Best (subjective) power at every level

0th Power

What is the best power at each level (t1, t1...)?  Bonus points for reason why.  I'm leaving out powers like build up that are spread out on multiple levels.

1 Personal force field - classic "Oh Shark" power, available at level 1

2 I can't find the best T2, but I reserve the right to edit this post if I figure it out

3 Fire Ball - one of the reasons fire blasters are so good

4 Bright Nova - Doesn't really fit because PBs have more than 9, but a power that gives you 4 more powers.  What's not to love?

5 Sniper Blast - cool animation and good power choice

6 Speed Boost - gotta go fast

7 Burn - No citation needed

8 Soaring Dragon - the knock up on this is a lot of fun

9 Nova - By far my favorite power in the game.  I don't understand those who convert the KB because everyone flying everywhere is a thing of beauty.

What's yours?

Not sure how easy this is to answer as I forget where powers are.

Honourable mentions for me:

Empathy: Fortitude - just makes such a difference to someone’s combat prowess; best buff in the game! 
AR’s: Snipe Shot - just for the sound and animation. Nothing beats it for taking out a lone runner.

Mind Control: Dominate - sound and animation are just awesome 

Gravity Control: Wormhole - nothing says power like picking up a bunch of mobs and putting them where you want them.

Gravity Control: Propel - a favourite of everyone I know who’s ever tried this game. 

Favourite lvl 32 power? Has to be Dark Control’s Shadow Beast. I love wolves, and named mine after my dog 😁

Retired, October 2022.

Fallout Engineer Rad/AR Defender || Peacemoon Empathy/Psi Defender || Svarteir Dark/Dark Controller

Everlasting || UK Timezone

10 minutes ago, Machariel said:

best power you can get at level 8 has to be Seeds of Confusion.

what an absolutely ridiculous power

+1

Creepers could be a contender for that t8 position too tbh.

Edited by arcane
  • Thumbs Up 2

Static Field is probably the most OPed thing possible for the level you get it, but quickly levels off to become merely "good."

I've not done a comparison for every powerset but I think Gravity Control > Lift may be the hardest hitting single target power for the first 10 levels of the game. Maybe less than that. But it hits incredibly hard for a power at level 2.

Edited by oedipus_tex

number 2 might be Soul Drain....from many Dark sets.  a personalized 30 second Fulcrum Shift that can be near perma'd

oh, you meant T2.....a lot of attack powers that become a base of an attack chain.  not flashy, but neither is a car engine

Edited by Snarky

Assassin's Strike, Blaze, Shield Charge... and I'll 2nd storm kick mentioned above.

Special Consideration to Air Superiority from the pool powers.  Almost every toon I make takes this power at 4 and slot it with 3 prestige recharge enhancements at level 5... I usually dump it later, but in that level 4-20ish range, it's the best power in the game.

Edited by Shred Monkey

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

25 minutes ago, Shred Monkey said:

Assassin's Strike, Blaze, Shield Charge... and I'll 2nd storm kick mentioned above.

Special Consideration to Air Superiority from the pool powers.  Almost every toon I make takes this power at 4 at slot it with 3 prestige recharge enhancements at level 5... I usually dump it later, but in that level 4-20ish range, it's the best power in the game.

+1. I took Air Sup for concept on a Mastermind, slotted it the same way, and ended up doing more damage than my T1 pets for a whole lotta levels.

T9 is Fulcrum Shift as damage capping a team far better than any self impacting power. Foot Stomp is great. I fully damage capped one is even better.

T6 is Speed Boost. Anytime a power is referenced as crack...

Honestly, you could make a good list just going through support classes. 

• Like 1

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

Infridgate at Level 1 (easily the best Level 1 power for both its proccability, debuff, and recharge) and Benumb at Level 18 or 28 depending on AT (for its amazing usage against EBs, AVs, and GMs, 30 seconds of -500% regen or -865% regen if enemy is a player, -62.5% dmg for 30 seconds, and -75% special (heal, debuffs, etc.) for 30 seconds).

• Thumbs Up 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

My list is more nostalgic rather than what's currently the best subjective power at every level

1 Power Thrust (blaster nrg secondary) The animation and knockback

2 Tar Patch (defender dark) Lots of damage for something you can pick at level 1

3 Accelerate Metabolism (defender rad) before stamina was inherent this was awesome at low levels

4 Power Burst (blaster nrg primary) Every time you fire that thing off you feel like a blaster

5 Freezing Rain (defender storm) They stop attacking and slowly run away while you can do more damage to them

6 Speed Boost (defender kinetics) crack

7 Invincibility (tanker primary) The name of the power seemed to be literal

7.5 Recovery Aura (defender empathy) seeing "gather for buffs" in chat got everyone excited (end management sucked when you 6 slotted for damage)

8 theses are all meh, maybe not skip-able but not memorable

9 Lightning Storm (defender storm) summoning this and watching the mobs get struck was awesome

Just now, Inverted said:

1 Power Thrust (blaster nrg secondary) The animation and knockback

Favorite level 50 fun thing is to go to Atlas Park and launch Hellions from the streets over to where the Atlas statue is. I want people to wonder why it's raining street thugs. Just very satisfying fun. 

8 minutes ago, CaptA said:

Favorite level 50 fun thing is to go to Atlas Park and launch Hellions from the streets over to where the Atlas statue is. I want people to wonder why it's raining street thugs. Just very satisfying fun. 

Bonus points for Power Boosting first and Super Jumping in the opposite direction from the mob.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1