Infiltration... what the absolute frack is it?

So.  You take stealth on a build.  And it is so good.  You take it again. If only they made 20 more of these I would not even need other powers.

But wait, there is less.  It is a huge end hog, does not help vs Rikti Drones or other 'we see through stealth" and does nothing else.

Oh wait.  you can run and jump faster.  (I fly 99.9% time...)

Does this power have an y game value of is it just a LOTG mule and an end bar killer?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Staff of Aesculapius 1

8 minutes ago, Eiko-chan said:

Infiltration is an alternative travel power. Its run and jump times are slightly better than Athletic/Ninja Run, and it has the stealth component. 

redefining meh for the modern game.  if you can run, and have stealth....

• Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, Snarky said:

... then you can run faster, still have stealth, and you've got a useful mule for an LotG.

It's a nice to have, not an essential. If you fly all the time, then it's probably of less use to you but if we take out all the snarkless powers in game we'd have a much more limited set.

Your mileage is clearly different to others - which is not only ok, it makes the game more interesting.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Pizza (Pineapple) 1

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.

41 minutes ago, Snarky said:

does not help vs Rikti Drones or other 'we see through stealth" and does nothing else.

... that's... kind of the point of rikti drones and the couple of others? Which on the whole don't make up a huge percentage of the game...

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

nope

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

2 hours ago, Snarky said:

So.  You take stealth on a build.  And it is so good.  You take it again. If only they made 20 more of these I would not even need other powers.

But wait, there is less.  It is a huge end hog, does not help vs Rikti Drones or other 'we see through stealth" and does nothing else.

Does this power have an y game value of is it just a LOTG mule and an end bar killer?

It's an LOTG mule. My main Elec/Kin Corruptor has both Stealth and Infiltration, and those toggles have stayed off for the last three years. I could get an extra DEF boost by using them, but Transfusion is no joke and it lets me do stuff like farm +4/x8 despite my S/L Resistance being only 66%.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Krimson said:

It's an LOTG mule. My main Elec/Kin Corruptor has both Stealth and Infiltration, and those toggles have stayed off for the last three years.

... geez, that has been three years already (plus a month.)

• Thumbs Up 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

You lose ALL Defense if in combat.  you dont leave it on.

You slap 1 or 2 additional slots into it and use Universal Travel power sets in it to boost its run and jump effects.

Then you use 1 runspeed in sprint with it to get into the 80mph range. 90mphish if you have [quickness] or a variant of it

/bind z powexecname "Sprint"

/bind c powexecname "Infiltration"

/bind v powexecname "Jump Pack"

Boom, enjoy your natural-adjacentness travel power.

or that really weird build that is tight for power picks but light on enhancements

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Snarky said:

Let me correct that for you: "If you take Super Speed..."

• Thumbs Up 2

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Snarky said:

Does this power have an y game value

It was added to p!$$ you off, (which I'd say it's done successfully)...

nosferatu.jpg?w=480&h=320&crop=1

[Snarky checking if he's been detected or not...]

On a more serious note, I've never bothered taking infiltration, other than to try it out.  I'd rather the greater amount of concealment granted by the stealth power, and will use whatever other travel power I've taken, (also a big fan of fly, here).

Edited by biostem
  • Haha 2

I have a few characters with it. Mostly ones that got it when it was introduced and I didn't respec yet.

You can toss a celerity stealth in it to boost Its stealth.  It's not a conscious choice on any of my builds

• Pizza (Pepperoni) 1

6 hours ago, Snarky said:

Ever seen dogs that are taken on walks in the early evening(as of course I'd not expect you to see them during the day :P) and they have to stop and mark every tree? Well, there's your answer.

• Pizza (Pepperoni) 1

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Force Redux said:

I loved infiltration on my ground pounders

This. 

Edited by cranebump

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

1 hour ago, cranebump said:

This. 

I'm drunk. Or something. 🫠🫠

Let me correct: I just checked my ninjas and because Shinobi-iri doesn't stealth stack with infiltration they don't have it. Just my natural archer and natural tanker have it, combined with combat jumping.  Neither have the Speed pool either.

It's still good, but more niche than my memory was letting on.

And as Luminara mentioned, don't run it with it's poorer cousin, athletic run, they don't stack. 

((But totally run it with sprint))

• Microphone 1

@Force Redux on Everlasting

----- (read my guide) -----

Gather the Shadows: A Dark Miasma Primer for Masterminds

One thing worth pointing out, it slots *really* well with Universal Travel sets since it accepts both run and jump speed enhancements (and actually benefits from both, unlike trying to slot Sprint with jump).  Now i'm not normally for doing that but it's an easy way to squeeze in some extra ranged defense with Blessing of the Zephyr.

• Like 2

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

Infiltration+ a steatlh IO in sprint gives you what potentially could take you three power choices all in one.  Your invis power, your travel power, and a LoTG spot.  So, on characters that are tight on power choices it is a clear winner to me.  Stealth is actually the power I end up rarely seeing the point of taking once you have infiltration.

I think a lot of the issue is that some people just don't see it as a "real" travel power.  But with some slotting (and random +move IO set bonuses most end up getting) you can easily end up with 80+mph running/jumping speed with it, and  to me, that is plenty fast.  The jump height is also enough to easily get around almost anywhere.  I typically three slot infiltration with 2 winters gift set (20% slow resistance and a run/jump speed) and a LoTG.  

If you are a must on always being able to fly, than yes I can see where you don't see the use of it.  I'm definitely not one of those.  If you have stealth in your primary/secondary also less needed.

I also tend to just find infiltration a fun travel power to use, so that also helps.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Microphone 1

45 minutes ago, ZorkNemesis said:

One thing worth pointing out, it slots *really* well with Universal Travel sets since it accepts both run and jump speed enhancements (and actually benefits from both, unlike trying to slot Sprint with jump).  Now i'm not normally for doing that but it's an easy way to squeeze in some extra ranged defense with Blessing of the Zephyr.

Clatters long nails on desk.  And again.  And again….

hmmm.  I think it’s a worthless pick to even mule lotg.  Now you want me to tell me its good to throw sets in…

clatters nails…. Cannot tell if you are catfishing me…

let me ask you… what kind of sets are good for brawl?

• Haha 1

I say don't take it. I don't care if you don't want to infiltrate anything. Those of us that do, do.

Hehe, I made you say do do.

• Like 1
  • Victory: reserved for future use
  • Indom: Schtick, Pummel Pete, Plymouth, Pilkington
  • Reunion: Ghost Legacy, 7s7e7v7e7n7, Mind Funk, Bluto
  • Excelsior: Phrendon Largo, Fred Bumbler, John van der Waals,Allamedia Jones, Tzapt, Sn1pe
  • Torchbearer: Phrendon Largo, Kenny Letter,  Bewm, La Merle, Enflambe', Rock Largo, Bulk of the Weather, Retired Phrendon
  • Everlasting: Phrendon Largo, Krown, Buzz Words, Bicycle Repairman, Dee Fender, Carmela Soprano, Radmental Boy, Beet Salad, Sporanghi,Sue Ahn Cuddy, Fukushima Technician, Snow Globe Girl, Thug Therapist, Apple Brown Betty