Focused Feedback: Asymmetrical Shoulders

Jimmy

• City Council

This is a Focused Feedback Thread

• Please note that Focused Feedback threads are heavily moderated to ensure they remain on topic.
    • Any off-topic posts in these threads will be removed without warning.
    • The thread will be locked when no more feedback is required, but you are more than welcome to continue the discussion in a new thread.
  • The most up-to-date version of the changes will be listed in the first post.
  • The changes in each build will be posted as replies.
    • Most changes from the previous beta build are listed in green.
      • Green text will become white text in the next set of patch notes.
    • Any changes or fixes that are only relevant to the beta builds (ie: fixes / tweaks to new features) are listed in blue.
      • Blue text will be deleted in the next set of patch notes as it is only relevant to highlight changes between beta builds, not a changes from live.
    • Known issues are listed in purple.

Costume Editor Update: Asymmetrical Shoulders

• Shoulders now have an asymmetrical toggle, which can be toggled on to allow separate left and right shoulder selection
    • Not every set of shoulders are available in asymmetrical mode, more will be added in future updates
    • All shoulder options remain available in symmetrical mode
  • The Kitten and Panda shoulder options are now available for Male and Huge characters

Changes in this build:

•  Fixed a subtle smoothing issue in Justice pads for Male and Female

unknown.png.c5acbc5575e09816eb5bc6716e1aaacf.png

costume_huge_1.thumb.png.6c970292e275181daa203c613e5055b4.pngcostume_male_1.thumb.png.c86460505404394e021b266862d09e93.pngcostume_female_1.thumb.png.001fd1633844f1ffdc2dce094c251b7b.png

costume_female_2.thumb.png.2f634095607d9a2cb89505a9f1b3c83b.pngcostume_huge_2.thumb.png.7be6d6a40eaf9332b4a054e52af397ba.pngcostume_male_2.thumb.png.3cfc702603af788e9feb9f0198a6bd90.png

Yes, two kittens

• Thanks 1

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

• City Council

Build 1 - October 24th, 2020

Spoiler

• Shoulders now have an asymmetrical toggle, which can be toggled on to allow separate left and right shoulder selection
    • Not every set of shoulders are available in asymmetrical mode, more will be added in future updates
  • The Kitten and Panda shoulder options are now available for Male and Huge characters

costume_huge_1.thumb.png.6c970292e275181daa203c613e5055b4.pngcostume_male_1.thumb.png.c86460505404394e021b266862d09e93.pngcostume_female_1.thumb.png.001fd1633844f1ffdc2dce094c251b7b.png

costume_female_2.thumb.png.2f634095607d9a2cb89505a9f1b3c83b.pngcostume_huge_2.thumb.png.7be6d6a40eaf9332b4a054e52af397ba.pngcostume_male_2.thumb.png.3cfc702603af788e9feb9f0198a6bd90.png

Yes, two kittens

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

Request: Can we please get Gladiator shoulder pads split into Gladiator 1 and Gladiator 2 (the current left and right sides)? Place them in both asymmetrical sides (left and right). I have wanted to be able to do this since Issue 1. It shouldn't be too hard to do and it would make me incredibly happy. Keep up the great work guys!

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Mr Pierce said:

Request: Can we please get Gladiator shoulder pads split into Gladiator 1 and Gladiator 2 (the current left and right sides)? Place them in both asymmetrical sides (left and right). I have wanted to be able to do this since Issue 1. It shouldn't be too hard to do and it would make me incredibly happy. Keep up the great work guys!

Yeah, I'm gonna be honest, I personally look forward to the asymmetrical costume option features mostly because it will let you make symmetrical costumes using normally asymmetrical options, like the peg legs and pirate hooks.

Neat.

I still want the Carnie masks for men, even if it means having to wait ten years for them to be able to make masculine versions

Edited by Shadeknight

unknown.png

alright buddy, it's time to shit yourself
casts earthquake, activates dispersion bubble

Messing around with shoulder pieces, for some reason a bunch of the shoulder pieces get borked when on a huge body. They are *MUCH* bigger than their normal symmetrical counterparts and some of them, such as justice plates and valkyrie are kinda messed up. I tested this on some other upper body options because I was using robotic arms and this seems to be the same.  See below.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Here's how Justice Plates look by comparison:

spacer.png

spacer.png

"All thoughts of retreat are discarded as counterproductive, there is no other course of action but to press on. You've been caught in an unseen orbit, around a power you cannot possibly fathom."

Everlasting - Gradivus, Amarillo Starlight, Hullbreak, Hyperblink, Matchlight
Previously on Guardian, Triumph, Liberty, and Freedom

Double kittens!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

Going through my thoughts, gladiator missing, check

Some issues with huge scaling, check

Double plushies (don't forget the panda), check

Desire for a neck slot for neck chain, corsair collar, arachnos collar, etc, check

What I wanted to say has been covered. Looking forward to this on live

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation

• City Council

Build 2 - October 31st, 2020

Changes in this build:

• Fixed male "Ascension" texture issue in asymmetry mode
  • Fixed male "Evil Epaulets" alignment issue in asymmetry mode
  • Fixed huge "Justice" scale in asymmetry mode
  • Added "Gladiator (Small)" and "Gladiator (Large)" as asymmetric shoulder options

Yes, two kittens

• Thanks 1

Gladiator small, and Gladiator large! Thank you!

I recall for asymmetrical gloves and boots, there was someone working tirelessly to split all those in half. Whoever that was, thank you very, very much! And if it is the same thing for the shoulder pieces, thank you very, very much!

Next up... asymmetrical faces? Legs? Multiple auras?

I love you people!