Subtlely buff your favorite build

KaizenSoze

Subtly?

... ok, I get how this might work on Dwarf form, but what about Nova?

tw.jpg

• Haha 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

Psi melee insight, procs more often on mass levitate the Psi sword sweep which says more often; acts more like an IO proc.  15 seconds up 15 sec down, would rather be a combo builder.. The boggle power is kind of pointless as you are trying to kill stuff not make it your friend and expect insight to go off.  The BU power doesn't trigger insight but it triggers in the savage melee version, which I swear will remove the exhaust mechanic as soon as it activates and the BU adds 5 right after it again.  Insight Strike which is like scrapper crits is so random when it crits on my brute, I can't rely on it.

• Like 1

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

15 hours ago, KaizenSoze said:

Night Widow/Fortunata - Reduce the re-hide timer. Would allow for more stealth criticals. Increasing damage without changing any attacks.

I would love it if ranged attacks could crit on widows. It's a mechanic they have but it's oddly restricted to melee.

• Like 2
Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern Shadow Self Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Warshade Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas

Just have some worthwhile sets to slot into slow powers. Having an entire group of powers that you only one slot with a 50 IO and leave it at that is just silly.

• Like 4
  • Victory: reserved for future use
  • Indom: Schtick, Pummel Pete, Plymouth, Pilkington
  • Reunion: Ghost Legacy, 7s7e7v7e7n7, Mind Funk, Bluto
  • Excelsior: Phrendon Largo, Fred Bumbler, John van der Waals,Allamedia Jones, Tzapt, Sn1pe
  • Torchbearer: Phrendon Largo, Kenny Letter,  Bewm, La Merle, Enflambe', Rock Largo, Bulk of the Weather, Retired Phrendon
  • Everlasting: Phrendon Largo, Krown, Buzz Words, Bicycle Repairman, Dee Fender, Carmela Soprano, Radmental Boy, Beet Salad, Sporanghi,Sue Ahn Cuddy, Fukushima Technician, Snow Globe Girl, Thug Therapist, Apple Brown Betty

1 hour ago, Umagon 23 said:

I would make rad melee powers animate faster. they're painfully slow!

Yes please! I love rad melee but man do some of those powers feel like they need a reduction in animation time.

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

15 hours ago, Outrider_01 said:

Psi melee insight, procs more often on mass levitate the Psi sword sweep which says more often; acts more like an IO proc.  15 seconds up 15 sec down, would rather be a combo builder.. The boggle power is kind of pointless as you are trying to kill stuff not make it your friend and expect insight to go off.  The BU power doesn't trigger insight but it triggers in the savage melee version, which I swear will remove the exhaust mechanic as soon as it activates and the BU adds 5 right after it again.  Insight Strike which is like scrapper crits is so random when it crits on my brute, I can't rely on it.

You are correct, Savage's "Build-Up" power refreshes 5 stacks and disengages the lock-out.  Psi "BU" should do the same, remove the lockout and grant Insight.  Insight should add either +Acc or +To-Hit as missing with ML or GPB is very costly in terms of dps, and while Psi Melee has common base accuracy (no weapon set buff, for example) it also feels like it misses more often than it should as each miss is sorely .... uh ... missed.

Boggle's cottage should be burned to the ground.  There's no other source of Confuse in the set with which to stack it, and the short duration renders it worthless.  If it is to remain a single-target control then it should at least be a Hold that can stack against the Hold in GPB.  Even better would be a "Siphon Life" style power, single target, minor heal when it hits.  (Psychic Siphon?) That would actually be, you know, useful.

If it is to be a Confuse, then it should be a medium radius toggle with a base target cap of 10 for most ATs, maybe with a mag level that only affects minions or maybe Lts with a weakness against controls. This would actually be incredibly useful, unique, and not entire razing of the proverbial "cottage."  Seeing it go the same route as Touch of Fear in i27p1 beta (limited T-AoE where the control only affects the target) would be just as terrible* as it is currently.

Make Boggle a Toggle.  It even has a nice alliteration to it.

* = Edit:  Status of ToF Beta may have changed between when I last read patch notes and when I wrote this post.  Last I checked though it wasn't in a good place and was under review.

Edited by InvaderStych
  • Like 1

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

33 minutes ago, TygerDarkstorm said:

Yes please! I love rad melee but man do some of those powers feel like they need a reduction in animation time.

to emphesize this , i wanted to add. I played a water melee blaster briefly and i was IN LOVE with the powerset. For no more reason that when i hit a button, the effect happened in a half second. it was glorious. i would prefer if most powersets work like this, ESPECIALLY melee where some times you run up to and by foes. i know build up can be thematically apropriate but "hit person hard with fist" should happen fast. balance things, but let the game be fluid and smooth.

* wanders in with a small silver box, decorated with a bright blue ribbon and bow *

* hands it to Bahir the Not-a-Kheldian-But-Built-as-a-Peacebringer human-only/perma-lightform "photonic Sentinel" heliomancer *

* grins and says "Here you go, dude. Three more Enhancement slots. Have fun." *

(Yeah. There were some annoying compromises made in that build. Three more slots? That would have addressed the issue nicely.)

Edited by Coyotedancer

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

unrelated to my previous comment:

I would loooove it if super reflexes had "stand up from knockdown faster". For whatever reason my mind is endlessly amused when my SR tanker is flung out of the fight like a ragdoll, then gets up and goes back to it. People advise me to slot to immunity to knockdown, but I love the character of it.

I would LOOOOOVE if some part of SR made you 'almost instantly' leap up ready to go so that your cute little SR character can get ragdolled out of the fight, then leaps up and runs back in. so flavorful!

1 hour ago, Umagon 23 said:

I would LOOOOOVE if some part of SR made you 'almost instantly' leap up ready to go so that your cute little SR character can get ragdolled out of the fight, then leaps up and runs back in. so flavorful!

Love it.

I'd forgo KB/KD protection for a functional "KB/KD to immediate Kip-Up" IO or power on many toons just for the fun of it.

F8YH6y.gif

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

1 hour ago, Coyotedancer said:

* wanders in with a small silver box, decorated with a bright blue ribbon and bow *

* hands it to Bahir the Not-a-Kheldian-But-Built-as-a-Peacebringer human-only/perma-lightform "photonic Sentinel" heliomancer *

* grins and says "Here you go, dude. Three more Enhancement slots. Have fun." *

(Yeah. There were some annoying compromises made in that build. Three more slots? That would have addressed the issue nicely.)

On this note:

- Incandescence and Absorption get Mag 3 Mez Protection to all.

- Eclipse gets Mag 1 Mez protection to all for every enemy hit.

• Like 1

Mostly on Torchbearer, but if you ever see me on, feel free to say hello!

Astral.Kai - Peacebringer; Dark.Enforcer - Dark/Shield Scrapper; Spark.Enforcer - Electrical/Shield Scrapper; Shadow.Reign - Dark/Regen Brute;

Glitter - Warshade;

And others to be added as I get them up to snuff, lol!

A few faster animations wouldn't hurt.  Psi and Rad Blast could use some more attack speed in some of their powers (Scream, Tornado, Haze, and Bomb specifically).  Rad Melee could use some more speed too, but I think there's a reason they're sluggish with the contamination gimmick but at least they feel super satisfying to land, especially Radiation Siphon ans Atom Smasher.

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

On 11/19/2020 at 7:31 AM, KC4800 said:

Just have some worthwhile sets to slot into slow powers. Having an entire group of powers that you only one slot with a 50 IO and leave it at that is just silly.

They don't even need to craft new ones, just tweak the existing sets so the bonuses aren't complete turds.  

• Like 1

He doesn't HAVE an ass.  That's one of the things we're transplanting!

On 11/19/2020 at 9:24 AM, InvaderStych said:

feels like it misses more often than it should as each miss is sorely .... uh ... missed.

Agree with that, even with the BU up and tactics (assault is worthless compared to a red) my farm psi/fire brute seems to miss that one hard hit

On 11/19/2020 at 9:24 AM, InvaderStych said:

Make Boggle a Toggle.  It even has a nice alliteration to it.

Would be nice for it to be a damage toggle like Spines or Rad; there is a total of 2 in every melee set.  A debuff added like slow.

Also remembered, the animations seem clunky.  ML is slower then Foot Stomp.  Greater Psi blade has the hang time of a PBAoE attack, but single target, seems like it should be just a little bit faster

Would like to see Psi Blade Sweep as a PBAoE, otherwise the set is just Super Strength with different animations and an exotic damage type which is resisted more than smashing.

Edited by Outrider_01
  • Like 1

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

Give Warshades the Dark Melee treatment.

Frontload Sunless Mire to grant 50% +damage for first target hit, 10.416% for each target there after. Adjust max target count to 7 max, down from 10. (Similar to Soul Drain)
Max damage buff remains the same as current, but requires less saturation.

Add Mez protection to Eclipse; Mag 3.11 to Hold, Immob, Stun, Sleep for first target hit. (Same mag values as Light Form. ) 

Give Essence Drain the Siphon Life buff.
End cost  reduced to 10.19 down from 15.6
Recharge reduced to 10 sec at base down from 15
Damage increased to 92.65 up from 47.27 (92.65 base damage same as Radiant Strike for PB)
Cast time and 10% heal remain the same.

Fix the Dark Extraction AI that causes Essences to charge into melee despite having ZERO melee abilities.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1