20th Anniversary..

Troo

..of City of Heroes,,, is this year?!  ((April 2019 was the 15th Anniversary))

The game was launched in North America on April 28, 2004, City of Villains was launched October 31, 2005

other 2004 dates:

March 22nd – Begin Adding Pre-order Customers to Beta
March 29th – Host Public Beta Sign-up
April 7th – All Pre-Order Customers Invited to Beta
April 14th – Randomly Selected Public Beta Invites Sent Out
April 22nd – Beta shutdown to prepare for Launch
April 25th – 3-Day Pre-order only Head Start
April 28th – Launch!

dates credit RicoZaid

I'm thinking tee-shirts

image.png.5b32ef1305d7d812472141cf75d20ab2.png

Edited by Troo
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Maybe I'm just too tired, but where are you getting next year for CoH (not CoV)?  I'm counting on fingers (I did say I was too tired) and still getting 20 on April 28 of this year.  Unless you're considering a completed year before each is counted?

• Haha 1

That's not you, that's me.

I was doing three things at once and I may have missed other 20th Anniversary posts but could not remember reading any and thought for a moment maybe the 20th IS next year..

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

1 hour ago, Troo said:

That's not you, that's me.

I was doing three things at once and I may have missed other 20th Anniversary posts but could not remember reading any and thought for a moment maybe the 20th IS next year..

You're not wrong. It's a fence post problem.

The game is launched in April 2004, that is the launch date.

On April 2005, the game celebrates its first anniversary.

This year marks twenty years since the game has launched but only the 19th anniversary.

Edit: Actually, I'm not 100% sure that I'm not committing an off by one error here.

Edited by Major_Decoy
  • Thumbs Up 1

20 minutes ago, Major_Decoy said:

Edit: Actually, I'm not 100% sure that I'm not committing an off by one error here.

It depends what you're actually celebrating.  For instance, a newborn is in their "first year of life", but what you celebrate is years completed - so 365 days after the birth you celebrate their first birthday.

I was told there'd be no math...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 9
  • Thumbs Up 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

1 minute ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

I was told there'd be no math...

This is most definitely not the game for no math.

There is, however, no meth. Which is an easy mistake to make. Just Superadine, Excelsior, Shift, Rage, Fixadine (not to be confused with fixadent), and Warshadesmax.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Staff of Aesculapius 1
  • Microphone 1
  • Pizza (Pepperoni) 1

1 hour ago, Major_Decoy said:

You're not wrong. It's a fence post problem.

The game is launched in April 2004, that is the launch date.

On April 2005, the game celebrates its first anniversary.

This year marks twenty years since the game has launched but only the 19th anniversary.

You’re overthinking it.

April 2005 = 1 year, and 19 more years brings you to 20 years and 2005+19=2024.

or we can literally just count it…

April 2004 = launch

April 2005 = 1 year Anniversary

April 2006 = 2 year Anniversary

2007 = 3

2008 = 4

2009 = 5

2010 = 6

2011 = 7

2012 = 8

2013 = 9

2014 = 10

2015 = 11

2016 = 12

2017 = 13

2018 = 14

2019 = 15

2020 = 16

2021 = 17

2022 = 18

2023 = 19

April 2024 = 20 year Anniversary

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Not sure I should fess up to this, but a few years after the shutdown I got to wondering if there were any CoH tshirts. I found some and bought several — in a few different colors and all different AT icons on them.  They’ve lasted pretty well. I’m actually wearing my black stalker T right now. I have a red blaster T as well, which your “don’t mez me, bro” pic reminded me of. 

Edited by ZekeStenzland
Sentence no verb!
  • Like 2
  • Pizza (Pineapple) 1

1 minute ago, ZekeStenzland said:

I found some and bought several — in a few different colors and all different AT icons on them.

pics or it isn't troo.

please sir, pics

32 minutes ago, Troo said:

pics or it isn't troo.

please sir, pics

The grey-area T shirt sites had/have them (I haven't looked recently though).  I bought a few, and have a hoodie with the Arachnos logo on it.

• Thumbs Up 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

Don't recall if it was at one of the HeroCons or at Comic-Con but I do recall seeing a concert tour-style t-shirt that listed all the issues on the back as Date-Issue Name, don't recall what the art on the front of the t-shirt was, may have been the one of the 4-panel Hero, Villain or Praetorian art.

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

2 hours ago, ZekeStenzland said:

Stalkers Represent! (Beard not included)

You know, it's somehow never occurred to me to wonder why the Stalker icon looks like a targeting crosshair.

NONE OF US HAVE GUNS!!

• Microphone 1

14 hours ago, ZemX said:

You know, it's somehow never occurred to me to wonder why the Stalker icon looks like a targeting crosshair.

NONE OF US HAVE GUNS!!

Not only that, but the majority of our attacks are in melee range. Anyone who needs a targeting reticle to hit a target which is within arm's-length distance, probably ought to find a different, non-combat-oriented line of work. I mean, if you need assistance to hit a melee-range target, how do you manage daily tasks like eating lunch or brushing your teeth?

• Haha 1

• Game Master
On 2/27/2024 at 7:08 AM, Major_Decoy said:

There is, however, no meth. Which is an easy mistake to make. Just Superadine, Excelsior, Shift, Rage, Fixadine (not to be confused with fixadent), and Warshadesmax.

I find fixadine really bad for holding in my dentures

• Haha 4
  • Pizza (Pepperoni) 1

On 2/27/2024 at 2:08 AM, Major_Decoy said:

And nutritious, delicious Enriche!

• Like 3

On 2/27/2024 at 9:36 AM, ZekeStenzland said:

I got stalker, brute, blaster and corrupter. 

Stalker, and MM, maybe a third?  Can't recall now.  Doms are my current fave, so I guess I need to get a new one.

Go have fun!

On 2/28/2024 at 4:59 AM, Icono04 said:

how do you manage daily tasks like eating lunch or brushing your teeth?

There are reticles for that, too!

Shouldn't the 20th badge be "Legit at Last!"?

• Thumbs Up 1

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

Maybe there's a super secret surprise in the works..