Copy everything Thunderspy has done with Masterminds and other stuff.

There is nothing wrong with stealing great ideas. Thunderspy has some very great changes to my favorite archetype and I feel the devs here should look into copying everything you see there. Let's face it, Thunderspy will never get the players this place has. You may as well consume them and monopolize.

Edited by eldriyth
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 18

You think those ideas are unique to Thunderspy? They're not.  Thunderspy just got theirs out first. At what cost to stability and so on? Well, that's a different thing entirely.

• Like 5
  • Thumbs Down 1

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

If I wanted to play on Thunderspy, I'd be over there.

Homecoming takes things at a deliberate pace, tries to be good stewards of the IP and works through their development. That's why I'm here. If I wanted spaghetti thrown on the walls to see what stuck, I'd do it myself and argue with the landlords later.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

Sometimes a good idea can be marred by a poor implementation;  I think this is what we've seen on many other CoH servers.  My first impulse may be "I want everything now", but seeing how many of these other servers have very low populations or are just otherwise buggy, I think taking our, (the devs'), time is the best approach...

Edited by biostem
  • Thumbs Up 2

While there are certain ideas from other servers that would be fun to utilize here - costume creator expansions mostly - I don't think that should extend to AT balance decisions. Homecoming's measured, evenhanded approach of crafting fully functional futureproof solutions instead of 'Wouldn't it be cool if?' kludging is part of what keeps the community going. There's no risk of massive, possibly game-breaking bugs or abrupt, slapdash changes in content, the positive side of which is mostly a novelty whose shine would wear off more quickly than not.

• Like 1

Global is @El D, Everlasting Player, Recovering Altaholic.

image.png.a0942d51428eaca5ba8aafdda59dc3b0.png harsh..

"great changes to my favorite archetype" @eldriyth, perhaps you could list some of what you liked for those of us who are unaware?

• Thumbs Up 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

I tried out ThunderSpy and What I liked on ThunderSpy  (they have nice people that play) but on the game was the fact I could make an androgynous looking woodland hairy character with a flat chest that was 2 feet tall that looked like it belong in a forest somewhere like a brownie. The character designer is fun. The color choice palette was a little complicated for what I like but still those options may be fun for some people.

What was also fun in a different way was making a huge tall that was still able to fit in caves without getting stuck anywhere. I noticed that and was like, why wasn't that on live if it can be created here? The ability to not be /stuck.

I have limited time to play City Of so choose to focus on HC and that's where peeps I know the most from live are,  but I think they have some fun things to try out on different servers. 

• Like 2

Buddy the Elf makes debut for HUB Late Night

Untitled.jpg

So make suggestions for the things you like and see if the devs are willing to try.

Edit: Please specify what your suggestions are though. Asking the dev team to go check out another game and just "copy everything" is a rather big ask.

Edited by Rudra
  • Thumbs Up 3

You don't need more than 1 costume slot. There are people that like to have varied looks for their characters, like me. Sometimes 12 costume slots isn't enough. I'm not giving any up for my pets. (Edit: I still want customizable pets.)

Edited by Rudra

Not a criticism of anyone but HC does a good job being HC.  Same as Thunderspy and all the other servers I visit for a day, week, month or hour.   I come back to HC.

The COH playerbase, which has always fought with itself since issue 0 now has the ability to have many eclectic COH installation and should enjoy getting what they asked for.    

• Thumbs Up 2

"She who lives by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral, all too often dies by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral."  -Doc Buzzsaw

Pineapple 🍍 Pizza 🍕 is my thumbs up. 

On 6/11/2022 at 1:53 AM, eldriyth said:

There is nothing wrong with stealing great ideas. Thunderspy has some very great changes to my favorite archetype and I feel the devs here should look into copying everything you see there. Let's face it, Thunderspy will never get the players this place has. You may as well consume them and monopolize.

They're incompatible in code or something? I dunno. But every single thing TS releases is a buggy mess. Cool! Decent concept, but boy is it buuuuugy. They have the Primalist, an AT I would literally make two of( I never make two of the same Epic AT.) if it weren't so buggy/was on here. But alas, incompatibility engine wise 😧

Aspiring show writer through AE arcs and then eventually a script 😛

AE Arcs: Odd Stories-Arc ID: 57289| An anthology series focusing on some of your crazier stories that you'd save for either a drunken night at Pocket D or a mindwipe from your personal psychic.|The Pariahs: Magus Gray-Arc ID: 58682| Magus Gray enlists your help in getting to the bottom of who was behind the murder of the Winter Court.|

8 hours ago, kelika2 said:

You just dont like it because you know it as the 4chan server and you think you are better than that.  This is a healthy exercise of 'getting over yourself'

You do want to better yourself for real, right?

It is the 4chan server in that it's wild west. And some random internet person thinking they know what's better for someone else?  I gotcha:

Your new home:

https://www.reddit.com/

Aspiring show writer through AE arcs and then eventually a script 😛

AE Arcs: Odd Stories-Arc ID: 57289| An anthology series focusing on some of your crazier stories that you'd save for either a drunken night at Pocket D or a mindwipe from your personal psychic.|The Pariahs: Magus Gray-Arc ID: 58682| Magus Gray enlists your help in getting to the bottom of who was behind the murder of the Winter Court.|

Why would we take something that someone else worked on for our own?  Even pretending that their 32 bit CoH were compatible with our 64 bit,  if every server were the same there would be no point in having different server groups anymore.

• Like 1