Themed Task Forces

TwoEyeBlack

I run a lot of themed task forces (99% ITF because it is reasonably fast and everyone knows it) on Everlasting.  By themed I mean things like all one AT (Blaster, Defender, etc) or all one type of toon (all Electricity, all Fire, etc).  I find these types of teams often do much better than a standard PUG.  My favorites are usually all Def/Corr or all Electric (especially since the update to electric blast).

Does anyone else enjoy doing these and if yes, what are you favorites to run and what have you found that really works well and don't work particularly well?  This week is ITF week, but I think I want to try others.

One thing I do want to do is setup an all Corruptors team Vs. and all Defenders team to run a +4 ITF (kill most) race to see who finishes first.  Still trying to figure out how to do that without going crazy.  Any ever done anything like this?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Just now, TwoEyeBlack said:

I run a lot of themed task forces (99% ITF because it is reasonably fast and everyone knows it) on Everlasting.  By themed I mean things like all one AT (Blaster, Defender, etc) or all one type of toon (all Electricity, all Fire, etc).  I find these types of teams often do much better than a standard PUG.  My favorites are usually all Def/Corr or all Electric (especially since the update to electric blast).

Does anyone else enjoy doing these and if yes, what are you favorites to run and what have you found that really works well and don't work particularly well?  This week is ITF week, but I think I want to try others.

One thing I do want to do is setup an all Corruptors team Vs. and all Defenders team to run a +4 ITF (kill most) race to see who finishes first.  Still trying to figure out how to do that without going crazy.  Any ever done anything like this?

Comic Council on Excelsior runs internal themed ITFs weekly.

They are always recruiting.

10 minutes ago, TwoEyeBlack said:

Our SG does this as well. We've even had some pure costume based runs.

All scrapper ITFs have always and will always be my favorite.

I've also hosted/participated in a lot of themed task forces on Everlasting, largely in part to my cadre of alts. I find themed task forces work pretty well with the one consideration if using a particular AT, that it's usually a good idea to have someone with Provoke so the team doesn't have to chase the AVs all over kingdom come.

Regarding a potential race between defenders/corruptors, I feel the corruptors will win because with a full team of 8 corruptors the team will still be fairly well buffed and mobs debuffed while having corruptor damage and scourge. The defenders would have to get lucky with a lot of proc bomb slotting to have a chance.

49 minutes ago, TwoEyeBlack said:

The corruptor team wins in a landslide. We've done it. 

@Aurora Girl - Excelsior - BSOD
 Aurora Girl  (Blaster)- Energy/Atomic, Queen of Faceplants and former Mayor of Pinnacle Server  Straye  (Brute)- Savage/SR, Survivor of +4 ITF Nictus Crystals and Bobcat's Bane  Aurora Snow  (Corruptor) - Ice/Cold, AV Humiliator  Terraflux  (Controller) - Earth/Rad, Bass Exploder  Spynerette  (Arachnos Soldier) - Night Widow, Super Spy of Sneakiness and Stabbing  Snowberrie  (Tank) - Ice/Spines, Disco Ball and Lady of Winter

My VG does a @sshole themed one every week, because, well we all are. I should make a toon named "I don't PUG well" or a VG named "We don't PUG".

Back to the OP question, we've done all VEAT and MM ones, things tend to die quickly on them. 

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

Our SG has done this as well with the ITF.  It is a lot of fun and gives an excuse to try different ATs/power sets when coming up with new alts.  We've also done costumed themed ones as well just for fun.  I think my fav out of all of them was definitely the all fire farmer meaning no changing the build that was used in normal AE fire farms.  While no single one of us could really handle the alpha all that well when we were bunched together stuff just melted away.  Even the annoying MoG from the cyclops was nothing.  I think the entire kill most run took about 30 minutes.  Good times.

I've done them a lot. I prefer all one AT to themed (i.e., all ice). All controller ITF is a lot of fun, as is all blaster.

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

3 hours ago, Aurora_Girl said:

The corruptor team wins in a landslide. We've done it. 

A +100% damage buff will tend to make the difference all other things not withstanding.

-->Corruptor damage cap vs Defender.  I'd bet both teams tend to cap damage at size 8.  It would certainly take very little effort to do so.

Repeat Offenders on Live once did an "Olympics" style event between their various Defender SG's running a series of TF.  The only thing I recall was the Empaths of Green Machine had a rough time.  No regen debuffs and no /Sonic's on a 5-man team spelled disaster.

Edited by Doomguide2005

I like running themed Penny Yin TFs on Everlasting. I've done the following all ATs: Blasters, Kheldians, Defenders, Dominators, Sentinels, Stalkers, Tanks. All were great fun.

Here are some of my other favorite themes:

Stormers! Hold the door!

screenshot_210428-22-29-59.thumb.jpg.eddab3de82afdb1e0f8e5cc8b64a3e2d.jpg

All Gun Fun Run

screenshot_210429-19-06-41.thumb.jpg.4a8258acc757847cd77aaa39e8f18d6c.jpg

The Kin Yin! (Kinetics or Kinetic Melee)

screenshot_210427-21-41-36.thumb.jpg.59d6852f40779e61541557a77bab6fc0.jpg

BURN THE DOOR (Fire something)

screenshot_210428-21-14-29.thumb.jpg.b0a9b4bcfa3d51c6a309221d2f7ac60c.jpg

• Like 2

We see these on Everlasting often enough.  I was an an all-defender Dilemma Diabolique.  It was embarrassing - for the enemies.  Not a single player died.  Even the Sentinel of Mot couldn't touch us.

Just one or two days before that, I saw someone advertising an all-radiation (primary or secondary) ITF.

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

17 hours ago, TwoEyeBlack said:

Our SG does these on Thursday. Literally, every damn Thursday, it's something vs. something in yet another ITF. Corrs vs Defenders. Melee vs Ranged, Fire vs ice, rad vs dark, etc. 
It's happened so often I've stopped attending. Never was a fan of itf. 

That said, a themed group can be more fun, if folks stick together and let the buffs stack. There's no point in a team of 8 fire/ rad corruptors if half of them are split in 4 different paths and you can't stack AM. Finding that, even in the same SG can be a bit of a challenge. 

13 hours ago, Ironblade said:

We see these on Everlasting often enough.  I was an an all-defender Dilemma Diabolique.  It was embarrassing - for the enemies.  Not a single player died.  Even the Sentinel of Mot couldn't touch us.

Just one or two days before that, I saw someone advertising an all-radiation (primary or secondary) ITF.

I was also on the all Def DD.  As you said, it was silly easy.

And the all Rad ITF was me.

I love themed task forces! I've run all-scrappers, all-blasters, all-dominators, all-tankers... Pretty much every AT. If I'm running a task force, 99% of the time it's a themed task force.

Granted, that might be because I'm the only one on the team.

• Like 1