Patch Notes for April 20th, 2021 - Issue 27, Page 2

Jimmy

27 minutes ago, Troo said:

No announcement, just path notes?

You're in the Announcements and Information/Announcements forum. What do you mean no Announcements?

Edit, I see what you're saying. There was no duplicate post in just the Announcements forum. Likely an oversight.

Edited by Bopper

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

13 minutes ago, Sarrate said:

The mad bastards did it. They buffed Regen.

Funny enough, it was a bug report mentioned on Mids discord that even brought this to my attention. Shout out to Koopak for the find (btw, Mids is still bugged haha)

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

4 hours ago, dtj714 said:

This is completely messed-up. So if you’re standing in the middle of a pack of enemies with Stealth on you’re “invisible”, but pop an inspiration, or toggle on a shield, or do anything else even though it is only self-effecting, you become just “stealthed” and therefore will be detected?  Then invis is functionally gone. 

Not sure if this detail has been mentioned yet, but the Def bonus from Evasive Maneuvers and the extra (out of combat) Def and stealth radius in Stealth take 10 seconds to kick in after you turn on the toggles themselves. This is out of combat, with no other toggles active, no movement, and no buffs from other players (I'm testing it in my base, alone). From scratch, they take 10 seconds to turn on.

So Stealth is now also Invisibility, but it has a 10 second activation time no matter what you're doing. And that 10-second suppression restarts if you turn on any toggle (or buff yourself with something like Aim).

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Bopper said:

Funny enough, it was a bug report mentioned on Mids discord that even brought this to my attention. Shout out to Koopak for the find (btw, Mids is still bugged haha)

While we're noticing little things that are mis-tuned could ya give a statement on this bit if ya could!

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/27987-storm-summoning-for-corruptor-possible-bug-with-lightning-storm-that-needs-sleuthed/

One other issue that makes me really, really miss invisibility - there's no visible indication that your stealth has been suppressed. At 33 or 55 (or whatever the numbers are), visual effect is the old stealth translucent. With invisibility, if you do something that suppresses It or you get hit with splash from an attack, you go from invisible to "oops there I am". That aspect got me killed several times yesterday, that I didn't realize I was visible. It's also an issue where "I've activated stealth and start sprinting through the base - but the full stealth hasn't kicked in yet so I'm dead" (at the time, of course, I had no clue that I needed to wait 10 seconds after activating the power)

Edited by GadgetDon
  • Like 2

Big patch. New tips pretty cool.

Current removals of only-affecting-self for out-of-combat stats may be well intentioned, but ultimately a fail.

Comments already popping on how do we know when those stats should kick in & inadvertently negating affects. Feels more random than on/off. 

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Taboo said:

Big patch. New tips pretty cool.

Current removals of only-affecting-self for out-of-combat stats may be well intentioned, but ultimately a fail.

Comments already popping on how do we know when those stats should kick in & inadvertently negating affects. Feels more random than on/off. 

Because you're the one making those comments:

24 minutes ago, Taboo said:

Is it? At this point it is difficult to tell which way is working as intended.

Meanwhile:

23 hours ago, Jimmy said:

Invisibility_Stealth.png.104f33f2f11bf3378ee0ba5b0fa04d5a.png Stealth

• [snip]
  • Out of combat defense increased from 3.5% to 7%
    • The defense bonuses suppression in this power has been cleaned up, and will now suppress if the user attacks, heals or buffs an ally, commands a pet, is hit by a foe or the user attacks or interacts with a mission objective
    • In-combat defence is unchanged
  • Added a new 'Invisible' customization theme that makes the player barely visible when active

Edited by Replacement
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Luminara said:

Infiltration is a clone of Athletic Run (which is a clone of Ninja Run), so the base speed is identical.  Half of each added together would equal one whole Infiltration or one whole Athletic Run.  Slotted Infiltration would be faster, by itself, than half of slotted Infiltration plus half of Athletic.

Even with the math in this game, half plus half doesn't equal two.

I think you are missing the point. The fact is Athletic Run works in addition to the other travel powers such as superspeed or super jump. Both those travel powers get additional speed or jump, where infiltration gets nothing. This is making it a weaker travel power because of this. That is why I said it should get 50% of what athletic run gets to both speed and jump. With one slot in infiltration it is less than getting a 50% bonus would be from athletic run. 

Well, last night’s live run of several changes was a success across the board with one small exception. 

My newly leveled Grav/Sonic/Mace ran through some easy outdoor maps at +4x8 like the Council Empire mission with very pleasing results. Sure, a super easy enemy group, but I was more interested in flexing my powers than doing some needless proving myself against Carnies or Rularuu or whatever. And that toon has no Fighting or Leadership and hardly any defense bonuses so get over it 😉 .

My strategy was to quickly zoom up and Teleport Target my Singularity with 4 ally toggles (2 Sonic / 2 Sorcery) into the middle of the mob before I caught too much of the mob’s aggro, and then apply Crushing Field / Disruptor Blast to wipe most of the mob, and Sonic Siphon / Poisonous Ray (4 Procs) / Gravity Distortion (4 Procs) / Arcane Bolt to clean up bosses.

Every new piece of the puzzle from the patch worked like a charm, from the interrupt-less Teleport Target, to the Singularity’s thick absorb shield and tight vacuum pull, to Enflame and Arcane Bolt buffs. The mobs did not last long at all (had that feeling of the mobs just “melting”) and this feels like one of my more successful non-FotM experiments. 

Regarding the little exception I mentioned, I think this goes along with the stealth complaints from other posters. Before, when I was running meteor map fire farms for this guy, I could safely fly overhead and toggle Disruption Field with just a Stealth IO. I tried to do the same thing last night, but also adding Spirit Ward, and I couldn’t seem to avoid taking aggro even though I was up near the map ceiling - telling me my stealth was suppressing in a way that it never used to. 

Now that’s over, my next goal is to slot up my new Granite-less Stone tanker. I’m kind of agonizing over two build drafts. One has substantially more proc damage but less fire defense and regeneration than the other, and even falls about 3% short of E/N soft cap. The other addresses these issues with a couple Aegis bonuses, a couple regen procs, and Maneuvers, but has very little proc damage outside of the Epic pool attacks and the main purple set procs. 

EDIT: I also very briefly logged into my Traps/AR to try the new Full Auto. Made me want to roll up an AR blaster to really flex that thing. Then I very briefly logged into one of my flyers to try with Hover/Evasive Maneuvers. Beyond the unfortunate stealth weirdness, I have yet to find anything to complain about 🙂 .

Edited by arcane
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Invisible239 said:

I think you are missing the point. The fact is Athletic Run works in addition to the other travel powers such as superspeed or super jump. Both those travel powers get additional speed or jump, where infiltration gets nothing. This is making it a weaker travel power because of this. That is why I said it should get 50% of what athletic run gets to both speed and jump. With one slot in infiltration it is less than getting a 50% bonus would be from athletic run. 

I think that Infiltration is always going to be a slower travel power than Super Jump or Super Speed etc because it has the stealth and defense. Personally, I think it's a gem simply because it can take a Luck of the Gambler +7.5% recharge. That's a tradeoff that I'm willing to accept.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, BZRKR said:

I think that Infiltration is always going to be a slower travel power than Super Jump or Super Speed etc because it has the stealth and defense. Personally, I think it's a gem simply because it can take a Luck of the Gambler +7.5% recharge. That's a tradeoff that I'm willing to accept.

Exactly! The only comparable I can think of is Combat Jump, which stacks with Infiltration. LoTG mule, or other defensive sets and you get Stealth and you get stealth bonus and you get movement control. I respec'd my main and I kept Infiltration because it is situational. Sometimes I don't need to go 120MPH in a mission or to a part of a map, so I run a little slower intentionally while keeping all of those bonuses I mentioned.

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

13 hours ago, UberGuy said:

Remember, that set can still be slotted in non-henchman like summons powers, such as Gang War, that do benefit from recharge.

But even then, its only 4 powers out of all of the Mastermind Primary and Secondary powers (Gang War, Hell on Earth, Soul Extraction, and Tornado).

Not a very useful ATO when it really only benefits 4 powers with its Recharge. (and don't get me started on the +damage set bonus with a two piece.. ugh)

Just now, Arbegla said:

But even then, its only 4 powers out of all of the Mastermind Primary and Secondary powers (Gang War, Hell on Earth, Soul Extraction, and Tornado).

Not a very useful ATO when it really only benefits 4 powers with its Recharge. (and don't get me started on the +damage set bonus with a two piece.. ugh)

Be that as it may, it's probably in use in those four powers, and folks using it that way would probably not be pleased if the recharge aspect was replaced with something else.

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, UberGuy said:

Be that as it may, it's probably in use in those four powers, and folks using it that way would probably not be pleased if the recharge aspect was replaced with something else.

I know that @Faultlinedid some database scrubbing, and had some hard numbers on how often that specific ATO was slotted in those powers. It was something like less than 10% of the slotting was used for just those 4 powers (with Tornado having the least amount..)

I get the "We don't want to force a respec, or break builds" aspect, but maybe a re-budget of the enhancement values would be in order, so we're not hitting ED values on Recharge, when that aspect simply isn't used in so many powers now.

• City Council
12 minutes ago, Arbegla said:

I get the "We don't want to force a respec, or break builds" aspect, but maybe a re-budget of the enhancement values would be in order, so we're not hitting ED values on Recharge, when that aspect simply isn't used in so many powers now.

Do remember that henchmen summons still have long recharges in PVP maps.