Which one of you jokers dumped a bunch of cheap LotG on the Market?

sbloyd

ah ha ha! you guys are funny! 😄

insuating that i am fixing the market and don't know how it works! you make me laugh! 😆

i set a minimum price and it sells, fast! which means i am selling a desired product for a fair price. in fact i almost always get a lot more than my minimum. if anything i am doing exactly opposite of the person selling for 1inf, i am stabilising the market with a fair minimum. 😜

• Haha 2

"I'm not crazy, my reality is just different than yours" the Cheshire Cat

"Ce n'est rien de mourir; c'est affreux de ne pas vivre"

(It's nothing to die, it's terrible not to live) Jean Valjean

"وطن المرء ليس مكان ولادته و لكنه المكان الذي تنتهي فيه كل محاولاته للهروب”

(Home is not where you were born, home is where all your attempts to escape cease.) Naguib Mahfouz

On 2/15/2024 at 11:56 AM, sbloyd said:

See title.

s-l1200.webp

4ZNPYDJMLBABTOLZ4TIJVYAU4I.gif

• Haha 2

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

On 2/19/2024 at 8:44 AM, Demobot said:

As a wise person once said, the market is a mechanism for transferring wealth from the impatient to the patient.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

On 2/16/2024 at 4:31 PM, Ridiculous Girl said:

someone must have dumped a large sum of crafted LoTGs and put them up for 1inf. i wish people would stop doing the 1 inf thing. it messes up the market and it often does not save you any inf.

yeah put stuff up on the market for 11 in, this way you make a least 6 inf profit

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

back to the Zukunft

@Jkwak

New lower prices for LotG global recharge is Market working as intended for the benefit of all, not for the few who repeatedly manipulate prices and other players for their own selfish benefit without any effort for an unearned income.

Edited by Digirium
  • Thanks 3

Not me ! Then again at the same time I am a bulk seller so I bet I have undercut you on tons of stuff way way below market value and don't care I have enough billions to do what I want on maxing out slots on toons how I want.  Which is my primary goal with marketeering not to make every ounce of money that is to tedious and while boring.

While not with these specific IO's your welcome on me driving down prices on other IO's

• Thumbs Up 2

FlashBack to old days: Pinnacle

Langar Thurs-Katana/SR 50; Hejtmane-DM/DA 50

Rogue Spear-Spines/DA 50; Hypnosis-Ill/Rad 50

Sir Thomas Theroux-DM/SR 50; Melted Copper-Fire/Shield 50; Byzantine Warrior-DB/ELA 50; Blade Tempo-50 DB/EA

14 hours ago, Digirium said:

New lower prices for LotG global recharge is Market working as intended for the benefit of all, not for the few who repeatedly manipulate prices and other players for their own selfish benefit without any effort for an unearned income.

Well, then technically it's not for the benefit of all if you mention a specific group who are not benefited.

So, let's say 'for the benefit of the overwhelming majority'.   🙂

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

My carpal tunnel shows that "without any effort" is not true. 😉 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Horizon Twilight, The Chernobyl Effect, XLR Mk8, Dodgeball, and a host of other alts all hanging out on Everlasting.

1 hour ago, EmperorSteele said:

*proceeds to sell everything for 1 inf*

*flippers buy them all and relist*

"Curses, foiled again!"

Student: "Master, what is the greatest lie told about the market?" 

Master: "That listing for 1 inf benefits poor players."

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, Amaterasu said:

<_<  >_>   Miiight have been me...I like to convert and flood with procs sometimes.

Ehn, I chickened out and relisted them all at 4mil; they sold immediately.  I'm going back to selling ATOs, I think.

Horizon Twilight, The Chernobyl Effect, XLR Mk8, Dodgeball, and a host of other alts all hanging out on Everlasting.

8 hours ago, EmperorSteele said:

*proceeds to sell everything for 1 inf*

*flippers buy them all and relist*

"Curses, foiled again!"

I have this fantasy/fear/fervent hope that one day, all demand goes away instantly and whoever was the last person without a chair when the music stops gets stuck with tens of thousands of pieces of inventory that are worthless (especially since you cannot sell IOs to vendors).  That would be cool.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Who run Bartertown?

Market Analysis: Some item prices go up. Some item prices go down. Some stay the same. 

Ultimately, the price of any item will rise or fall to where market forces deem they should be. 

Let us suppose we have two sinister people trying to manipulate the market. Perhaps it would be helpful to think of Ralph Bellamy and Don Ameche (from the now old movie "Trading Places", starring Eddie Murphy - the character names were Mortimer and Randolph Duke. They placed a bet over whether they could essentially have Ackroyd and Murphy trade lives - for a whopping 1 dollar, at that. 

Mortimer chooses to buy ALL the defensive recipes, and ALL the defensive IOs from the market. Even the ones that were listed by very greedy players who may no longer play the game. You know the type - the rascals that placed a bunch of them at 10M, when the going price was about 8M. Old Mortimer cleans all of them out. 

So, what happens is, Randolph notices this and because he has a training origin enhancement bet on the line with Mortimer, he decides to buy as many of the cheaper non-defensive recipes and IOs he can, and proceeds to craft and convert them ALL into LotG 7.5% (and a few of the rest of them - never know when someone is chasing the other set bonuses) 

So, despite Mortimer's attempt to drive the price up, Randolph is trying to drive it down - just to win that training enhancement from Mortimer. 
Mortimer is so crazy. He's been keeping that TO in his pocket since he was level 3 and got a lucky shot in against a Hellion boss back when HC first opened - the very first day! 
Randolph doesn't need it, of course, but winning it from Mortimer will give him something to boast about for the next several holidays. 

If the price of LotG 7.5% should be more, the market forces will make that happen. Now, it could be that someone like Yomo may deem themselves a market force. Properly motivated in one direction or another, we would feel that force - for a moment. But not forever. There's too much influence being earned each day to allow any one or few players to control the price of anything like an invention enhancement for long. 

It may go up. It may go down. It may stay the same. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Black_Assassin said:

Looks suspiciously like the Crazy 88s

And we all know how they ended up, in pieces. 😺

I make most of my Influence at the moment by Marketing.  I'm patient and know things. 😺

Any attempt to upset or corner the Market is likely to pass and leave things much as they were, certainly in enough time.  I wait until the prices seem to be good for making Influence again.  There are long term changes, but I adapt to them.

17 hours ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

I have this fantasy/fear/fervent hope that one day, all demand goes away instantly and whoever was the last person without a chair when the music stops gets stuck with tens of thousands of pieces of inventory that are worthless (especially since you cannot sell IOs to vendors).  That would be cool.

I think that happened on Friday, November 30, 2012, @Yomo Kimyata

Did you miss it?

I'm not looking forward to that happening again. 

I hope you aren't actually looking forward to that either.

• Sad 1

17 hours ago, Black_Assassin said:

Looks suspiciously like the Crazy 88s

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, Jacke said:

I'm patient and know things. 😺

6a98c3626f6625f92e92df51056ca33c.gif

• Confused 1