PSA: New Mids has been released

Bopper

UPDATE (Jan 25, 2020): Version 3.0.4.6 is now available. This is mostly a hot fix update. 

UPDATE (Jan 23, 2020): Version 3.0.3.1 is now available. Update it from the app (if you already had the newest version), or Install it from MidsReborn.com.

UPDATE: Version 3.0.2.18 is now available. Install it from MidsReborn.com. If you already have Mids v3.0+, you can update via the "Check for Updates" option in Mids.

For those interested but may not have heard, we released v3.0 of the tool a week ago and pushed an update (v3.0.1.9) to address most of the major bugs discovered after that release. This will require a new install, so "Check for Updates" won't work for this. Use the links in the post I provided.

I do recommend backing up your current Mids program, just in case you don't like the new version or if the new version has a bug that is undesirable to you in some way.

Edited by Bopper
v3.0.4.6
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 15

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

7 minutes ago, Grindingsucks said:

Cool.  Does 3.0 include the most recent i27 stuff (new teleport pool, etc.)?

It does. The only i27 changes it doesn't have yet are bug fixes to powers like Savage Melee, and the temp power changes. Those will be released in the future. Stalker Hemorrhage has already been fixed internally, but not released yet. 

It also has a bunch of Dominator Assault fixes. I updated every set except Radiation and Savage Assault. The other sets should have updated numbers now.

It also has a revamp for sniper attacks. Now, there is a slider for To-Hit buff that is used to adjust the damage on quick snipes. However, the Scale is only from 0-22%. I figure most folks won't care to look at numbers when your To-Hit is debuffed. Plus, sliders can't show negative so it made sense to just do it like this.

• Thanks 1

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Anytime.

I have some other updates in the queue too. I updated all Stalker's Assassin Strike attacks to use the new conditionals system and each now has a slider to allow you to select the amount of Assassin Focus you have. This will adjust the probability to crit the quick form of the attack.

I'm also working on correcting Corruptor's range numbers. Apparently corruptors used to point to the wrong modifier table, so the scales got changed to compensate so that mids showed what was in the game. Now that it uses the correct modifier table, all the numbers are wrong. So I have been sweeping through them. I have Archery, Assault Rifle, Beam Rifle, Dark Blast, and Electricity Blast fixed and will be available whenever we push out our next update

• Like 3

Also, in the queue, I fixed the numbers for Brute's Energy Aura. They were too low.

• Like 2

I'm not sure if anyone informed you, but I noticed that Sprint and Hurdle, when moused over, were showing, a couple of the Prestige sprints instead of the basic Sprint and Hurdle.

I don't know if anyone else had noticed since I (and possibly they) rarely slot anything into those powers.

Hurdle shows Prestige Power Dash and Sprint shows Prestige Power Slide.

there also doesn't seem to be powers showing for Prestige Power Dash or Slide either.

Could just be that both Sprint and PPS are taking up the same location on the GUI.

Anyway, just thought you'd like to know.

2 minutes ago, Twisted Toon said:

I'm not sure if anyone informed you, but I noticed that Sprint and Hurdle, when moused over, were showing, a couple of the Prestige sprints instead of the basic Sprint and Hurdle.

I don't know if anyone else had noticed since I (and possibly they) rarely slot anything into those powers.

Hurdle shows Prestige Power Dash and Sprint shows Prestige Power Slide.

there also doesn't seem to be powers showing for Prestige Power Dash or Slide either.

Could just be that both Sprint and PPS are taking up the same location on the GUI.

Anyway, just thought you'd like to know.

That seems to be a common thing when using old builds on the new Mids. I recommend selecting the Prestige Power menu and disable all the sprints. See if that helps you.

So, a fresh install of the Mids version 3, but once done will using the update option pickup v3.0.1.9 for me?

• Thanks 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

3 minutes ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

So, a fresh install of the Mids version 3, but once done will using the update option pickup v3.0.1.9 for me?

Yes, and there might be a bug when you update. If you get that pop-up, just hit continue, it should download 3.0.1.9 in the background when you do

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Great, thanks for everything you do!

• Like 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

4 hours ago, Bopper said:

Yes, and there might be a bug when you update. If you get that pop-up, just hit continue, it should download 3.0.1.9 in the background when you do

Ok, I got this bug when trying to update. I hit continue and it said it would restart. Unfortunately it did not restart and it broke the desktop shortcut. Saying the location of .exe was no longer found.

I had to do a repair from the installer to get it to work. and it is working  just can't update.

That being said, thank you and to everyone involved for your efforts in keeping this much needed part of our game updated.

16 hours ago, Bopper said:

It also has a revamp for sniper attacks. Now, there is a slider for To-Hit buff that is used to adjust the damage on quick snipes.

Are the numbers correct on Scrappers and Stalkers? At 22% tohit it shows over +50% from base damage, whereas the increase should be about less than a third according to the numbers you posted here:

To be more specific:

- in Quick Form, Stalker Moonbeam and Zapp show 97.32 damage + 53.52 damage from tohit

- Stalker Mace Beam lacks the Quick Form option

- Scrapper Moonbeam/Zapp show 109.5 damage + 60.22 damage from tohit

- Scrapper Mace Beam has a Quick Form option, but it does nothing

At a quick glance, Blaster snipes seem correct. I only checked Ranged Shot, but it fits the 142.7 damage (0 tohit) and 172.7 damage (22 tohit) figures you posted.

Dominators seem correct as well, although for some reason Moon Beam lacks the Quick Form option.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

I did a fresh install of 3.0, but get no updates available when I search for updates. How do I force the update to 3.0.1.9?

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender

Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper | Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel

4 minutes ago, Uun said:

I did a fresh install of 3.0, but get no updates available when I search for updates. How do I force the update to 3.0.1.9?

Never mind, I changed the update path from update.xml to update_manifest.xml and it worked.

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender

Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper | Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel

4 hours ago, nihilii said:

Are the numbers correct on Scrappers and Stalkers? At 22% tohit it shows over +50% from base damage, whereas the increase should be about less than a third according to the numbers you posted here:

To be more specific:

- in Quick Form, Stalker Moonbeam and Zapp show 97.32 damage + 53.52 damage from tohit

- Stalker Mace Beam lacks the Quick Form option

- Scrapper Moonbeam/Zapp show 109.5 damage + 60.22 damage from tohit

- Scrapper Mace Beam has a Quick Form option, but it does nothing

At a quick glance, Blaster snipes seem correct. I only checked Ranged Shot, but it fits the 142.7 damage (0 tohit) and 172.7 damage (22 tohit) figures you posted.

Dominators seem correct as well, although for some reason Moon Beam lacks the Quick Form option.

Thanks, I'll take a look at Snipers now. I see there is a logic problem I was no aware of that I need to fix. For example, you're seeing the damage from the Stalker's Assassination on Scrapper's Moonbeam when not in Quick Form. I'll need to add one more condition to those affects, it appears.

All excited to have version 3.0 of Mids so I can design things anew.  Question is what do I need to push in order to get an option to upgrade to 3.09?  Checked all the Tabs at the top (File, Import, Etc) and see no option.  

Found it...ignore please...sorry for using part of your day up to look at this....thanks again...Happy New Year and Stay Safe.

Edited by Sakai
Edited for the usual reason...I'm kinda silly.

5 hours ago, nihilii said:

"Epic Snipe Fails"

• Fixed the Quick Snipe scaling. I made a mistake in my math, but found the issue. It was doing 75% more damage than it was supposed to. Will be fixed in next update.
  • Fixed the conditionals for Moonbeam and Zapp for Epic Snipes. The Stalkers would get the damage applied from Scrapper's Critical Hit inherent, and Scrappers would get the damage applied from Stalker's Assassination inherent. This was due to my logic of checking if Critical Hit was Active or Assassination is Active, a Stalker and Scrapper can't ever achieve True for a power they don't have. Looks like it defaults to True if you don't have it, so I added an extra condition to check to see if the power is Taken before providing its effects. This will be fixed in next update.
  • I fixed Stalker Mace Beam to have its Quick Form show up when selected. However, when doing this I noticed I actually had not updated Mace Beam for Stalker or Scrapper yet. I swore I had...but who knows, sometimes my pushes get reverted. I will update Mace Beam later today, don't have time at the moment.
  • I fixed Dominator Moon Beam to have its Quick Form show up when selected. This was actually a bug in the 2.X version of Mids which I thought I had already fixed...but that one must have been included in another push of mine that got reverted. The confusion came from the naming scheme (which CoH does as well) where the Dominator.MoonBeam doesn't actually point to the MoonBeam power. Dominator.DeathShroud does. So if you had selected Engulfing Darkness (which is Dominator.MoonBeam), the quick form would show up. This is now fixed and will be available in next update.
  • Thanks 2

Psi Melee -> Brute -> Concentration (Build up) -> endurance cost acts like a toggle, 5.0 per second which was the old build file.  It also does not allow the option to click on in the current builder if starting from scratch and putting in slots, while regular Build Up you can.  I can click it off and on no problem from an old build, but straight up new build does not allow me to do anything for any AT with Psi Melee to see how much more damage a power will do for 10 seconds.

I tried reporting on the suggested link, but GitHub was "this in invalid" "this was invalid" "oh, this Password will work" and then fails next page because I was tired of retyping different attempts for passwords so alternated it with the login which I never was gonna use GitHub again anyway.

Otherwise, I never noticed any issues for Mids.  Seems a bit slower in transition when you click a power selection into the build, but its great over all.

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

For someone who's not yet into "fine tuning the numbers", Will this allow itself to be installed into another location without interfering with the existing version that I have? Since you mentioned the "messes with old builds" that I'll need to sort out.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

6 hours ago, Outrider_01 said:

Psi Melee -> Brute -> Concentration (Build up) -> endurance cost acts like a toggle

Fixed internally, will be updated in next patch

Thanks for all your work!

btw, Peacebringer Energy Flight seems to be a bit wonky (numbers are off).

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation

The new info window gets in the way of selecting tier 5 and up powers, and there's no way to scroll down to select an epic pool.

The inherent power section is wonky.  When I load up an old build with incarnate powers, they are listed below as normal, but on mouseover they're actually prestige sprints.

• Like 1