Can we get merge Bosses for the other factions?

Like the Malta have Hercules Titans merge to become Zeus titans, I love to see other factions given similar 'merge' mobs.

Like Werewolf Champions merging to become Werewolf Lords. or Tarantula Mistresses to Tarantula Queen, etc.

Or have them merge to become a new boss type.

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

I am so ashamed at where my mind went when I saw the thread title

I don't like the idea of biological thingies merging like warwolves and such, but things like Jumpbots, council and 5th robots and pretty much anything nemesis would be cool 

Mayhem

It's my Oeuvre baby!

While they're about it, they need to make the mergeable GM for the Malta Group. Look at the Kronos Titan, and compare it to a Zeus Titan. You can see that they're both the merged form of a smaller Titan -- the Hercules Titan for the  Zeus, and something like an Ouranos Titan for the Kronos. It would make things interesting to be fighting a pair of Ouranos Titans and have them merge into a Kronos when you damage one too far.

Edited by srmalloy
  • Like 3

Natterlings can merge, I believe. Hydra enemies I'd also believe merging but at present they don't. Other than those, though? NO! Why should two werewolves be able to amalgamate themselves into a bigger werewolf? That makes no sense whatsoever, why would you even suggest that?

• Like 2

Character portrait artist for hire, PM for details!

Commissions: Closed, Sorry

2 hours ago, srmalloy said:

While they're about it, they need to make the mergeable GM for the Malta Group. Look at the Kronos Titan, and compare it to a Zeus Titan. You can see that they're both the merged form of a smaller Titan -- the Hercules Titan for the  Zeus, and something like an Ouranos Titan for the Kronos. It would make things interesting to be fighting a pair of Ouranos Titans and have them merge into a Kronos when you damage one too far.

600,000,000 times this it would be AWESOME you could turn the Kronos into a sort of event, have the two smaller gm's and if they arent taken down quickly enough... splot Kronos!!

Mayhem

It's my Oeuvre baby!

4 hours ago, Flashtoo said:

Natterlings can merge, I believe. Hydra enemies I'd also believe merging but at present they don't. Other than those, though? NO! Why should two werewolves be able to amalgamate themselves into a bigger werewolf? That makes no sense whatsoever, why would you even suggest that?

Okay, so one werewolf eats the heart of another, making itself stronger. Satisfied?

• Like 2

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

27 minutes ago, Oubliette_Red said:

Okay, so one werewolf eats the heart of another, making itself stronger. Satisfied?

this IS a PG rated game you know 😄

one condition, if there are more merge bots out there, at least one of them HAS to say "And I'll form the head!" when they merge!!

• Haha 1

Mayhem

It's my Oeuvre baby!

Considering what's in it, I'm not sure "PG" is an apt signifier of the content for this game.  "PG-13" at least.

Let's see . . . we could also do Clockwork Merging.  Basically the bigger Clockwork can steal parts for smaller Clockwork to repair themselves.  I mean, we already have the Assemblers, so why not?

Vahzilok could have a slight variation of this, by adding another Power to Face Taker which removes a Cadaver corpse early, but gives a charge of "Mend Eidolon" Power so the Face Taker can heal them.

Winter Horde . . . pretty obvious.  Could even use a white-textured version of the Natterling merge animation.

Slag Golems too.  Possibly Shivans.  Someone already mentioned Hydra.

Bigger Trolls could steal 'Dyne capsules off of defeated minions to give themselves a temporary combat boost.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Vanden said:

Okay but why? Do you just want to fight more bosses or something?

My friends and I were running through content out in Striga, dealing with Hrecs/Zeus and also a lot of 5th Column where there were lots of vamps and werewolves and mentioned the lack of merge bosses in other groups.

As for a in-game reason why, well.. heroes continue to evolve and get more powerful, why wouldn't existing groups want to experiment and create stronger creatures to combat them... us?

• Like 2

15 hours ago, boggo2300 said:

600,000,000 times this it would be AWESOME you could turn the Kronos into a sort of event, have the two smaller gm's and if they arent taken down quickly enough... splot Kronos!!

Then if you don't take down two Kronos quickly enough could they turn into Krogoths?

😉

1 hour ago, Lost Ninja said:

Then if you don't take down two Kronos quickly enough could they turn into Krogoths?

😉

ad infinitum, until the zone is nothing but huge Malta Robots doing the whole Kill Krush Destroy thing!

now THAT would be a zone event!

Mayhem

It's my Oeuvre baby!

• Retired Game Master
18 hours ago, boggo2300 said:

this IS a PG rated game you know

City of Heroes was rated T(een), aka PG-13.

The mechanic would need to be limited to higher level enemies, as going from 2 Lts with at least one low health to a full health boss at mid-lower levels (meaning sub 30-35) is a bit of a rough ask. It should be something pretty rare, otherwise it looses its Cool Factor. Plus it would make my pre-pet soloing controllers cry. 

Edited by GM Sijin
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, GM Sijin said:

City of Heroes was rated T(een), aka PG-13.

The mechanic would need to be limited to higher level enemies, as going from 2 Lts with at least one low health to a full health boss at mid-lower levels (meaning sub 30-35) is a bit of a rough ask. It should be something pretty rare, otherwise it looses it's Cool Factor. Plus it would make my pre-pet soloing controllers cry. 

I agree with the occurrence being rare and also leaving out the factions that don't even reach those mid-lower levels. Hellions, Trolls, Outcasts, etc are barely above normal human levels.

On 10/18/2019 at 6:40 PM, Oubliette_Red said:

Like the Malta have Hercules Titans merge to become Zeus titans, I love to see other factions given similar 'merge' mobs.

Like Werewolf Champions merging to become Werewolf Lords. or Tarantula Mistresses to Tarantula Queen, etc.

Or have them merge to become a new boss type.

I kind of feel like this would have very limited application because it needs to actually make sense thematicly for the enemy group and the enemy merging. Titans are robots and thus can be designed to do this. So perhaps the Spiders of archnos might also work. Or some of the clock work for that matter. But frankly I think it would be ridiculously stupid to see two warewolves go run at each other and make a super wolf.  Just seems like this would not look right for many living creatures in the game. Though I do like the idea of the surprise pop like when a enemy is killed and pops into a wolf. Maybe more of stuff like that would be fun. 

• Like 2

Not a merge mechanic per se, but it'd be kind of cool if members of the Carnival of Shadows/Light did things like forming a human pyramid or if strongmen threw acrobats as a sort of "fastball special".  It'd also be cool if, for instance, a Rikti could call down a suit of power armor for backup, but you could try and destroy it before they were able to don it...

• Like 3

There's MANY villian groups it makes no lore-wise sense for. 

But I admit, I would cheer if I saw two Rikti Mentalists merge together and form a glowing ball of ghostly rage and said "Power Overwhelming!!"

Blizzard would probably object to that specific one though.  And lorewise, Rikti  != Protoss.

• Like 1