum attacks.

Regarding the nerf..well bring it on so we can adjust like all the other nerfs.

I know the sets strong but it felt so clunky to me playing TW.  Then again that  is a personal preference issue not that the set is over or under powered issue.

• Like 1

FlashBack to old days: Pinnacle

Langar Thurs-Katana/SR 50; Hejtmane-DM/DA 50

Rogue Spear-Spines/DA 50; Hypnosis-Ill/Rad 50

Sir Thomas Theroux-DM/SR 50; Melted Copper-Fire/Shield 50; Byzantine Warrior-DB/ELA 50; Blade Tempo-50 DB/EA

4 hours ago, ShardWarrior said:

I think it a bit premature to cry doom over this.  To be honest, I rolled one and I simply do not see what all the fuss is about.  It was painful to level and at 50 is so far out shined by faster sets, I just do not see where the appeal is personally.

You are not playing the same TW that others are playing. Let's take a closer look at those animation times:

Power // W/out momentum // With momentum

Def Sweep           2.2s    // 1s         

Crushing Blow     2s      // 1.2s

Titan Sweep         2.43s // 1s

Follow Through   *        // 1s

Rend Armor         2.3s  //  1.3s

Whirling Smash   *       //   1s

Arc of Des.           2.7s  //   1.5s

Momentum lasts for 5 seconds when granted by an attack or 10 seconds when granted by Build Momentum.

The set can suffer when 'trash clearing' where it may not be able to smash its way through a full 5 or 10 seconds before everything is dead or you need to move. The set is also a completely different to play leveling when you do not have your recovery and recharge sorted out, meaning button mashing through your momentum cycle can be very hard on your blue bar, and your recharge may not allow an optimal dps chain or optimal mitigation via knockdowns. Pre-50 you also don't typically have 95% accuracy all the time and missing on your momentum building attack can be devastating. Post 50 with IOs and incarnates, the set is just gross and disgusting levels of smashing damage, with very little drawback. 

One of my favorite things to do with my TW/Bio scrapper is taking him to hami raids (where you can't even use Arc of Destruction when flying) and solo 2 yellow mitos before the other 7+ heroes on the melee team can kill the other 4 yellow mitos. Rend Armor damage is really just that disgusting. 

• Like 2

Currently on fire.

As it was asked for source on the matter of DOOM^TM:

A bit down in the post there's a note specifically about reworking Titan Weapons specifically "in the near future." We've gone from "we'll be looking at this" to "it's happening."

To me it sounds like TW will be nerfed, yes, but it's also going to be fundamentally changed (In my strong but humble opinion, by reading exactly how they worded things). I think the vast majority of people who want to play TW but don't, skip the set because of the momentum mechanic. It just feels... bad.

A suggestion I made was to keep momentum, but shift how it works.

First, a flat damage nerf across the board of 25%. Holy shit, that's a lot right? Well...

Second, you take the powers you have from idle... and speed up all their base non-momentum activation times up by 50%. Then, once a power is activated, you build up momentum to attack 5% faster each time you attack, up to a max of say.... 75%? Build up can give 5-15%.  That way, you end up attacking even faster than you did before for some super insane burst. But eventually, your cooldowns (or endurance. Or both) will catch up to you and you'll have to slow down or lose the momentum.

I'm not even close to a numbers girl, so fudge with the numbers a little bit, but I like the concept. The set is still strong (while not 45 second pylon time disgusting overpowered) and the set feels (and would be) faster. I think it will still be near the top in sustained DPS, but it will still have that kings crown for burst damage (as it should, imo)

Edited by Pizzamurai
stuff
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Pizzamurai said:

I think the vast majority of people who want to play TW but don't, skip the set because of the momentum mechanic. It just feels... bad.

We have a winner.

Devs, please don't make Energy Melee a set I don't want to play either by adding a momentum mechanic there as well.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, DreadShinobi said:

You are not playing the same TW that others are playing.

Clearly I am and clearly I have a preference in playing other sets.  I do not like the momentum mechanic.  It is ok for soloing although I prefer my StrJ character more, and it most certainly is not my choice for teaming up.  I know it is difficult to have people disagree with you, but that is life.

Edited by ShardWarrior
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, ShardWarrior said:

Clearly I am and clearly I have a preference in playing other sets.  I do not like the momentum mechanic.  It is ok for soloing although I prefer my StrJ character more, and it most certainly is not my choice for teaming up.  I know it is difficult to have people disagree with you, but that is life.

Oh my did you get offended and had to make a post just to state that?

• Confused 2

Currently on fire.

14 hours ago, ShardWarrior said:

Yes, there was.  Since there is only one TW power set in the game, quite obviously I am playing the same one everyone else is.  I simply do not care for it. 

I don't care for it either, but it is hands down the most effective single target melee damage set in the game.   If you mean "outshined by faster sets" in a purely AOE sense, I can agree that Mace seems faster.

My problem with it is that TW looks stupid.  That's a subjective criticism, and you may feel differently, but I had to steal the IOs out of mine for a toon I enjoyed more.  The weapons are goofy looking at that size, and the animations are really bad.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Deuce Spade said:

I don't care for it either, but it is hands down the most effective single target melee damage set in the game.   If you mean "outshined by faster sets" in a purely AOE sense, I can agree that Mace seems faster.

My problem with it is that TW looks stupid.  That's a subjective criticism, and you may feel differently, but I had to steal the IOs out of mine for a toon I enjoyed more.  The weapons are goofy looking at that size, and the animations are really bad.

I could not agree more.  What you have said here sums up my feelings on TW as well. 

• Like 1

every time there's 1-2 baddies left in a mob, momentum is down, & i'm about to hop into the next... i look at my team & say to myself "one of you will finish that, right?". and then i don't want to be "that guy", so i cue an attack & watch the target die before i animate.

also, there's no "saving" a squishy teammate with a fast hop & attack to the baddie standing over them. somethin that Katana & Claw accel at.

...still, gonna miss my TW/Rad as it is. when you keep the beast fed with +Rech & targets, it's appetite only grows. nothin else wrecks shop & lays waste like it.

• Thumbs Up 1

i m 99,99% sure that the devs cannot allow the top played AT to become complete trash.

IMHO, TW will become more accessible to beginners and more powerfull for low non optimal budget build (90% of the TW player base) and less powerfull for min maxer.

When you know the set it would be so easy to make happened.

Just another French Player

So Excuse my old, bad and too french English !

Join THE COSMIC COUNCIL !!!

https://discord.gg/DVksJ4N

I'm going to continue looking at this falling sky from the perspective of "If I don't have to change my slotting, and my attack chain still works, then frankly I don't care what happens to it." I suspect many will probably (ultimately) fall into this category.

• Like 3