They got to be kidding with the Seismic Blast on a Sentinel

Diantane

Not everything has to be a wrecking train. Some things can pass as just being fun.  Even better if it's fun + effective. 

I have been having an absolute blast with my seismic/super reflexes sentinel and it performs reasonably good to for me.  That's good enough for me.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's redundant. We already have powers were you throw rocks at people if you want that sort of thing.

Spoiler

I'm kidding here.

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

I haven't tried it on a Sentinel yet, but I actually really like my Seismic/Earth Blaster. Seismic Blast can use a fair number of procs and knockdowns can be nice soft CC. The main downside is the delay on Meteor kinda sucks. If you're not taking advantage of a lot of procs I'd give that a try.

@Lev N

Excelsior/Everlasting/Rebirth

🏒🍁🏳️‍🌈

2 minutes ago, Nurvus said:

The main downside is the delay on Meteor kinda sucks.

Oh, I don't know, on my blaster I'll often start Meteor, hop in, fire off Rock Shards and the combination leaves nice, big ex-spawns.  But, yeah, I lead that with meteor and take advantage of the time it takes.

Edited by Greycat
  • Thumbs Up 2

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

2 hours ago, Diantane said:

Tried it on a blaster when it was first released and thought it to be under-powered then (abandoned). Putting it on a sentinel would be really weak. 

If it was a Dark powerset I would run it on Blaster or Sentinel and never look back.  It is 100% ranged.   You take a 100% ranged and the trade off in power (say compared to energy or fire) can be well worth it.  Yes, you do less damage.  Except when you just hang at range, rarely moving, and act as fire support.  The time a normal Blaster or Sentinel spends repositioning is time they are not doing DPS.  The time they take healing they are not… you get the picture.  But you have to like the role    If your goal is to throw out numbers that make a Pylon tremble you should prob take Beam Rifle

1 hour ago, Nurvus said:

I haven't tried it on a Sentinel yet, but I actually really like my Seismic/Earth Blaster. Seismic Blast can use a fair number of procs and knockdowns can be nice soft CC. The main downside is the delay on Meteor kinda sucks. If you're not taking advantage of a lot of procs I'd give that a try.

1 hour ago, Greycat said:

Oh, I don't know, on my blaster I'll often start Meteor, hop in, fire off Rock Shards and the combination leaves nice, big ex-spawns.  But, yeah, I lead that with meteor and take advantage of the time it takes.

Meteor immediately followed by Upthrust means the Upthrust will arrive at the same time as the Meteor. 

The delay is a glorious thing.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

Meteor > Upthrust > Rock Shards = dead mob, even without a KB to KD in meteor the shards will usually still hit, and the entire mob is dead.

You just need to be willing to push forward quicker than normal on a seismic.

Oh yeah, chain-kd-stun is glorious, enemies cannot do damage if they are constantly being chain-knocked.  Really, Seismic is a defensive blast set, and I love it for it.

• Like 1

I totally love my Rock Blaster Krystalla . . . super fun.

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Totally Cali, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

Guess I wasn't soloing ToT EBs on my Nature/Seismic defender then.

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

1 hour ago, Frozen Burn said:

Everyone should stop feeding the troll... the OP is notorious for making ill-informed statements like here, and then never returning to the thread.  

If you cut the fat, you cut the flavor.

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

My problem with seismic blast on any AT is that the knockdowns fail you when you really really need them.

This is true of any knock heavy power set like Stone melee. Most non ToT EBs, most mobs in ITFs or Valeria, are very knockdown resistant. 

Someone will say, but every power set has a group it does not do well against, which is true. But given the popularity of Cimerora TFs and arc. It's a pretty commonly experienced part of the game. Unlike say the Shadow Shard.

2 hours ago, Frozen Burn said:

Everyone should stop feeding the troll... the OP is notorious for making ill-informed statements like here, and then never returning to the thread.  

That is not even good trolling.  You got to keep poking the thread, like a fire when it has tiny amount of fuel.  Only step back when it explodes!

• Haha 1