Discrimination

Like most Vets I have quite a few tweaked out 50's

While gearing up I notice a distinct lack of set bonus'

Specifically for travel powers.

There are many run bonus

I think I've seen a few global travel speed. which would apply to everything

except teleport

I DEMAND (and by demand i mean humbly request with great vigor) parity!

(the previous line was embellished for humor and is not meant to be taken literally)

seriously though, can we get a global range bonus proc or something?

• Like 1

Its easy to criticize a suggestion but can you suggest an alternative?

You can 4 slot Teleport with Warp. Gives you a nice 7.5% range bonus.

Bombardment in your ranged AoEs is nice too. I find myself often 6 slotting it as I like all its bonuses.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

There are 11 IO sets that grant range set bonuses, 6 if you drop the ATO sets completely.

https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Set_Bonus_Comparison_Tables

(Edit: And if you're talking about Teleport range instead of attack range? Warp and Jaunt have two enhancements each that have a range component, while Time and Space Manipulation has one enhancement with a range component. Further, Warp also has a global range bonus as a set bonus. So all three teleport sets boost teleportation range.)

Edited by Rudra

57 minutes ago, Saiyajinzoningen said:

There are many run bonus

There are 24 +Movement Speed set bonuses (applicable to running, jumping and flying).

There are 3 +Range set bonuses which are broadly applicable (Bombardment, Experienced Marksman and Warp, sets not restricted by archetype), and 10 in ATOs.

There are 2 set IOs which buff Run Speed exclusively - Gift of the Ancients: Def/+7.5% Run Speed and Synapse's Shock: EndMod/+15% Run Speed (Unique).

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/many

• Thumbs Down 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

Teleport is excluded from movement speed (fly, jump, run) on purpose.  They would need to add improved range if they wanted to increase teleport.  This creates a problem since that would increase the range of all your ranged attacks as well as increasing teleport range. Teleport is also the fastest movement power despite being very clicky and doesnt suppress in combat.  

+Range set bonuses are few in number but cant be added to movement speed set bonuses without turning every ranged character into full sniper mode with the actual sniper ability probably able to hit hamidon from the safe rock.

I demand justice…

…and cookies!

• Like 1

Find me on Everlasting or Indom as:
Marbing (Psi/Rad Corruptor), Fortunata Moon (Fortunata Widow), Dynanight (Fire/DM Tank), Timesync (Elec/Time Corruptor), Static Sparrow (Elec/TA Controller), Cryo Punk (Ice/Cold Controller), Chamelea (SJ/Bio Stalker)Sword Fist (Claws/SR Scrapper), Mangusuu (DP/Nin Blaster), Blink Shot (Beam/Martial Blaster), Ratchet Dog (Beam/Traps Corruptor), Phonoalgia (Pain/Sonic Defender), Powered (FF/Energy Defender), Nullpunkt (Rad/Kin Corruptor), Black Fate (Fire/Therm Corruptor), Mirror Mage (Ill/Dark Controller),Gravoc (Gravity/Energy Dominator), Mind Pyre (Fire/Psi Dominator), Nettlethorn (Plant/Thorn Dominator), Boggle Blade (Psi/Invuln Stalker), Kelvin White (Ice/Regen Stalker), Dead Haze (Katana/DA Scrapper), Echo Boom (Sonic/EM Blaster), Ceyko (Archery/Time Blaster), Sleep Doctor (Mind/Poison Controller)Nachteule (DP/Dark Corruptor)Fulgrax (Axe/Elec Armor Scrapper)Void Knife (DB/Ice Stalker)Tryptophan Zombie (Mind/Kin Controller)Indo Manata (WP/Staff Tank), Masuku (Claws/WP Stalker)Blackbright (Rad/Energy Sentinel), Bedlam Bane (Sonic/Poison Corruptor), Helena Black (Necro/EA Mastermind), Boom Ranger (Sonic/TA Corruptor), Grave Sentinel (FF/Dark Defender), Dead-Life (DM/Regen Brute), Red Gloom (Dark/Pain Corruptor), Marble Marbina (Thugs/FF Mastermind)

22 hours ago, Bopper said:

You can 4 slot Teleport with Warp. Gives you a nice 7.5% range bonus.

Bombardment in your ranged AoEs is nice too. I find myself often 6 slotting it as I like all its bonuses.

Nah, I agree with the OP on this, Bopper. (Oh, and hi, Bopper! Was just asking about you the other day, good to see you are still here.) There are sets all over the place the help run, jump speed, but very few, and I do mean very few that help with Teleport and Flight. I would at very least like to see all of the run/jump/flight speed buffs (unless they are specifically tied to travel power IO's) be global for all travel powers. Would be nice anyway, but not detrimental if it never happens.

12 hours ago, TheZag said:

Teleport is excluded from movement speed (fly, jump, run) on purpose.  They would need to add improved range if they wanted to increase teleport.  This creates a problem since that would increase the range of all your ranged attacks as well as increasing teleport range. Teleport is also the fastest movement power despite being very clicky and doesnt suppress in combat.  

+Range set bonuses are few in number but cant be added to movement speed set bonuses without turning every ranged character into full sniper mode with the actual sniper ability probably able to hit hamidon from the safe rock.

HJmmm, which is a direct problem to my post above. I wonder if there is a way to create a breaking path in the code that can differentiate the two and make them applicably path to the Range of Teleport without affecting powers? I'm sure more code involved than it is worth, but...I can hope.

I have a bunch of characters with teleport and +Range and the number of times I overshoot my target while teleporting is fairly common.  Though I'm getting pretty good at finding ways to "ricochet" to the correct spot.

Teleport got a huge buff when the hang time was increased.  It went from quick, but annoying at times to my go to travel power.  I still prefer flight for feel and most concepts, but teleport is probably now my most used travel power.  And then the utility of teleport target and fold space...

24 minutes ago, Andreah said:

I agree teleport does not need more range, and that it would be a problem if +Range were more common than it already is.

How about +Hang Time, or a proc to covert hang time into actual short duration hover?

There is a brief period where the hang time functions like Hover, except you can't move up. You can move around laterally and not have the fall start, for a couple seconds looks like, which helps me get on surfaces I can't see when I teleport up. Teleport to edge of the surface I want to get up to, move towards it and jump. I'm on top of the surface (building in GV usually) that I couldn't place my teleport for.

Edited by Rudra
Edited to add missing "not".

2 hours ago, Solarverse said:

Nah, I agree with the OP on this, Bopper. (Oh, and hi, Bopper! Was just asking about you the other day, good to see you are still here.) There are sets all over the place the help run, jump speed, but very few, and I do mean very few that help with Teleport and Flight. I would at very least like to see all of the run/jump/flight speed buffs (unless they are specifically tied to travel power IO's) be global for all travel powers. Would be nice anyway, but not detrimental if it never happens.

The thing about Flight for me? Even without any global movement buffs, let alone fly speed buffs, I drop a single Fly/Endurance enhancement in Flight, and I find my fly speed is capped. There are 24 sets that grant a global fly speed bonus, by the way.

Edit: https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Set_Bonus_Comparison_Tables (Every set in the movement list grants bonuses for run, jump, and fly.)

Edited by Rudra
Edited again to add a colon and "global" before "fly".
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Rudra said:

The thing about Flight for me? Even without any global movement buffs, let alone fly speed buffs, I drop a single Fly/Endurance enhancement in Flight, and I find my fly speed is capped. There are 24 sets that grant a fly speed bonus, by the way.

Yea, I have one character who has a hover that is around the same speed as the temp fly powers.

5 minutes ago, Andreah said:

There are some teleport mods available in CohModder. Ofc, you would be the only one to see them.

Thanks, but that kind of defeats the purpose, I think, if only I can see the animation.

It would be great to be able to select from optional animations for it in the tailor, and could use the animations from other existing teleport powers, like Burst of Speed's 'run-start' kind of animation, or Shield Charge's tackle posture, or the more mage-like gesture (with and/or without the rune circle) attached to Mystic Flight->Translocation.

Edited by A.I.D.A.
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Rudra said:

The thing about Flight for me? Even without any global movement buffs, let alone fly speed buffs, I drop a single Fly/Endurance enhancement in Flight, and I find my fly speed is capped. There are 24 sets that grant a global fly speed bonus, by the way.

Edit: https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Set_Bonus_Comparison_Tables (Every set in the movement list grants bonuses for run, jump, and fly.)

Ah, I guess it's just so easy to reach capped flight speed. So much for that idea, heh.

1 hour ago, A.I.D.A. said:

The only thing teleport needs is more animation options in the tailor, besides just that silly "put both my arms up" animation.

• Like 1

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

On 9/11/2023 at 11:55 AM, Saiyajinzoningen said:

except teleport

You might want to look into:

https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Category:Sets_for_improving_Teleport 

-and-

https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Category:Sets_for_improving_Universal_Travel (which have 2 +range per set each)

I see no reason not to push for +range added to Winter's Gift for slotting 3 other than the set bonus adding globally across all powers.

On 9/11/2023 at 11:55 AM, Saiyajinzoningen said:

While gearing up I notice a distinct lack of set bonus'

Specifically for travel powers.

There are many run bonus

I think I've seen a few global travel speed. which would apply to everything

except teleport

I can't tell for sure if you are just looking for set bonus or just trying to find ways to increase the range of teleport aka teleport "faster".

If you could have have a teleport enhancement set with different set bonuses from the existing sets, what would it/they be?

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

6 hours ago, A.I.D.A. said:

Just because Nightcrawler does it that way, doesn't mean it doesn't look silly!

I'm not sure why that looks silly.

Nightcrawler-X-Men-Marvel-Comics-Wagner-

6 hours ago, A.I.D.A. said:

At the very least, more cosmetic options is literally always good and never bad.

Cosmetics aren't bad.

It takes time for DEVs to do animations and that has be the thing they are into in order to do it.

What are your suggestions for "good" teleport power exec SFX?