Scrapperlock

Troo

Anyone who has played a scrapper and does NOT have a “last player standing” memory is NOT PLAYING THEIR SCRAPPER correctly.

There, I said it.  We were all thinking it.

I once duo’d with a player who made himself look like a flaming monkey in costume creator and he was one of my Fire/Kin’s “scrapper pets.”  He’d basically just stay targeted on one of the Imps and do whatever they were doing.  Was hilarious when we’d join a team together.

• Like 5

Tankerlock for me.  I've only had one Scrapper I have progressed to any decent level, and Tankers have been my mains both here and before Sunset.  Brutes are a close second, though.

Are you a Wolf, a Sheep, or a Hound?

They called me crazy? They called me insane? THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right.

• 1 month later
On 11/16/2019 at 10:45 AM, Charistoph said:

Tankerlock for me.

image.png.930bdfb353fce3018ca221d8143c27da.png

"okay, so there's a lot of ya"

Edited by Troo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

42 minutes ago, Troo said:

TankerLock.thumb.png.378427ca8c1860c6364266ab758063ef.png

Looks about right for the old days of herding the entire Drek map into one convenient location for disposal.  Back in issue 4 I could /e newspaper with hundreds of freaks beating on me.

• Haha 3

Guardian Survivor, occasional tanker and player of most AT's.

Guides: Invulnerability Tankers, The first 20 levels.  Invulnerability Tankers Soft Cap defense

Spoiler

53 minutes ago, Call Me Awesome said:

Looks about right for the old days of herding the entire Drek map into one convenient location for disposal.  Back in issue 4 I could /e newspaper with hundreds of freaks beating on me.

The only thing(s) missing is (are) the dumpster (and the fire patch inside it) ...

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

16 minutes ago, Sakai said:

6 second rule?

Its listed earlier in the thread.  It was something from the old scrapper forums.

Basically the team has 6 seconds to tell you the rules for engagement. 

Otherwise as a scrapper you can just Leeroy Jenkins through the mission at will, as long as you kill what you aggro.  Or it kills you.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Haijinx said:

Its listed earlier in the thread.  It was something from the old scrapper forums.

Basically the team has 6 seconds to tell you the rules for engagement. 

Otherwise as a scrapper you can just Leeroy Jenkins through the mission at will, as long as you kill what you aggro.  Or it kills you.  

That's a good rule. That must be the time I spend impatiently hopping around waiting for someone to do something. Don't last much longer then that. 

12 hours ago, Troo said:

TankerLock.thumb.png.378427ca8c1860c6364266ab758063ef.png

So sad that I never had a Tanker high enough when those days existed.

Are you a Wolf, a Sheep, or a Hound?

They called me crazy? They called me insane? THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right.

5 hours ago, Charistoph said:

So sad that I never had a Tanker high enough when those days existed.

It was a glorious amount of fun.  Hami-O's were also 50% enhancement value, there was no ED so attacks were generally slotted with 6 Nucleous (Acc/Dam) HO's giving the attack about twice the damage it's possible to get now.  Pull the entire map, which took about 10 minutes, duck around a corner leaving about 4' open in front of you and most of the hundreds of mobs chasing you ended up in that same location standing inside of each other.  Pop a red, Seismic Smash and everything but bosses were dead and everything slowed way down while the game popped up a few hundred red numbers.

• Like 2

Guides: Invulnerability Tankers, The first 20 levels.  Invulnerability Tankers Soft Cap defense

Spoiler

On 11/8/2019 at 6:36 AM, Call Me Awesome said:

Scrapperlock is something that transcends AT.  I've been guilty of it on Scrappers, Brutes, Stalkers, Tankers, Blasters, Defenders... once you build some good defenses a Blaster can keep right on trucking through a fair number of mob types just like a Scrapper.  A Scrapper is just less likely to bite off more than he can chew; LESS likely of course doesn't mean "it won't happen".

So true. I get Scrapperlock on my BR/EA Sentinel.

• Like 1

• 1 month later
  • 1 month later

Are other ATs catching or presenting scrapperlock symptoms? Maybe scrappers are just playing more ATs.

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Blapperlock

When something needs its face beaten down, nothing says style when you are battling it with basically your underpants on and no armor set.

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

45 minutes ago, Outrider_01 said:

Blapperlock

When something needs its face beaten down, nothing says style when you are battling it with basically your underpants on and no armor set.

I've gotten into the scrapperlock mentality on a Blaster before, albeit from range since my Blasters are built as ranged combatants.  I DO build them for near soft capped Ranged defense which may be a contributing factor.  I do like the Aim/Buildup/Bonfire/Rain of Fire/Nuke combination though, and it's great for eliminating most of a spawn.  I've tried other APP's but I always come back to Pyre for Bonfire... a KB-KD IO makes it into a thing of beauty.

Spoiler

On 11/7/2019 at 2:32 PM, Shred Monkey said:

Scrapperlock is when the rest of your team wipes, everyone respawns back at the hospital, and comes back to regroup at the mission entrance, and not only are you still alive and fighting... but you didn't notice they were gone.

Where's my "Truth" emoji?  

Or you realize, as the last one falls,) they haven't all 'hit the hospital', but have been rooting you on in chat as they lay, defeated, watching the show.

• Like 1

Is there another way to play?  Scrapperlock for life!  Granted, my sentinels think they're tanks but they still go full boar ahead and damn the torpedoes!  

Yesterday, on a brute, I was scrapperlocking a lil too hard on a DFB and realized, as I tasted sewer water, I shoulda waited for the actual scrapper to finish leveling.

• Haha 3