PSA: New Mids has been released

Bopper

5 hours ago, Sailboat said:

Can you tell me how to do it?  Can't figure out if it works or not when I don't know what to do.

Ingame command is : /buildsave   or  /buildsave filename.txt

Then using Mid's open file , navigate to your Homecoming\USERNAME\Builds\  

Mine looks like this: ‪C:\Games\HC\accounts\username\Builds\

But be sure to change the drop down box to txt files

:tttttss.jpg.495c4fe067969d618be52261eea9a8ca.jpg

11 minutes ago, Xandyr said:

I can not save any builds. I currently now have Mids open with a new build for a Staff/SR Brute. I've attempted to "Save" and "Save As" 3 times each and I get an error.

When I lick "Continue", the error disappears but the build has not been saved.

Capture.JPG

Uninstalled old .NET Framework, and reinstalled. Seems to have fixed issue.

• Like 1

FYI: The newest update of Mids has been released. V3.0.2.18 is available via "Check for Updates" from the new Mids (v3.0+) or you can install it from MidsReborn.com. The installed version will automatically be set up for V3.0.2.18, so no need to update after install.

• Like 1

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

Just now, parabola said:

Hi @Bopper, just wanted to thank you for your work on mids (and anyone else involved). CoH would be just about unplayable for me without it!

We appreciate it. @Felis Noctu, @Zedand @crytilisput in a lot of hard work on this. I just try to correct the numbers and not break anything. 

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

1 hour ago, Heatstroke said:

I had some issues when downloading the new one that the boxes were all messed up and the letters describing the powers and slots were badly offset from the blue bubbles. Has this been fixed?

I'm not really sure what issue you're having. Without knowing more, my default answer will be: uninstall your mids, then reinstall mids from MidsReborn.com

13 hours ago, Bopper said:

FYI: The newest update of Mids has been released. V3.0.2.18 is available via "Check for Updates" from the new Mids (v3.0+) or you can install it from MidsReborn.com. The installed version will automatically be set up for V3.0.2.18, so no need to update after install.

UpdateAttempt.thumb.png.62e481f03278022231a01c97ad22f2a6.png

49 minutes ago, Erratic1 said:

UpdateAttempt.thumb.png.62e481f03278022231a01c97ad22f2a6.png

Odd, I'm surprised you have the 3.0.1.9 version and not able to pull the newest update. Go into your Options>Configuration>Updates and Paths. I need you to verify your Update URL is set to: https://midsreborn.com/mids_updates/update_manifest.xml

If not, change it to that. Then restart your Mids and try again.

EDIT: If that doesn't work, then uninstall your Mids, then re-install from MidsReborn.com

Edited by Bopper

4 minutes ago, Bopper said:

Odd, I'm surprised you have the 3.0.1.9 version and not able to pull the newest update. Go into your Options>Configuration>Updates and Paths. I need you to verify your Update URL is set to: https://midsreborn.com/mids_updates/update_manifest.xml

If not, change it to that. Then restart your Mids and try again.

Doing so produced an error message which was unclosable. The only way to do anything was force closure. Now trying to run Mids returns:

Problem with Shortcut

The item 'Mids Reborn.exe' that this shortcut refers to has been changed or moved, so this shortcut will no longer  work properly.

Do you want to delete this shortcut?

2 minutes ago, Erratic1 said:

Doing so produced an error message which was unclosable. The only way to do anything was force closure. Now trying to run Mids returns:

Problem with Shortcut

The item 'Mids Reborn.exe' that this shortcut refers to has been changed or moved, so this shortcut will no longer  work properly.

Do you want to delete this shortcut?

Both are expected. We had to rename it to MidsReborn.exe, your your shortcuts will be broken. Go into where you have Mids installed and re-setup your shortcuts. The error throw on the updating is actually fixed in this version (just hit continue when you see it), so future updates will no longer have that error (hopefully).

Edited by Bopper

6 minutes ago, Bopper said:

Both are expected. We had to rename it to MidsReborn.exe, your your shortcuts will be broken. Go into where you have Mids installed and re-setup your shortcuts. The error throw on the updating is actually fixed in this version (just hit continue when you see it), so future updates will no longer have that error (hopefully).

That worked perfectly.

Thanks!

• Like 1

Couple of questions:

• Is there an option to do your build with the Level Up feature?  I prefer building as I level, so my slots are available at the proper level.
  • Is there a way to change the color scheme?  Having a hard time reading it as is...

Just now, Lockpick said:

Couple of questions:

• Is there an option to do your build with the Level Up feature?  I prefer building as I level, so my slots are available at the proper level.
  • Is there a way to change the color scheme?  Having a hard time reading it as is...

I think Level Up mode was sort of brought back in this version. But its called Normal/Respec instead of Level Up/Dynamic.

You can swap between Blue (hero) and Red (villain), but I dont know what other options are available for configuration. 

1 hour ago, Bopper said:

I think Level Up mode was sort of brought back in this version. But its called Normal/Respec instead of Level Up/Dynamic.

You can swap between Blue (hero) and Red (villain), but I dont know what other options are available for configuration. 

Normal and Respec mode are both allowing additional slotting beyond the actual slots available at level.

Is there a reason why the Defense and Resist values listed in the power information window all seem to have their display numbers shifted by a couple decimals? Things like Fire Shield showing 0.32% Resist instead of 32% is weird. The totals tab still shows the correct values, but the individual powers all seem to be displaying improperly.

exChampion and exInfinity player (Champion primarily).

Current resident of the Everlasting shard.

54 minutes ago, Lockpick said:

Normal and Respec mode are both allowing additional slotting beyond the actual slots available at level.

Thanks, I'll ask if that's intended. 

24 minutes ago, ForeverLaxx said:

Is there a reason why the Defense and Resist values listed in the power information window all seem to have their display numbers shifted by a couple decimals? Things like Fire Shield showing 0.32% Resist instead of 32% is weird. The totals tab still shows the correct values, but the individual powers all seem to be displaying improperly.

Known bug

• Thanks 1

Latest version is much better. Stalker damage values are much more normal now (Staff was counting things like assassination and combo levels for everything resulting in apparently huge numbers). All proper and correct now.

Thank you dev team for the constant stream of updates. I know it isn't easy when releasing something this major and doing the bug stomp thing on it for a few weeks afterwards, it's hugely appreciated

Edited by Carnifax