What are your plans for i27p5?

kelika2

My last defender is getting rerolled as we speak into a corr.  Between higher damage and power availability shuffling.  In Corr numbers, Forge will be available at level 24(19 exemplared) and blazing bolt at level 22(17 ex).  that level range will have all my core abilities ready to roll for random paper/radio/low level tfs.

Also so many Sentinels to consider. 

Rifle/willpower with a non-in-game generic name and dedicate all costume slots to random gunners throughout the ages.  Gunman McBulletface for example

Pistol/Fire to explain fire rounds also have a fire dot proc to have with my fire dots.  and burn!  burn and hail of bullets or even rain of bullets.

Psi/willpower and pretend willpower is psychic armor

• Like 1

Probably do a ton of respeccing. I mostly play Tanks, so the availability changes are pretty big. Just off the top of my head, my Fire/MA, Rad/SS, and SR/DM will all be getting a look at. Oh yeah, and every Blaster too. I think I have some Scrappers that could also use a look at. And I have a couple of Controllers to consider as well. And my... Defenders.

What have I done to receive such punishment?

• Haha 2

Mainly on Excelsior. Find me in game @Spaghetti Betty.

AE Arcs:  Big Magic Blowout! 41612 | The Meta-Human Wrestling Association 44683 | MHWA Part 2 48577

Click to look at my pets!

Make a Necro/Time mastermind and tell myself 'this is it, this is your main' then go and make a Merc/Dark mastermind and tell myself 'this is it, this is your main' then go and make a Ninja/Trap mastermind and tell myself 'this is it, this is your main' then go and make a..

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

Probably a Martial Arts Tanker. Going straight for Storm Kick is nice.

• Thumbs Up 2

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

Probably an fire/energy aura sentinel or a fire/psi tank. I really want to like psi melee and always felt the T9 came too late as it’s the showcase, thinking I can probably try it out now and enjoy. And I’m interested to see if I can notice the FA updates, I did a little on the beta but would quite like to see how it goes.

edit: also probably /time on a corr. I’ve always found it quite a tight set and the extra slot is handy

Edited by Xiddo
  • Like 1

@Xiddo on Excel. Alts: Agent Betel - V_archetypeicon_dominator.png.5633ed21aff3ea441cdd024895843d4a.png  Athosin - Archetypeicon_peacebringer.png.9e329a8a509066a020fd4635ccbb4385.png  Nisotha - image.png.c44c4b37be8839626cedeee9a8966397.png  Anapos - V_archetypeicon_corruptor.png.f105930c83b316a39d147c7de8c7e017.png  Atomic Chilli - V_archetypeicon_brute.png.b1e0b25149b74ff24ce1fd3603064e6e.png  Bainbridge - image.png.fc49fb2cec0488ed5cd6d82f5ea9260a.png

A Demons/Pain Mastermind that I was planning to start a little while back (even pre-bought the enhancements for it and everything) is gonna be Necro/Pain instead, probably.

Also, an Illusion/ Dominator of some flavor.  I haven't settled on the flavor, though. Thematically, I like /Dark with it, but I'm having trouble coming up with a build I like.

I'm probably going to dust off some of my sentinals, though I'm also thinking of parking a lot of characters because of too many to respec.

I'm finally getting to redo my computer setup, so being able to run this on more than a 15" laptop from 2012 since May.

Well, it depends on if my reroll is 50 or not.  However, after that, likely reroll my Illusion/Traps Troller to Illusion/Energy Dominator as she was always meant to be.  A few respecs but mostly, waiting for the next page and hoping for some Defense Sets that maybe help my concepts 😛

Stone/Fire Tanker or Fire/Stone Sentinel, haven't made up my mind.  I liked both after messing around with them on beta a bit.  I should probably build out a decent Tanker since I haven't found one that really clicks yet (the new power availability will help me not get bored).

Also going to see if my Blaster's build needs to be tweaked now that I can ditch Ring of Fire.  

I still haven't finished my rounds from the latest page 4 patch, free respecs, and tailor tokens. A lot of my 50 toons have been getting a mostly successful and much needed respec. These are to update them with what I've learned since they were last played and to try new builds that I wasn't prepared to spring inf for a respec purchase.

What started it all was the name retrieval system slowly being put into place. I had to cull my lowbies and just keep the concepts, costumes and names I was really interested in. I think I may have released 50 of them back into the wild (which brought me down to 120 or so). So a few name switching amongst my alts to those that better fit their power sets. Then came a few costume changes and updates to fit the name; and an occasional build overhaul based on the new name, concept, and costume.

Once page 5 drops, I will have to do another round of these for my Sentinels (I've got 10 at 50 plus 2 mid-level ones) which are getting quite an update. Having recently revisited them, I've been reminded how much I enjoyed them. Along with that will be to try some of the new Sentinel powers that are coming. Same goes for my MMs; IIRC I have 2 50s, 4 mid level ones, and 4 project toons--one of which is a petless =).

Not in any particular order:

• Robotics/Electrical Affinity Mastermind
  • Robotics/Force Field Mastermind
  • Robotics/Trick Arrow Mastermind
  • Thugs/Time Manipulation Mastermind
  • Beam Rifle/Force Field Corruptor
  • Dual Pistols/Force Field Corruptor
  • Water Blast/Force Field Corruptor
  • Ice Blast/Trick Arrow Corruptor
  • Water Blast/Trick Arrow Corruptor
  • Battle Axe/Bio Armor Brute
  • Battle Axe/? Brute (haven't decided on secondary for second one yet)
  • Beam Rifle/? Sentinel (haven't decided on secondary yet... was going to go Stone Armor until I saw that you need to be near the ground.  Homey don't play that.)
  • Dual Pistols/? Sentinel (haven't decided on secondary yet... was going to go Stone Armor until I saw that you need to be near the ground.  Homey don't play that.)
  • Water Blast/? Sentinel (haven't decided on secondary yet... was going to go Stone Armor until I saw that you need to be near the ground.  Homey don't play that.)

I'm going to have so much grinding for the four passive accolades and Incarnate abilities ahead of me.  I look forward to it. :classic_biggrin:

Edited by Astralock

1 hour ago, Snarky said:

mostly going back to soloing old content.  really not liking everyone wanting to do +4/x8 speedrun of hardmode new content and expecting me to be at the missions end 2 min after the mish is posted.

I'm not a fan of speed hard modes either, especially the ones that skip AVs.  Have you tried forming your own?

A Stone/Axe Tanker. It nips at Fire Armor's heels in offense while being a bastion of survival unlike FA. Usually I'd stick to FA for the better AoE but Axe has that well covered.

39 minutes ago, Sovera said:

A Stone/Axe Tanker. It nips at Fire Armor's heels in offense while being a bastion of survival unlike FA. Usually I'd stick to FA for the better AoE but Axe has that well covered.

Well, Stone Tanker does have better survival, however, I feel my Resist capped Fire Tanker who also has a focus on recharge, does pretty well on survival.  I can't speak for the Hardcore content, but my Fire/Axe has been nice on the survival 🙂

3 minutes ago, BrandX said:

Well, Stone Tanker does have better survival, however, I feel my Resist capped Fire Tanker who also has a focus on recharge, does pretty well on survival.  I can't speak for the Hardcore content, but my Fire/Axe has been nice on the survival 🙂

BrandX, it's a Tanker, it is meant to survive well. But one has near 90% resistance to endurance -and- recovery, dodges all the debuff carrying attacks, dodges psi, has baked in recharge, has 51% DDR, has capped HP.

To be fair anything that ignores or eats defense will hurt the Stoner since 51% isn't much.

2 minutes ago, Sovera said:

BrandX, it's a Tanker, it is meant to survive well. But one has near 90% resistance to endurance -and- recovery, dodges all the debuff carrying attacks, dodges psi, has baked in recharge, has 51% DDR, has capped HP.

To be fair anything that ignores or eats defense will hurt the Stoner since 51% isn't much.

Well yeah, but since the comment was about survival and it being a Tanker, just thought I'd say, Fire could be a good way to go.  Get more damage out there 😉

1 minute ago, BrandX said:

Well yeah, but since the comment was about survival and it being a Tanker, just thought I'd say, Fire could be a good way to go.  Get more damage out there 😉

I read ya. But like I said and to my surprise, Stone is right nipping at FA.

I did not run extensive tests but I had this:

Stone/Axe:

Pylon 4:52 - 5:09
Trapdoor 6:11 - 5:57

Fire/Axe:

Pylon 4:56 - 4:30
Trapdoor 5:22 - 5:36

4 hours ago, Sovera said:

I read ya. But like I said and to my surprise, Stone is right nipping at FA.

I did not run extensive tests but I had this:

Stone/Axe:

Pylon 4:52 - 5:09
Trapdoor 6:11 - 5:57

Fire/Axe:

Pylon 4:56 - 4:30
Trapdoor 5:22 - 5:36

The builds, attack change and more seen would be something to look at in order to assess the testing conditions/variables etc.  Im not trying to necessarily invalidate what you're saying but saying that more empirical evidence would help support it.