6 slot health and stamina? Pros/Cons

Maybe there's an outlier or two, but I cannot imagine a set bonus in either Health or Stamina that would justify not using those slots anywhere else in the build.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Well, which is it, young feller?  You want I should freeze or get down on the ground?
If'n I freeze, I can't rightly drop.  And if'n I drop I'll be in motion.

The only reason I can see to 6-slot either Health or Stamina would be for set bonuses. IMO any other non-Auto power that takes the (non-global) enhancements is a better choice of slots. If another power is an Auto (or an early enough power that will be always on) power, I may not invest even a second slot in either Health or Stamina, depending on how tight the build is.

Almost all my characters 2-slot each of them. I will occasionally add a third slot to Health (for Tankers, 2-slots go to Numina's... because MOAR regeneration..., 1 will be another global). On soft characters with few HP and poor defenses, sometimes I will make sure to have the Power Transfer %Heal added to 2xPerformance Shifters (EndMod and %+End) in Stamina.

Leaping from what @roleki wrote: After the third slot in either power, I'm sure every AT has a better use for the slots.

I don't see how Stamina 6-slotted will ever justify that much investment. At most, you could dedicate 2 slots to maximizing the enhancement for the power (think two +5 IOs), then use the rest for procs/uniques. For Stamina, that would be Performance Shifter and Power Transfer procs.

For Health, you certainly can 6-slot if it suits your build. You have Preventative Medicine's Absorb proc, Panacea's HP/End proc, Numina's Regen/Rec unique, Miracle's Recovery unique, and Regenerative Tissue's Regen unique. That leaves you one slot if you'd like to enhance the Health power. My choice would be +5 Panacea Heal to get 53% enhancement and add a 2.5% recovery set bonus that you don't have to worry about losing to exemplaring. Or ditch the regenerative unique and go with another +5 panacea or go with an attuned numina. The extra enhancement and set bonus may be better off for you.

• Like 2

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

I 6-slotted Physical Perfection since I wanted the 8.75% Recharge bonus. Granted, once I figure out some numbers that might change. 

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

Interesting.  

While in game a couple weeks ago, a teammate messaged that they just 2 slotted each.  Was scratching my head, really?

From the replies so far can see that just a few slots containing procs are preferred strategy for each.

I  have always 6 slotted both health and stamina since the 'live days.'

Seems to make my melee tanky defender more durable for the first 4 or 5 critical seconds during aggro dive into a mob.  Regen and recovery seem almost instant after the initial dive.

On one of my 3 builds, the 'toggle build' I run 10 toggles at all times.  Had to do some creative endurance red/endurance reduction slotting in other powers along with the 6 slot stamina to make it work, but for the others I guess I can get away with fewer slots.

I must be the only one who slots 'em all the way up. lol

• Like 1

PvP Capture the Flag!  Bring some fun into it....

2 hours ago, shortguy on indom said:

6-slotting anything with one type of enhancement died with the introduction of Enhancement Diversification in Issue 6 (2005). You get diminishing returns after the 2nd slot and almost no value for any slots after the 3rd.

https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Enhancement_Diversification

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

yeah as others have said there really isnt any gain from adding more than 2 addiitonal slots to heakth and stamina that you cant get from other powers even with certain set bonuses 4-6 slot bonuses

3 slots max in each is usually always th best bet

My Dear you deserve the services of a great wizard but youll have to settle for the aid of a second rate pick pocket

~Schmendrick

So you mean you'll put down your rock, and I'll put down my sword; and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?

Going to have to deep dive into this health/stamina slotting thing. With some real numbers.

For whatever reason my usual 6 slotting for both works very well.

Thinking for now, is that the incarnates are super boosting what I currently have.
(windows machine down, so i cannot get actual 'game' values for the incarnates or to make a spreadsheet).

In theory, can triple stack incarnates... so I think that is what's going on.

*Incarnates for Health: (Regen)
Alpha-Spiritual = base 33% = 104.6%
or
Alpha-Vigor     = base 33% = 104.6% or 45% = 127.2%

then double dip with
Destiny-Rebirth

then triple dip with
Hybrid-Melee

*Incarnates for Stamina: (End Mod)
Alpha-Agility     = base 33% = 104.6% or 45% = 127.2%
or
Alpha-Musculature = base 33% = 104%

then double dip with
Destiny-Ageless

then triple dip with
Hybrid-Support

As far as I know, do not think that 'Procs' gain anything from incarnate powers but unsure of that.

For the incarnate system numbers which I calculated for the 'chancetohit' spreadsheet, they inc system uses Pre-ED %.

If this is true, could be that filling more slots in these powers is worthwhile in comparison to proccing them out.

Looking into this.

• Confused 1

12 hours ago, Bopper said:

I don't see how Stamina 6-slotted will ever justify that much investment. At most, you could dedicate 2 slots to maximizing the enhancement for the power (think two +5 IOs), then use the rest for procs/uniques. For Stamina, that would be Performance Shifter and Power Transfer procs.

I could see a case where someone thought that the three-piece bonus from Synapse's Shock was worth it for an additional 10% slow resist, but that's a stretch.

• Like 1

Who run Bartertown?

My 3 current builds on my one toon have Regen numbers between 200% to about 290ish% with incarnates off.

Like watching the bar jump up after I jump in and aggro a group.  For me, just need a few seconds to recuperate before my aggro auras take effect on enemy, and I am good to go.

Maybe I am shooting to high of a regen number for my defender.  But not so easy trying to be a two-bit tank with my build.

What numbers do most shoot for?

Not sure what my end mod numbers are, until I can log-on and check.

4 hours ago, shortguy on indom said:

Seems to make my melee tanky defender more durable for the first 4 or 5 critical seconds during aggro dive into a mob.  Regen and recovery seem almost instant after the initial dive.

Health's base value: 40% +Regeneration.  Base time between Regeneration pulses: 12 seconds.

Health with 3x +0 SOs (94.93%):  40 * 1.9493 = 77.972%.  5% HP Regenerated every 12 / 1.78 = 6.74 seconds.

Health with 6x +0 SOs (109.97%):  40 * 2.0997 = 83.988%.  5% HP Regenerated every 12 / 1.84 = 6.52 seconds.

Health with 6x 50+5 Health IOs (127.7%):  40 * 2.277 = 91.08%.  5% HP Regenerated every 12 / 1.91 = 6.28 seconds.

Health with 3x +0 SOs and 1x 10% +Regeneration set bonus: (40 * 1.95) + .1 = 88%.  5% HP Regenerated every 12 / 1.88 = 6.38 seconds.

The same math, and conclusion, applies to Stamina (base value: 25%, base time between pulses: 4 seconds).

Light slotting in Health and Stamina is rational.  Utilizing Heath and Stamina as proc mules or set bonus fodder is rational.  Six-slotting either power with SOs or common IOs is hamstringing yourself.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

32 minutes ago, The Chairman said:

@shortguy on indom: How, specifically, have you six slotted each power? Are we talking sets, SOs, common IOs? Knowing that would assist the discussion.

Set always for me.

Health: Always. (depends on what I currently have more recipes of at the time).

5@Preventive Medicine +1@Panacea Proc

or

5@Panacea + 1@ Preventive Medicine Proc

Base value = 40%

ED value for either set is 80%.  Currently my value is 80%.

Pre-ED value = not sure atm

Stamina: Always

6@Synapse Shock if I need the Mez protection

or

6@Power Transfer if I need more Accuracy.  (been switching for more Acc lately).

Think my 6 slotted value is 40%?

Base value = 25%

ED = ?

Pre-ED = ?

I can't imagine what the 6th slot in Stamina would be, but this doesn't look too bad:
image.png.b454689f8d7fc3264877502db6c0b808.png

Everything is a unique or proc except the 2nd pieces of sets (Numi, Perf Shifter, Power Transfer) which are Heal or End Mod. 

That slotting for Stamina put end mod at ED Max and there's not another proc to slot so there's nothing else to put there.

Personally, I try to minimize slotting in both powers.  It's not atypical for me to have a Pana proc in Health and just a Perf Shifter proc in Stamina.  There are exceptions, just saying it's not atypical.

• Like 1

I come close sometimes.

Various setups:

- full Power Transfer or Synapse's Shock set in Stamina, for the juicy bonuses.

- 3 Synapse's Shock + Perf Shifter proc + Power Transfer proc in Stamina

- Panacea + Numina + Miracle procs in Health. Sometimes I add the Preventive Medicine and Regen Tissue procs + a Numina or Preventive Medicine Healing, if that character has no means of healing

15 hours ago, tidge said:

Leaping from what @roleki wrote: After the third slot in either power, I'm sure every AT has a better use for the slots.

For what it's worth, I usually 3-slot Health with the Miracle/Numina/Panacea procs, and Stamina usually gets 3 slots of Perf Shift, unless I go four slots with two pieces of Power Transfer and two pieces of PerfShift, but that's because I am a nutcase for +Recovery and random green numbers floating over my head.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, which is it, young feller?  You want I should freeze or get down on the ground?
If'n I freeze, I can't rightly drop.  And if'n I drop I'll be in motion.

36 minutes ago, Luminara said:

Light slotting in Health and Stamina is rational.  Utilizing Heath and Stamina as proc mules or set bonus fodder is rational.  Six-slotting either power with SOs or common IOs is hamstringing yourself.

Great write-up!

All seem close when at ED.

Maybe just a small difference when incarnate boosted due to their different Pre-ED values.