I never take teleport - except I did

I take super jump.  It's just so much fun.  And teleport is tricky to use.

But I have a dual pistol/devices blaster that I love and with the stealth I decided to take teleport so I could teleport past places I could not sneak past.

Except I think I have only remembered twice that I have teleport in time to use it.

I still run to missions - totally forgetting I have teleport.

Do you have powers on a character that you forget you have?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I often forget I have longish cooldown T9's like One with the shield or Meltdown. They're not often needed on the Tanks I play, but sometimes the scenario comes up and I just woosh on them.

They key with Teleport is how you bind it. I always have a few basic binds:

• Some key bound to powexeclocation Target "Teleport" (and/or combat teleport if I have it). This pops me right to my target, even if it is out of LoS. Amazing for catching up to a teammate through mission walls or catching the next mob before everyone else.
  • lshift+lbutton powexecname "Teleport" - This lets me just pop shift and my left mouse button to manually target the teleport reticle wherever. Perfect for normal travel and precise combat positioning.
  • If I have Combat Teleport, I also use directional binds like this:
    • /bind lshift+w powexec_location forward:35 combat teleport

/bind lshift+d powexec_location right:35 combat teleport

/bind lshift+a powexec_location left:35 combat teleport

/bind lshift+s powexec_location back:35 combat teleport[/quote]

• This lets me bamf in any direction instantly. The biggest one is the back port, as this allows me to line up cones with ease.

Edited by Onlyasandwich
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 4

I face-planted and ran back to missions a dozen times on one character before I remembered that I'd picked up Return to Battle.  It was on the tray, it was highlighted every time I went down, and I still forgot it.

I have Misdirection, Shadow Field and Haunt on my Dark/Martial dominator, and I forget to use all of them.  I remind myself to use Link Minds... and then I forget after two or three cycles.

OSA, Disruption Arrow and Entangling Arrow on my Grav/TA.  I become so focused on hammering the life out of things with my melee attacks, I don't remember that I have anything else.

Yeah, if it's not in slots 1-6, chances are I've forgotten it exists.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

I am the master of forgetting I have both renewal of light and return to battle. Despite the fact that I generally get them on every toon I always seem to forget. Once someone dropped a rez on me while i was waiting for the group standing on top of me to get killed to use a rez i already had in my insp tray... it was too much stupid for me to admit on the team 😆 

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Placate. Every now and then my blaster that has it draws the ire of those damned Carnies. Thwop. Oh…I could a….sh*t…

(then I end up using the rez from the same pool…I think it’s the same pool…damn I forget I have that one too…)

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

Whenever I play my my Beasts/Nature MM for the first time in a few days, I forget about Entangling Aura.  I’ll get through entire mission arcs before realizing, “Oh, yeah—I could have taken most of the minions and lieutenants out of combat if I’d remembered that toggle.”

On my Beam Rifle/Devises blaster, its the Gun Drone that I usually forget.

1 minute ago, TNT said:

Phase Shift.  I have it on several characters for emergency usage but I hardly ever remember it until I am already resting my nose on the floor.  

Right there with you on this one!

Additionally, if I do happen to remember it I already have DoT damage on me that kills me anyhow.

• Personal Force Field
  • Rune of Warding
  • All the Accolade clickies:  Eye of the Magus, Geas, Vanguard Medal, Elusive Mind, Crey Pistol
  • Any T9 uber-protection power from a defensive set (Unstappable, Elude, Strength of Will, etc, etc, etc)
  • Vengeance

....there's probably more, but I always I forget I have these and to use them when needed.

I have had teleport in the past, and found it one of those powers I had but never used.

Then I decided to make a character who had no other travel powers. 

This forced me to use it and use it well. To make those keybinds and practice them. To train my mind to recognize when those powers were best to use. And to learn how to get around a city filled with big buildings with a line of sight teleport. My secret? Go up high. 

With combat teleport and teleport, I bind my "Goto-Key" -- 'G'. 

G alone combat teleports me to my current target, friend or foe. And shift-G uses regular teleport. I need to catch up to the team lead? Boom, I'm there; right through walls. Someone's down and we could venge and rez them? Boom, I'm there. I'm in over my head and need to get to my team? Boom, I'm there. My team's split? I can be with both parts in rapid succession. You get the idea.

I still have a love-hate with it. But it works, and can work well.

1 hour ago, Frozen Burn said:
  • Vengeance

One million percent vengeance. I often take it at 49 as a mule for LotG and I never use it because it tends to conflict with my preferred playstyle of faceplanting, panicking, or running away. 

I also love teleport and the old shift+lbutton is a legend among the binds in my bind file. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I found myself with that problem with teleport, and then I played a warshade, and got its bindings set up - someone had created a bind for shift-left click to teleport, and I was like... "huh."

And on that character I used it all. the. time.

If you haven't tried it, see if the MF'n Warshade build helps you out with remembering that. 😉

Incarnate powers, partly owing to the fact my trays are already full by the time they come along so they can sometime get stuck over out of the way in weird spots and oh look, my Incarnate shields were recharged all this time and I didn't even pop them when we first walked in here either.  This also often happens with Vengeance for me.

• Like 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

A lesser known bind trick with teleport....you can type the following to teleport you to where your mouse cursor is without changing it to the teleport rings that you have to click to confirm the destination. This allows you to speed up the teleportation process significantly.

"/bind (whatever key or button combo you want for teleport), powexec_location cursor teleport"

Otherwise I do like using the target variety as well to go around corners without visibility, and the vertical ascension teleport binds to teleport directly up to max range, so you can quickly get over a number of buildings.

With a little slotting and some skill, it is hard to be beat to a door if you're good at teleporting.

I took teleport with my MA brute so that I can tp next to a mob activate eagle's claw while still in the air because it looks so cool.

I mostly forget to do that snd since my character is as small as can be and most mobs are overly tall, I end up kicking them in the knee.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

As SeraphimKensai mentioned the teleport to mouse cursor effect is very useful.

The Warshade build I use binds it to shift+lbutton so that all I have to do is press shift and then left click where I want to go.

This does have the strange side effect of occasionally having to teleport twice because just hitting shift starts the cast, but as long as you remember to lift the shift key before clicking you should be good.