Insanity !!!

My brother would say that doing the same thing, with on change is Insanity.   Well i keep doing the same thing, over and over and over.  What i need from you guys is to pick a set of powers that i don't normally play.  So the question is, what do i normally play ??  I find i play alot of characters.  Lately it has been a homage to highlander, Naruto, Jedi, Thunder Cats He Man, and the list goes on.  I'm more of a ranged character.  Some powers i haven't tried are Dark powers, seems to evil to me.  I haven't really given electric controller a real chance.  I don't want to play any type of Energy Blasters, too many DBZ characters.  

25 minutes ago, smnolimits43 said:

What i need from you guys is to pick a set of powers that i don't normally play

Try a katana/ninjitsu scrapper, or if you're feeling a bit more adventurous, try a titan weapon or war mace/ninjitsu scrapper.  I have tried them all and they're rather fun.  Alternatively, give a zombie/cold mastermind a try.  Lastly, I've had good results with an earth control/pain domination controller, (though this one only really shines on a team, IMHO).

How about a walking taco that poops rainbows?

• Like 2
  • Victory: reserved for future use
  • Indom: Schtick, Pummel Pete, Plymouth, Pilkington
  • Reunion: Ghost Legacy, 7s7e7v7e7n7, Mind Funk, Bluto
  • Excelsior: Phrendon Largo, Fred Bumbler, John van der Waals,Allamedia Jones, Tzapt, Sn1pe
  • Torchbearer: Phrendon Largo, Kenny Letter,  Bewm, La Merle, Enflambe', Rock Largo, Bulk of the Weather, Retired Phrendon
  • Everlasting: Phrendon Largo, Krown, Buzz Words, Bicycle Repairman, Dee Fender, Carmela Soprano, Radmental Boy, Beet Salad, Sporanghi,Sue Ahn Cuddy, Fukushima Technician, Snow Globe Girl, Thug Therapist, Apple Brown Betty

11 hours ago, smnolimits43 said:

What i need from you guys is to pick a set of powers that i don't normally play.

How about a Storm Blast/Storm Corruptor or a bots/electricity mastermind?

Are you only looking to play homage characters?

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

12 hours ago, smnolimits43 said:

hmm... making a cook character.  Cookie Monster ?? The Chef from the Puppet Show ??

Only if you bork bork bork in chat.

• Haha 2

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

12 hours ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

I challenge you to play an homage to Julia Child.

My work is done here.

I have Culinarian, though more based on over the top reality cooking shows.    Today's ingredients:  Hydra, Lusca, and a Swarm!

13 hours ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

My work is done here.

Thanks.  They lost me when he started mentioning not wanting to play “evil”.  WTF

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, smnolimits43 said:

hmm... making a cook character.  Cookie Monster ?? The Chef from the Puppet Show ??

The Vegetaritron: A robot chef who escaped the control of his creator.  A Corr with Water/Nature Affinity.  Recolour the water powers into different kind of fruit and vegetable juices. 

Go.  Hunt.  Cook dinner for Skulz.

• Haha 1

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

14 hours ago, smnolimits43 said:

My brother would say that doing the same thing, with on change is Insanity.   Well i keep doing the same thing, over and over and over.  What i need from you guys is to pick a set of powers that i don't normally play.  So the question is, what do i normally play ??  I find i play alot of characters.  Lately it has been a homage to highlander, Naruto, Jedi, Thunder Cats He Man, and the list goes on.  I'm more of a ranged character.  Some powers i haven't tried are Dark powers, seems to evil to me.  I haven't really given electric controller a real chance.  I don't want to play any type of Energy Blasters, too many DBZ characters.  

Doing the same thing over and over again is not insanity - it's just rhythm, habit, cadence - some find comfort in this; others, boredom.  Insanity is:  doing the same thing over and over again AND expecting a different outcome each time you do it.  🙂 

So, of the characters you listed, they all have swords, which is melee - and you state you prefer range.... so your insanity is playing melee each time and still expecting to shoot stuff.  😄  

Well, how about breaking your mold - pick a Blaster, Corruptor, or Sentinel, and instead of creating an homage... just create your own unique hero/vigilante/rogue/villain.  I am sure you know enough about the game to know what you like and don't like.  You've seen other sets you haven't played and they might look neat.  Pick a combo, create your own concept for the character, and try it out.

• Thumbs Up 1

image.png.7edbb38b5c309a48c93cdec4286b52e9.png

I cant help myself!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Pizza (Pineapple) 1

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Totally Cali, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

Do this - and stick to it.

Some people have set this up in the past - I'm sure there are threads. But get a set of die, or a random number generator.

First number? AT. (Skip Kheldians and VEATs - well, don't *skip* them, give them a try, just don't use them for this.)

Second number? Depends on how many choices there are for the AT, but primary powerset.

Third number? Secondary powerset.

Don't look up builds or anything. But commit to playing this to at least 35 (though 50's ideal.) Some will be *really* rough, some will be incredibly easy.

Alternately? Give yourself a "One of every #####" challenge - one of every melee primary, but using different ATs. One of every some-power-type - say, electric (control, melee, armor, blast, support....) - paired with like powers or not. Or something like one of every control set to 50 (got through all the Control sets on live once... then they introduced ELectric. I *did* get that to 50 too...)

On live, I used to do reverse-"flavor of the month" or "right FOTM, wrong AT." For instance, fire/kin controllers were a thing. Well, I had a fire/kin... corrupter. Or play a kin/fire tank. Energy/Ice was a FOTM blaster (dont' recall if that was just PVP or not,) I ran Ice/Energy just because.

Or just come up with your own little challenge.

15 hours ago, smnolimits43 said:

Some powers i haven't tried are Dark powers, seems to evil to me.

Powers are whatever you want them to be. And sometimes what you recolor them to be. I've seen Dark Armor, for instance, get recolored to be "Sand." Go Desert power. Yeah, it's one "lore-bit" I wish they'd remove - "Dark gets its power from the netherworld" in some descriptions, since I've seen it also IC explained as, say, clouds of nanites for bots/dark MMs (for instance.)

Your powers are whatever you decide they are.

Edited by Greycat

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

7 hours ago, Monty Haull said:

Play a SOA huntsman.  That means you don't pick powers from the crab or bane tracks.

Ooh, a Sons of Anarchy guild. 100% melee, pistols and shotguns. Hmm.

• Haha 1

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

15 hours ago, smnolimits43 said:

Some powers i haven't tried are Dark powers, seems to evil to me.  I haven't really given electric controller a real chance.  I don't want to play any type of Energy Blasters, too many DBZ characters.  

The great thing about the powersets is there visually editable. For instance I have a Dark/Dark Blaster that uses light to arrest/ko enemies. I also have a ICE/Dark whos dark powers are colored like his ICE blasts. 

6 hours ago, KC4800 said:

How about a walking taco that poops rainbows?

C'mon no powerset is that cool.

COH Build Generator - Google Sheets

This was found many years ago but this was a build generator by nick foster - here are 30 randomly generated ideas:

Brute : Energy / Electric / Medicine    Brute    Energy    Electric    Medicine
Defender : Nature / Beam Rifle / Speed    Defender    Nature    Beam Rifle    Speed
Corruptor : Beam Rifle / Radiation / Medicine    Corruptor    Beam Rifle    Radiation    Medicine
Sentinel : AR / Regen / Fighting    Sentinel    AR    Regen    Fighting
Blaster : Sonic Atk / Energy / Teleportation    Blaster    Sonic Atk    Energy    Teleportation
Tanker : Stone / War Mace / Presence    Tanker    Stone    War Mace    Presence
Brute : Staff / Dark / Leadership    Brute    Staff    Dark    Leadership
Stalker : Psionic / Invuln / Flight    Stalker    Psionic    Invuln    Flight
Brute : Martial Arts / Sup Reflex / Presence    Brute    Martial Arts    Sup Reflex    Presence
Defender : Nature / Fire / Leaping    Defender    Nature    Fire    Leaping
Controller : Plant / Poison / Leaping    Controller    Plant    Poison    Leaping
Controller : Electric / Poison / Leaping    Controller    Electric    Poison    Leaping
Scrapper : Spines / fire / Medicine    Scrapper    Spines    fire    Medicine
Blaster : Radiation / Fire / Presence    Blaster    Radiation    Fire    Presence
Mastermind : Demon / Kinetic / Speed    Mastermind    Demon    Kinetic    Speed
Scrapper : fire / Ice / Speed    Scrapper    fire    Ice    Speed
Dominator : Ice / Earth / Leaping    Dominator    Ice    Earth    Leaping
Controller : Mind / Thermal / Medicine    Controller    Mind    Thermal    Medicine
Brute : Ice / Ice / Medicine    Brute    Ice    Ice    Medicine
Stalker : fire / Willpower / Teleportation    Stalker    fire    Willpower    Teleportation
Brute : Katana / Willpower / Leadership    Brute    Katana    Willpower    Leadership
Dominator : Electric / Dark / Presence    Dominator    Electric    Dark    Presence
Blaster : Water / Devices / Flight    Blaster    Water    Devices    Flight

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lemming said:

I have Culinarian, though more based on over the top reality cooking shows.    Today's ingredients:  Hydra, Lusca, and a Swarm!

Bonan the Culinarian?

11 minutes ago, wjrasmussen said:

I want a postal worker costume.  Also, an oversized novelty cowboy hat.  It's funny because it is larger than a norm one.

C2Fo0gQXUAAt72q.jpg.f495f2388c1eed05d065f069edd98074.jpg

If anyone is curious, this is from a Primus video.

• Banjo 1
  • Microphone 1

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

16 hours ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

My work is done here.

During World War II, Julia Child was deemed too tall to join the Women's Army Corps...

>.>

...so she joined the Office of Strategic Services instead.

16 hours ago, smnolimits43 said:

the Puppet Show

If we're talking the Muppet Show, there are 2 (well, 3, technically) obvious choices:

image-placeholder-title.gif

Go deep on it - setup key binds to spam team chat with random noises and a lot of shouting of your own name.

muppet-show-muppets.gif

Go even deeper - build binds and macros to trash-talk your targets.

Or go Full @Snarky and use the binds on your team. 😉

I suppose you could use your powers too, but I'm thinking outside the box entertainment value here. 🤣

Edit: Actually, if I was inclined to Dual-Box a trash-talking Statler and Waldorf homage would be hilarious. A lot of work, but completely hilarious.

Double Edit: Actually don't take this one. I think Snarky and @Luminara should team-up this combo and go full ham on PUGs. Mostly Kidding ... Mostly.

Double-Edit Post Script: This post is not meant to be taken seriously in any fashion what-so-ever. Tongue Firmly In Cheek Here.

Edited by InvaderStych
  • Haha 1

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

16 hours ago, smnolimits43 said:

With the colour customizations available Dark powersets don't have to be dark.

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.