Your Main Hero v Your Main Villain - Who’d win in a fight?

I spend way too much time thinking about this question, and I suspect I’m not the only one. It’s maddening, but if your main hero fought your main villain… first of all what/who are they and who do you think would win?

For me…

(Hero) Captain Blastastic - Sentinel - NRG/Invul/Lev

v

(Villain) Dr Infernus - Blaster - Fire/NRG/Fire

Winner: Definitely Dr Infernus. Just couldn’t see the Sentinel standing a chance. Capt B would struggle to land a blow I think, especially with boost range being used. 

Anyone else care to offer some match-ups?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

I would have a rough time even identifying which would be hero and which would be villain. Now, the winning character would be the main Ukase, ice/ice blaster simply due to more play time with that character than the others. (combining retail time with HC time)

Hero: Flitz teleporting MA/SR scrapper 

Villain: Red Rag Fire/Fire brute

Red Rag struggles to hit Flitz but his flaming aura does DoT damage. Flitz can beat on Red Rag but he shrugs off a lot of the smashing damage, can heal what does get through (Healing Flames) and can even come back from getting knocked out with Rise of the Phoenix. In the end, Flitz might have to teleport away unless he manages to stun Red Rag and take him down while RoTP is recharging.

Torchbearer: Flitz (MA/SR Scrapper), Lead Hose (AR/Dev Blaster), Red Rag (Fire/Fire Brute) ... and many more!

My heroes are always scrappy underdogs and my villains are always impossibly powerful, heartless maniacs.

In fiction, I guess my heroes win? It doesn't make sense really, but isn't that how it always works.

I tend to make characters with SR armor set (both heroes and villains).  Those rat b******s tend to be really hard to hit, so I reckon there would be a lot of whiffing and possibly both parties finally agreeing to a draw thanks to boredom and exhaustion. 😄🤷‍♂️

• Haha 1

My main is really more a rogue in concept and based off a Champions character from the 80s.   I suppose my main hero is my original char from live who is a fire blaster.   And in concept, my rogue is a bit weak toward fire anyway...

Hero: Nuclonus - Elec/Rad Sentinel vs Villain: Major Holocaust - Fire/Rad Brute

If the fight is in the open or terrain allowing sufficient vertical distance-

Winner: Nuclonus who can hover outside of the Major's range and rain electricity down upon free and clear. 

If the fight is in a confined space or such that there is little vertical distance available-

Winner: Major Holocaust who can cause mass destruction with fist and flame. 

Bit of a random thing though depending on Hero type though. Some match up better than others depending on powers and movement type such as Nuc who's a flyer vs the Major who's a Speedster. 

Both would win, as, faced with such a prospect, they'd be far more inclined to call a truce and work together to beat up whatever cosmic force it thought it could push them into fighting each other in the first place.

I'd have to decide who my main villain actually is. In practice it would distill to a choice between Huntsman Strauss and Barbed Quarrel. BQ is a Plant/TA troller and if I have to explain Huntsman to you then why are you reading this?

Scarlet Shocker would probably lose quite badly to both of them under most scenarios.

There's a fine line between a numerator and a denominator but only a fraction of people understand that.

Both my "back-in-the-day" favorite (Grey Kestrel - DB/WP/Mu with a perma-summoned Adept partner) and my main here (Kaikara - KM/Bio/Dark) are Rogue Stalkers, so Red Side wins either way. 😄

Comparing them, I think Kestrel is still probably the real nightmare of the two. Though Kai does more damage on her own than Kes does, Kestrel has ludicrous regeneration and the floating glass cannon that is Red Cardinal. Unless Kai managed to spike him fast, I'm pretty sure she'd eventually be in trouble. Bio is tough and she's well-built, but not quite as over-engineered as Kes was. 

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

My main villain is Jacob Hobbes, a.k.a. "Herocatcher Jake." He is an Ice/Thermal corruptor.

I keep changing my mind about which of my heroes is my main. None of them stand a chance against Officer Hobbes. They're all rule-following goody-goodies. They'd never assault a cop, especially not a cop who has an aura of warmth. They wouldn't resist a lawful arrest, either. Officer Hobbes is technically a corruptional officer, not a cop, but heroes usually don't appreciate the difference until they're wearing several kilograms of titanium jewelry.

If the heroes decided to resist arrest, Officer Hobbes would probably win against most of the squishies. I haven't done PVP recently, but I understand that his powersets are high-ranked in the current 1v1 meta. Against the tankers, it would probably be a stalemate. Hobbes couldn't hit hard enough, and the tankers couldn't hit at all.

Well... my main is technically Ultimo, a Radiation Blast/Invulnerability Sentinel, with Flight and Fighting.

However, I actually play him relatively little.  My highest level hero is Thor Odinsson, a War Mace/Electric Armour Brute with Superleap and Mu Mastery.

My main and highest level villain is Lord Dire, a Robotics/Force Field Mastermind with Flight and Mu Mastery.

I feel like Dire would win.  Thor struggles quite often, with endurance issues and general squishiness.  Dire, on the other hand, is a juggernaut, with his bots being nearly invulnerable most of the time, and Dire himself safe inside his Personal Force Field.  Thor does hit pretty hard though, so he might be able to take out the bots if he can land a hit here or there.

I've tried making these characters in the AE, but the balance there is so screwed up that it's nearly impossible to get a fight that might resemble the real thing.  Melee characters in the AE obliterate almost anything they touch, especially if they're given any of their medium or high level powers.

My villans would win, my heros just have outher goals and responsibilities over being strong. Most my villans do as well but one of my villans is an incarnate level threat where everything else I see as canonical in there 40-50 in power lever 

The problem is finding a way to put them in the same place (and time). My Praetorians never left their dimension. My vigilantes were no longer active when the Rikti came. (They would have celebrated their 50th anniversary if the Rikti hadn't wrecked their house.) My villain left Rouge Isles to retire somewhere in Asia before the meteor struck, while my heroes went active only after the incident.

Maybe a series of contrived coincidences involving time travel shenanigans? That would be poor storytelling, though.  

I look at it more from characters would would be best for 'any map' and I have to say Ill/dark versus a Fortunata would be epic. 

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Emma Strange: Ill/dark Controller. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Hesitation: Claws/sr Scrapper. 8. Within Reach: Axe/stone Brute. 9. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute.  10. Chasing Fireworks: Fire/time Controller. 

"Downtime is for mortals. Debt is temporary. Fame is forever."

In almost all circumstances my Claws/SR/Body would defeat any of my villains particularly on HC since none of my truly villainous sorts have hit 50 (whereas Greta is a completely t4 Incarnate).  She would be equally likely to defeat most of my Live villains.  I do have a couple Vigilante/Rogue characters that might get a bit rough to handle but probably not tough enough.  Maybe the Earth/Storm/Psy on a map where she could keep her ground bound while her Stormie side pounded away.  Just don't see most of the other competitors managing the dps to put her down while avoiding her.