What foes use the confuse debuff against players?

cohRock

Since I'm now playing my stone tanker with Minerals almost always active, I happened to notice that it offers protection against the confuse debuff.  I cannot remember any character of mine ever being confused.  Do any foes actually cast it?

• Like 1

-- Rock

Off the top of my head.

Circle of Thorns > Succubus

Crey > Crey Crisis Unit?  One of the Crey LTs just got the ability to confuse in the most recent update

Awakened > several mobs, most notably Subjugaters

Apparitions > Enraged Specter

Longbow > Zenflower, a specific boss found in Vernon Von Grun's story arc

Vindicators > Malaise, who only shows up in older story arcs.  He shows up in the Primal Earth Calvin Scott arc as well as the old school Lord Recluse Strike Force

Underground Trial > Something uses it.  I've yet to run UG but shouts are always saying have Tactics or Clarion

• Like 2

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

1 hour ago, Six-Six said:

Me... with the star. Have me as the leader of your group and we'll all be happily confused together 😃

With your powers of confusion and my ability to get lost in a cereal box, we could be legendary.

• Haha 1

-- Rock

2 minutes ago, arcane said:

Unfortunately NPC confuses are lame af and you never have time to actually kill a teammate.

I treat “Confused” as “PvP Mode Activated!” But it always ends in disappointment.

Yeah... That all depends on what power you fire off before you realize you are confused ... *cough*Ground Zero*cough* ... reasonably sure no one actually died from it directly, but much floor was consumed shortly afterwards. 😄

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

1 hour ago, oedipus_tex said:

IMO the fight where Confuse plays the biggest role is the final battle of the Underground trial. I'm pretty sure in the early days of the trial I contributed to flattening the league with an ill timed Ionic Judgement.

Didn't you mean, "well-timed Ionic Judgement...?"  🤪

• Thumbs Up 1

As has been mentioned, there is a confuse effect in the final room of the Underground Trial, when fighting the Avatar of Hamidon.  The 10 dollar label for the source of this confuse effect in this room are Discordant Spores. It's a PBAoE confuse with a whopping 600 foot radius, mag 20. It spawns every 20 seconds, lasts for 10 seconds. 

Without Clarion, or enough stacked tactics, or a tier 3 break free, you will be literally confused half of the time. 

I have often thought about making a macro to target these things, to see if they are in fact, targetable, but it's typically quite chaotic during the final fight, and I'm often too distracted in that moment to do this. But I digress. Just figured I'd share a fun fact about the Underground confuse situation. 

6 hours ago, arcane said:

Unfortunately NPC confuses are lame af and you never have time to actually kill a teammate.

Years ago, on the live servers, a friend and I were playing villain-side. I was on my EM/Elec brute. Got confused by a CoT Succubus. I immediately ran over to him and hit Energy Transfer. I was at nearly max Fury. It dropped him, and then he was confused as to what happened.

I explained it to him and then spent the rest of the mission chasing him every time I got confused. (I wasn't purposely encouraging the Succubi to confuse me though, no sir!)

To this day every time we fight CoT he says "Oh, man. Here we go again."  😁

• Thumbs Up 1

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

6 hours ago, arcane said:

I treat “Confused” as “PvP Mode Activated!” But it always ends in disappointment.

That's why you save your nuke and as soon as your teammates turn orange, you blap em!

And then finish off the enemies solo.

And then revive your team. 

• Haha 1