Dastard of Fault..and other names

Ukase

The HC Wiki is void of information. 

I've only recently found a reference to read the old CoH comics and I've not yet finished them. 

I just completed Penny Yin's arc, and in the last mission, there are some Anethema, lost bosses within it. One in particular is called "Dastard of Fault". 

This is an odd name. Granted, all the Lost are fairly strange, but what's up with this name? I can grasp "Dastard of Faultline", but "Dastard of Fault"...not really sure that's a catchy name. 
Is there some lore/story tied to this name? 

I thought it was Dastardly of Faultline as in a reference to Dick Dasterdly from Wacky Racers and of course Laff Olympics but now I am questioning myself considering there was a Muxley as opposed to Dastardly's dog Muttley; age, alcohol and hope probably all a factor in my confusion.

Edited by High_Beam
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

The names are all homages to The Wacky Races.

Slag - Rock and Gravel Slag - two cavemen in a stone car

Gruesome - the Gruesome Twosome

Blast - Sergeant Blast who drove a tank

Ruffcut - Rufus Ruffcut, who was a lumberjack and drove a car with circular saws for wheels

Ant - the Ant Hill Gang - bunch of really short mobsters

Blubber - Lazy Luke and Blubber Bear

Dastard - Dick Dastardly

Edit:  FYI, I was able to remember all but two of those.  I had to look up Blast and Ruffcut.

Edited by Ironblade
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 5

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

3 hours ago, Astralock said:

Give it time.

I say we go right ahead and call for blood now, why wait?

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

Ah, the Wacky Races... the stuff of my childhood. Dick and Muttley were my favourite back then (I was like 5 or 7???), so I suppose I was predisposed to be a villain?

I also remember mishearing the name Anthill Mob to Anvil Mob and for the life of me could not fathom what the pint-sized mafioso had to do with (acme) anvils. I only found out a few years ago haha.

22 hours ago, Glacier Peak said:

Yikes! This is sarcastic right? 🙄 

Sure.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

The Wacky Races cartoon was inspired by the 1965 movie "The Great Race" starring Tony Curtis, Natalie Wood and Jack Lemmon, written/directed by Blake Edwards (of Pink Panther fame). Really worth watching if you've never seen it.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0059243/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

4 hours ago, Uun said:

The Wacky Races cartoon was inspired by the 1965 movie "The Great Race" starring Tony Curtis, Natalie Wood and Jack Lemmon, written/directed by Blake Edwards (of Pink Panther fame). Really worth watching if you've never seen it.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0059243/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

Its a great fun film if just for the pie fight and the frozen mustache.

"Leslie escaped with a chicken!?"

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

38 minutes ago, BlackSpectre said:

add all this stuff to the wiki, quick!

Looks like most of it was already there, although I did a little cleanup and added Dastard, who was missing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AboveTheChemist said:

Looks like most of it was already there, although I did a little cleanup and added Dastard, who was missing.

You’re awesome, man! I was being a bit tongue-in-cheek, but never-the-less it’s fantastic that you took the time to verify and clean up the page. 

OK, let me be serious for just one second… Although I won’t say there isn’t missing information nor obsolete data still at the HC Wiki (there are thousands upon thousands of pages there),  over the last year it’s undergone a huge transformation. Hundreds of pages updated, hundreds of new pages added. Enough new and updated information has been added to push it over the threshold and it can no longer be thought of as merely a clone of Of an outdated wiki. There’s some great information there now, enough to make it a formidable resource. 

• Like 1

On 9/16/2022 at 8:30 PM, BlackSpectre said:

Is not.

But still, add all this stuff to the wiki, quick! 😉 

I should have been more precise. I used the search function in the HC wiki and came up void of results. (before changes were made)

And, I do try to add a note to the HC Wiki when doing so won't impact the progress of team play. Generally speaking, I tend to do the same things, so I don't usually run into new territory. 

• Thumbs Up 1

And yes Muxley is a ref to Dastardly's dog Muttley (he of the wheezy laugh)

AE ARC's (So Far!)

--------------------

15252 Child of the Tsoo - [SFMA] Ninjas, sorcerers, and human trafficking (Origin Story - Stick Figure/Storm Lotus)

50769 Hunt of the Eclipse - [SFMA] Finding something that was lost to Arachnos for nearly 20 years (Origin Story - Daisy Chain)

53149 Spells as a Service - [SFMA] When a young hacker makes a connection between magic and mathematics and encodes it into a computer program, chaos breaks loose!

On 9/14/2022 at 10:15 PM, Glacier Peak said:

I thought this was going to be a pitchfork and torches thread for the developer 🤣

On 9/14/2022 at 10:16 PM, Astralock said:

Give it time.

On 9/15/2022 at 2:09 AM, Clave Dark 5 said:

I say we go right ahead and call for blood now, why wait?

image.png.559bb7438727cf23c82118405c5223c6.png

• Haha 2