Should the Forums get a Purge one day out of a year?

Solarverse

Just like the movie The Purge. One day out of each year, we can say whatever the hell we want to say to each other with zero moderation, and it stays for life.

P.S. Merry Christmas!

😈

Edited by Solarverse
Wanted to wish everyone a Merry Christmas!
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Yeaaah no, one thing is puns, picking on each other or telling someone to go sit on a cactus, which is healthy (telling them, not sure about sitting on one, got to try it first) but, what is said can not be undone, and for sure there is a small but still present cluster in here willing to say absolutely fucked up things that only keeps it to themselves and glare from a corner because of the ban hammer hovering over their heads. And they are why we can't have nice things like such a purge day.

• Thumbs Up 1

Σαυτὸν ἀρίθμησον πρότερον καὶ γνῶθι σεαυτόν,

καὶ τότ᾽ ἀριθμήσεις γαῖαν ἀπειρεσίην.

I'm going to say nah...

Simple reason like @Albion said I would love to tell some people exactly what I think of them based on past things.

The Purge movie isn't a good thing its about murder with no consequences just like in here it would be murder but with consequences. 

• Thumbs Up 1

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

2 hours ago, Solarverse said:

I wouldn't want that either to be honest, it was a satire post. Hell, if a forum purge were to happen, I am sure my ass would take a good blunt of the purging, lol.

Satire my ass, we all want to go at it, but I can feel GM's breathing on my neck :P

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, The_Warpact said:

I'm going to say nah...

Simple reason like @Albion said I would love to tell some people exactly what I think of them based on past things.

The Purge movie isn't a good thing its about murder with no consequences just like in here it would be murder but with consequences. 

Consequences, that would be the biggest outcome of such social experiment, we are gonna give each other a piece of our minds, and once the day is gone and we return to our kind of sometimes civil behavior, the grudges gonna be real.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Krimson said:

Not really interested in a day where people spend it regurgitating someone else's thoughts that they found on the internet. There's enough parrots in the world already.

Not really interested in a day where people spend it regurgitating someone else's thoughts that they found on the internet. There's enough parrots in the world already.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

A lot of forums add a "BBQ Pit" or "Flame Zone" where pretty much anything goes (except truly offensive attacks). Not sure they ever add much to the 'game' and this community is far from those that need such a feature.

• Like 1

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

1 hour ago, Krimson said:

Not really interested in a day where people spend it regurgitating someone else's thoughts that they found on the internet. There's enough parrots in the world already.

Interesting hot take! While other people may be worried about posters flaming each other, your main concern is with originality. No parroting other people's ideas! Wonder what that would sound like--maybe a dementia ward?

1 hour ago, Shenanigunner said:

A lot of forums add a "BBQ Pit" or "Flame Zone" where pretty much anything goes (except truly offensive attacks). Not sure they ever add much to the 'game' and this community is far from those that need such a feature.

Seem to recall there was one on live... (which I generally ignored. Just like I do /general in game...)

• Like 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

I already worry enough that you guys don't like eachother.

• Haha 1

I am @Chrono-Bot! SGs: Girls Gone Rogue Isles, The Helping Hands, The Orange Bagels, Paragon's Perfectly Normal Heroes. Server: Everlasting! See my characters, now with photos, below!

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/33049-chrono-bots-characters/

I'm not NOT here to make friends.

And here I thought you were going to be talking about removing old threads and I was gonna shout no loudly. 

This idea's just fine though!  I foresee no problems!

Edited by Clave Dark 5
  • Haha 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

Sure, why not.  Every Dec. 23, we could have a single thread for Airing of Grievances.  It would be a Festivus Miracle!

(But a zero-moderation "say what you're really thinking" day (like we don't do that already?) seems like it would...not end up great.) 

7 hours ago, Oubliette_Red said:

I imagine that such a thread would go something like this...

Sooo.... like most any other thread during the rest of the year.

• Haha 2

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝