Patch Notes for April 20th, 2021 - Issue 27, Page 2

Jimmy

11 minutes ago, Bopper said:

Actually, I think you're right. 

image.thumb.png.f9df71d113b5535a527d05441ff8904e.png

The suppression should be for 10s, and I think the problem is EndActivate. That would make every click power cause suppression which seems overkill. I don't know what Defiant is either

Looking at that, seems like EndActivate might not be the only one that should change...

1 minute ago, Wavicle said:

Looking at that, seems like EndActivate might not be the only one that should change...

I asked UberGuy about it, he thinks his parser might actually be bugged. So standby on any conclusion. But the fact you are seeing CJ and SJ causing suppression, it strongly hints at the fact EndActivate is being used erroneously.

• Like 1

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

15 minutes ago, Bopper said:

I asked UberGuy about it, he thinks his parser might actually be bugged. So standby on any conclusion. But the fact you are seeing CJ and SJ causing suppression, it strongly hints at the fact EndActivate is being used erroneously.

In Brickstown by the entrance to the Talos Island Safeguard Mission there is often a unit of PPD stationed, and not too far away there is a group of Not Automatically Confrontational (Yellow instead of Red) Crey. When I activate powers, such as CJ, while using Stealth by this group of PPD, the Crey and PPD begin attacking each other. Seems like it might be related. Bricks is so weird.

EDIT: I'm not sure if I even have to activate anything. Those mobs are just aggroing to each other from Really far away.

Edited by Wavicle

43 minutes ago, Bopper said:

It's fixed and updated data is present. Almost certainly you'll need to force a page refresh and maybe clear cache, as the file caching settings sent to browsers won't expect this to be refreshed so soon

• Like 1

Ok, I am completely confused. Invisibility is gone, so what power now fully hides you? Say you want to run through a mission to get to the end, do I use stealth now? Will that keep me hidden like Invis did? Or do I have to use Invis's replacement power?

Will always love being an Empathy Defender!

Sod the haters!

7 hours ago, Jimmy said:

sorcerypool_spiritward.png.29314783d01256c5f9fcf5831e7e71bc.png Spirit Ward

• This power is now a toggle which can be maintained on an allied target
    • 0.39/s endurance cost
  • Now provides a continually refreshing absorb shield for as long as the toggle is maintained
    • Each tick of the absorb shield lasts for 20s, meaning it will take 20s to max out or fully refresh the shield
  • The initial cast provides a burst of absorb shield
    • This initial burst is the equivalent of a 10s of the refreshing absorb shield
  • The strength of the Absorb shield now scales based on the caster's AT, rather than the target's health
    • ie: Defenders will apply a stronger shield (this is how all other ally buffs and heals work)
  • Cooldown reduced from 60s to 15s

Ok, so testing this online, I get it's burst initially, but unless you're going to constantly toggle it off and back on for that which I highly doubt is worth anyone's time to do so, on a brute it's only giving 19hp base at 50 every two seconds. This is pretty absurdly underwhelming. I'm a big fan of it being a toggle now, but for right now it's value is so basically useless I would rather have it the way it was before, but rather, would have it's value simply increased to be actually useful even at the cost of some of that initial bump.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ValkyrieLummi said:

Ok, I am completely confused. Invisibility is gone, so what power now fully hides you? Say you want to run through a mission to get to the end, do I use stealth now? Will that keep me hidden like Invis did? Or do I have to use Invis's replacement power?

Use Stealth now

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

5 minutes ago, ValkyrieLummi said:

Simply speaking, if you don't attack anything (and they wouldn't normally detect invis)  you will remain completely invisible due to Stealth having the same effects has old Invis. but now, if you are hit, you get Stealth's effects (still kinda stealthy, and higher defense values)

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ValkyrieLummi said:

You use Stealth now. However, it's slightly different mechanically. You no longer are Only Affecting Self, but if you attack or are attacked, you'll be unstealthed.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, WindDemon21 said:

Ok, so testing this online, I get it's burst initially, but unless you're going to constantly toggle it off and back on for that which I highly doubt is worth anyone's time to do so, on a brute it's only giving 19hp base at 50 every two seconds. This is pretty absurdly underwhelming. I'm a big fan of it being a toggle now, but for right now it's value is so basically useless I would rather have it the way it was before, but rather, would have it's value simply increased to be actually useful even at the cost of some of that initial bump.

Its based on AT modifiers now, and brute's AT modifier for buffs is pretty low. So it's probably a nerf on a brute. On a defender however, its probably a HUGE buff.

Just now, UberGuy said:

You use Stealth now. However, it's slightly different mechanically. You no longer are Only Affecting Self, but if you attack or are attacked, you'll be unstealthed.

Thank you! That clears up a lot of confusion! ❤️

Will always love being an Empathy Defender!

Sod the haters!

1 minute ago, Arbegla said:

Its based on AT modifiers now, and brute's AT modifier for buffs is pretty low. So it's probably a nerf on a brute. On a defender however, its probably a HUGE buff.

I'm aware of that, but it shouldn't be so useless on anything but a defender either. Some middle ground ought to be more applicable, especially since as a defender you usually have a heal/debuff something to not really need that initial absorb burst anyway too.

2 minutes ago, WindDemon21 said:

I'm aware of that, but it shouldn't be so useless on anything but a defender either. Some middle ground ought to be more applicable, especially since as a defender you usually have a heal/debuff something to not really need that initial absorb burst anyway too.

Enhanced, you're looking at providing ~19 absorb per second. Providing anyone the equivalent of 19 HPS is significant, especially from a non support AT.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Wavicle said:

@Bopper Even clicking an Inspiration suppresses the top layer of Stealth.

yup, basically everything that can build up Arcane Power from Sorcery can suppress Stealth/EvMa, as both use EndActivate as an event trigger.