Rest in Peace GM Cyclone / Robotech_Master

Jimmy

• City Council

Hello all,

Unfortunately one of our own, @GM Cyclone, also known as @Robotech_Master, was the victim of a tragic hit-and-run accident late last week. He had been receiving treatment over the past few days, but unfortunately he passed away this morning.

Cyclone was a tireless contributor to the community, both through his time spent as a Game Master and the countless guides he'd written. He will be sorely missed.

A memorial has been set up in Ouroboros on Torchbearer, his home server, for those who wish to pay their respects.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 54

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

• Retired Lead Game Master

2020 is terrible.

Cyclone started as a GM just after me. So so many times I posted his helpful guides to players. He really loved this game.

I can only hope he didn't suffer after the accident. From the sound of the accident he just... was not there from the moment of impact. I'm at least thankful for that.
He originally wanted to be GM Mospeada, but I totally busted him to Cipher for copyright before he started  
I was really looking forward to him watching the new Mospeada anime that hasn't come out yet, but I guess he won't be able to see it now. Damn his obsession with bikes. I just wish they were as armored as the "Cyclone" ones in the show he loved.

He did so much both as a player and a GM. He will be greatly missed by me and all of the community. I'm glad his writings and guides are still helping people.

Please check out his works and guides. It made him happy every time they helped someone.

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/11218-r_ms-guide-to-r_ms-guides/  

screenshot_201014-16-43-09_1.thumb.jpg.df85e7de12551b5c7891e596bdc10f20.jpg

Edited by GM Kal
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 6

We will miss your humor and your willingness and desire to help the community that you loved. Rest in peace. 

Cyclone2.thumb.png.b0cd7a61bf049da7927ea273ca4b8ff6.png

Edited by GM Miss
  • Like 8
  • Sad 3

Contact me on Discord (Miss#1337) for a faster response!

Want more information on lore pets?

Want to get involved in our weekly discussions on discord or the forums?

My condolences to his friends and family. As someone who lost someone close to them to a drunk driver I know this kind of loss to be sudden and painful. God Bless you and be with you.

• Like 2

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

• City Council

We, both the community and the GM team, have lost a valuable member. I don’t really have the words to express why but, we all know it by the work he put in to help members both as a player and as a GM.

RIP Cyclone. 

Edited by GM Conviction
  • Like 6
  • Sad 2

So sorry to hear this. He will be missed deeply. I wish I knew him more, he will love (live on is what I meant, but that works also) through his guides and people's memories of him. And maybe a memorial in game?

Edited by Nerio72
autocorrect
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, Nerio72 said:

So sorry to hear this. He will be missed deeply. I wish I knew him more, he will love (live on is what I meant, but that works also) through his guides and people's memories of him. And maybe a memorial in game?

Anyone know of a character he played? His favorite CoX Zone? I think that could make a fitting tribute.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, CursedSorcerer said:

Anyone know of a character he played? His favorite CoX Zone? I think that could make a fitting tribute.

I hope this is taken in the spirit it's meant, perhaps a new Memorial NPC a la Ascendant & Luna etc? Paragon Dance Party could do with a presence. Yeah, I know, too soon, but your mind races around when you hear these things.

Edit.  Was writing and posting when the above appeared.  Crossed over there.

Edited by Darmian
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

He was always on Torchbearer with his player account handing out Influence and Superpacks as gifts to new players like mad. He always loved getting new players going.

• Like 10

• City Council

Thanks to you, new heroes rise in this city; with your voice and guides to show them the way.

Thanks to you, Paragon is in good hands.

Your time on patrol has come to an end; rest well, friend. Thank you. 

• Like 6
  • Sad 4

Please contact me on the Homecoming Discord for a faster response! Arcanum#7164

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

Upon finding homecoming and coming back to CoH, Robo was one of the first new friends I'd made. I'm so glad now that I had the pleasure of playing with him. He was without a doubt one of the most helpful and generous players. I'll never forget him supplying everyone on the team with money for a Team Transport Power who didn't already have one, so we could complete our Dr. Q TF with speed and ease.

Rest in Peace Robo... you will live on in our memories and hearts.

• Like 3

Excelsior:

🎯 Nifty - Elec/Shield Stalker | Corporeal - Time/Fire Defender |💪 Sturdy - SS/Inv Tanker

💫 Humiliation - Fire/Fire Blaster |💚 Cinema - Fire/Kin Corruptor |💀 Heat Loss - Ice/Cold Corruptor

Torchbearer:

👊Nifty - MA/SR Scrapper

I'd known him for years and years going back to the old City_of_Heroes Livejournal community days, he was always as helpful as he'd been here on Homecoming. This is such a dang tragedy. SUCH a tragedy. Rest in peace, Chris. You will be forever missed.

• Like 2

• Retired Game Master

This is such unhappy news.  GM Cyclone / Robotech_Master loved COH and contributed so much to the game and this community, both as player and GM
He will be sorely missed.   My heartfelt condolences go out to his family and friends.   /em holdtorch

• Like 6
  • Sad 5