Things from Live I dont miss....

Lunchmoney

(Since my last thread got deleted with no comment to me as to why, I am left guessing.... I guess it was links? Would be nice to be told why something was deleted, or maybe just try editing out the offending material in future?)

Anyway, on to the things I dont miss....

The gold sellers. 

The barrage of messages selling inf for $'s. 

With a cursory search they can found still trying to sell inf for the Live game. Fools. 

Anything from Live you dont miss?

I used to play under the handle @Purple Clown, back on Live. Now I play under @Lunchmoney

I'm in the UK and play on Reunion.

Players complaining about the company running the game making a profit.

PS: And the developers trying to make moral judgements against players based on how they choose to play the game, because the system they built could not handle the load.

Edited by jubakumbi
PS

3 hours ago, GavinRuneblade said:

NC Soft 

^^^ This.

Global Handle: @PaxArcana ... Home servers on Live: Freedom Virtue ... Home Server on HC: Torchbearer

Archetype: Casual Gamer ... Powersets:  Forum Melee / Neckbeard ... Kryptonite:  Altoholism

14 minutes ago, Mansome said:

R U H34L0RZ? anytime I logged in as a defender or corrupter. It got so bad I actually made a character called that.

I have a healer these days, and I can vouch for the fact that they are not as prized as they once were.

What was no more, is REBORN!

7 hours ago, Lunchmoney said:

(Since my last thread got deleted with no comment to me as to why, I am left guessing.... I guess it was links? Would be nice to be told why something was deleted, or maybe just try editing out the offending material in future?)

Anyway, on to the things I dont miss....

The gold sellers. 

The barrage of messages selling inf for $'s. 

With a cursory search they can found still trying to sell inf for the Live game. Fools. 

Anything from Live you dont miss?

Funny thing was that it really died out after a while. I remember there being a massive flood of inf sellers coming on and then people proceeding to laugh their asses off at them pointing out that, unlike other MMOs, making inf in CoX was massively easy especially after the IOs and the AE came in and you could power level your own farming toon with relative ease. I remember one advertising 10 million in for a stupidly high real world money price and then a slew of "I make that in 5 minutes on a farming character...why the hell would I pay for that?"

Even before you had the auction house or IOs you had inf sellers and people were like "what the hell am I going to spend that on, I'm already SO'd out...it isn't THAT hard to make money at level 50.."

They died very quickly, especially on the EU servers, because it was clear that A) There wasn't the market for it and B) That they had gambled on the wrong game to try and farm since it wasn't like WoW classic where your epic mount cost 1000 gold which, at the time, was a stupidly large amount for a normal player.

• Like 3

On 8/15/2019 at 4:14 PM, Abraxus said:

I have a healer these days, and I can vouch for the fact that they are not as prized as they once were.

I had one or two in the old days and I have one now and the call for them seems to be about the same.

I'm not proud, I'll admit I made healers so that the cool kids will pick me to be on their teams first. 

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

13 hours ago, Eva Destruction said:

I don't miss having to wait a million years to buy IOs lower than level 50.  I miss even less having to wait a million billion years trying to buy them redside.  And I most certainly don't miss the years of the devs ignoring villain players' pleas for a market merge. 

Ummm the market, red, blue and gold for every shard was the same place for years before the game closed.

Edited by HeroReborn

On 8/15/2019 at 4:23 PM, Apparition said:

Receiving tells out of the wazoo the moment that one of my toons reached level 46 (or whatever it was): "Hey, do you mind going to PI and bridge for us?"

Wow, I’d totally forgotten the term “bridge”.  I don’t miss that at all. 

On a similar note, I don’t miss the old SK / EX system either. Having to find someone low enough to run Positron, having to find someone to SK your friend’s character who was 10 levels lower, or even worse, walking 50 feet away from your Mentor in the zone or mission. 

• Like 1

Supergroup prestige.

Mender Ramiel and Trapdoor.

Edited by Heraclea
  • Like 2
QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

I don't miss the 2 billion inf asking price of gladiator 3% def PvP unique recipe/IO.  😄

I don't miss the days where Fitness wasn't inherent and 99.99% alts were forced into taking three out of the four powers (we did have occasional people skipping Fitness, but they were in the extreme minority and only really doing it for kicks or had backup replacements powers such as those found in Regen or Willpower, but more often than not, they went Fitness anyway)

Prestige as mentioned above.  😄

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Force Redux said:

NC Soft.

Jack Emmett.

I get the whole "Jack Emmert" sentiment, as his later days with the game weren't necessarily good.  But, let's not forget that he helped bring CoH to life in the beginning, so for that at least, his name doesn't live in total infamy in my book.

• Like 2

What was no more, is REBORN!

58 minutes ago, Abraxus said:

I get the whole "Jack Emmert" sentiment, as his later days with the game weren't necessarily good.  But, let's not forget that he helped bring CoH to life in the beginning, so for that at least, his name doesn't live in total infamy in my book.

Definitely not villifying him, but the dev team and vision for the game leaped miles ahead when he was gone on to Champions Online. That's all.

• Like 6

@Force Redux on Everlasting

----- (read my guide) -----

Gather the Shadows: A Dark Miasma Primer for Masterminds